Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67568 - 07/15/02 10:52 PM New boat
HunterWA73 Offline
Fry

Loc: Everett
OK. I'm getting my new boat this weekend. I desided to go with a 17'8" with a 125hp and a 9.9 kicker with easy steer. Full canvas top. Boat mounted trolling motor.

Being a new westsider, I will either have to make some friends here to show me the ropes of the salt water fishing and westside lake fishing Or I'll be hualing it east alot.

Can't wait!
Hunter

#67569 - 07/15/02 11:26 PM Re: New boat
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Well Hunter, what would you like to know. There is a wealth of info and experience on this board. I am sure we can help you with any question that you may have.

Might I suggest, if this is your first boat, practice driving your trailer backwards in a parking lot some where. So when you get to a busy launch you can get in and get out in as little time as possible.

Welcome aboard!

#67570 - 07/15/02 11:46 PM Re: New boat
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
Good call Carl...there's nothing worse than sitting in line at the launch,when the person in front of you can't back up a trailer. mad A close second is the guy that's in line for 20 minutes,and waits till his turn to stow his gear,unstrap the boat,and put the plug in. mad

Hunter...You aren't one of those guys are you? laugh Welcome aboard!

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#67571 - 07/16/02 12:35 AM Re: New boat
HunterWA73 Offline
Fry

Loc: Everett
Backing up a trailer is not a problem for me.
Loading and unloading a boat is a simple task. Well for most. It is funny how a simple task like that can take 20 mins. Even for the guys with the 12 footer.

What concerns are there when using your boat in salt?
Hunter

#67572 - 07/16/02 07:37 AM Re: New boat
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
What concerns??? How about SALT SALT and MORE SALT! You MUST wash your boat and trailer down after each use in the salt water. I recommend using a soap spray followed by a fresh water rinse. And flush both main and kicker motor with fresh water for 3 minutes. Saltwater is very cruel to boats and if you don't take good care of your boat after it's in the saltwater it won't be long before it falls apart.
Be very careful motoring around the Sound. Unlike freshwater, there are any number of things that can kill you such as semi-submerged logs and giant freighters and barges. Also, strongly consider getting a GPS for those mornings when fog rolls in and you can't see 50 feet in front of you. Don't rely on just a compass to get back home.
I'm sure there's more that other people will come up with. Congrats on your new boat. You're going to have a blast and catch lots of salmon this fall! smile

#67573 - 07/16/02 09:21 AM Re: New boat
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
One other thing you might want to look into is running "Salt Away" through your motor when you flush it as well. When I had my initial service done on my new boat last march the folks at Light House Marine in Gig HArbor swear by it and run it through all the motors they service. You can get it at Wal-Mart or order it from Cabelas.

As far as Salt water fishing tips in the sound, just remember one thing....GREEN!! Green Flasher with: Green Herring hood, Green Spoon, Green Hoochie (although white hoochies work well also),
Green (or Army Truck) Koho Killer.

Good luck with the new boat!

#67574 - 07/16/02 01:41 PM Re: New boat
On The Hook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Post Falls, Idaho
Hey Hunter

Where you orignally from.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |