THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67967 - 08/23/02 08:35 AM Re: Deep Lake!!
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

BBVD,

The lake might be too warm by now. Usually i stop fishing the lake around July due to warming. Never tried downrigging deep though. Color of Wedding that works best is RED

SFJ

Get Hooked!

#67968 - 08/23/02 09:32 AM Re: Deep Lake!!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn
BBVD,

Hey just trying to put login name to face. Are you the young guy I trolled the wedding ring around in my float tube for? Sounds like to same dude since you have your boat now. Might have to hit up the lake again soon.

#67969 - 08/23/02 01:21 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
HOW BIG ARE THE KOKANEE IN DEEP LAKE? ANYTHING ABOVE 18"? SLIP BOBBER OFF THE BANK, ANYONE TRY USING SUCKER MEAT FOR KOKANEES? **BERKLEY BOY**

#67970 - 08/23/02 10:20 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Floattuber,

Yeah that was me. That day really did suck, it was just a bad day. I ended up putting ten hours onto that lake, and i only brought in one. he was a nice bow and all, but i couldnt get ahold of those kokes at all.

I ended up going to kanasket and using that same blue fox that you had, only i couldnt find any with a skirt like yours had. I ended up getting a couple, that was pretty nice, and made up for the slowing of the lake. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

As for the kokes, they average around 11 inches or so... But the meat is what is best. BRIGHT red.

Hey does anyone know how to catch some LUNKER bass? Like when and how. I keep seeing them cruising around the dock but can never get them to take anything. The biggest I caught out there so far was about a pound, but I keep seeing these huge ones and i cant get them!! Frustrating!!

#67971 - 08/24/02 11:58 AM Re: Deep Lake!!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
FFF - sounds like you have some good info on fishing for these. Wouldn't mind hooking up sometime with you and see what is going on.

BBVD - sounds like I would have to bring my pontoon with me to fish this lake. Not out of the question - just got a new boat though laugh so I am into 'breaking it in' properly by catching fish off of it...Wife only wants to use it for skiiing. rolleyes

#67972 - 08/30/02 10:32 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Spawner

Hey Floatuber I thought I saw you today at the lake. How has it been lately? Sports and work have kept me from fishing for at least a week... which is almost depressing.

Anything? Keepable?

#67973 - 08/31/02 08:46 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

One 9" perch. Threw back
One 10" Kokanee Threw back

You must have been with the high school track team running? Cause I didn't see you on the dock or on the water.

Really slow out there though.

#67974 - 09/01/02 01:34 AM Re: Deep Lake!!
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

BBVD,

When do you normally hit Deep Lake? My Dad and I usually hit it around May and June (lake warms up in June/July so fishing would be way slow then).

Sidenote: we need some rain to get the Coho moving in to Lk. WA!!!

SFJ

Get Hooked!

#67975 - 09/01/02 08:13 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Spawner

Yeah some may call it cross country, I like to refer to it as suicide... Nearly killed my ankle this week. If you wanna yell at us or insult us, its all good, i know its all from the heart.

I usually fish it from may to august. Kokes seem to heat up in the summer. I want to know what is goin on though cause no one seems to be hittin them very well.

Someone told me the pollen falling from the trees dramatically slows the bite... Fact or hoax?

#67976 - 09/06/02 10:09 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Stopped by there today with the wife off of the dock. SHe caught a 12" KOke and I caught a worm. So I went to the salt and crabbed for awhile and caught nothing "fish wise" there either. Bad day. About 30 crabs in 2 hours. NO KEEPERS.

#67977 - 09/06/02 10:45 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Spawner

heading there tomorrow, will let you know how i do. like i said, its been awhile since i fished it now with cross country and school goin.

#67978 - 09/07/02 08:59 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Spawner

Okay, I dont know WHAT you guys are sayin. I went today and limited. All kokes, all 18 feet down with power bait, and pieces of worm. Colors that worked were sherbert and chartreuse.

No more then 4-5 hours.. mostly cause I was talkin to a few friends rather than fishin and i missed a hundred bites... I probably coulda been gone by 10 if I hadnt been with friends laugh

Good luck

Curtis

#67979 - 09/08/02 02:15 AM Re: Deep Lake!!
SalmonFisherJeff Offline
Smolt

BBVD,

How warm is the lake now? Congratz on your fishing!

Get Hooked!

#67980 - 09/14/02 11:32 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Well me and the wife headed out to the dock at about 8 this morning. Landed three nice Rainbows and had many bites but no takers. We had to leave for other plans but may have limited with alot of time. We were averaging about a fish and hour. I was fishing at 18ft and she was at 12ft. Both effective today.

#67981 - 09/15/02 02:34 PM Re: Deep Lake!!
Spawner

A tip that ive kinda learned at Deep Lake...

If your bobber is all of a sudden underneath the water, its a rainbow. No question. It is a 99% chance that it is a rainbow. I've had about 1, maybe two kokes grab it that fast.

With kokes, they tend to sit there and just play with it for awhile. thats why I only use half a worm at most, and a tiny piece of powerbait. use to much, and they will play with it FOR EVER.

When they finally take it, I'd suggest waiting for the bobber to be underwater. Even if they take off with it, I still like to wait for it to go underwater before i set the hook, mostly for reassurance.

If your bobber just tilts over and all of a sudden just lays on its side.. You can either wait and hope the koke isnt jetting it to the surface, or you can reel it in as fast as you can, and when you feel any pressure, set the hook lightly and see if you got him. It's a 50/50 chance hes going to jump if you see your bobber set over.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
derekE, hunting 6x6, josh870, Lanny McGlamery, steelie guy, Vern B.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |