LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68224 - 09/03/02 02:36 AM 4 Browns & 3 Poachers!
justakick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
This afternoon, I thought that I would give Medical Lake in Spokane Co. another shot after a couple of fruitless tries earlier in the year. It turned out to be very productive!
I got 4 nice browns ranging from 16"-19" after fighting the wind for a couple of hours. I got them on a #10 Pheasant Bug with my quick sink line.
Now for the poachers, I got them on my Voicestream. You see, after kicking around the lake for a couple of hours, I found a feeding lane where the browns were laying. After catching and releasing 2 fish, I noticed that I was being watched from further out in the lake. Well "my friend" from the Ukraine who was observing the action, decided to paddle his K-Mart raft over to where I had been releasing fish and drop anchor. He, with his wife and boy pulled out the worms and spinning gear and proceeded to catch and keep fish (Medical Lake is a selective gear lake, no bait) So, since he rudely imposed himself on me, I decided to call it a day and head back to the ramp. A short ways down the lake, I reached for my cell and had a nice little chat with Officer Joe at the Medical Lake Police Dept. laugh :p As I was loading my boat, I looked back over to "the spot" and Officer Joe had called them over on the shore. wink When I drove off I could see a raft coming back towards the boat launch. I saw Joe a few moments later in the park parking lot and he told me he contacted the WDFW and they were checking into it. He also told me that he would be meeting them at the launch when they arrived. laugh
So if you can, guys & gals....pop a poacher! smile

#68225 - 09/03/02 09:27 AM Re: 4 Browns & 3 Poachers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Nice goin'! cool

#68226 - 09/03/02 08:52 PM Re: 4 Browns & 3 Poachers!
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Kudos! I guess reporting violators can work!

#68227 - 09/04/02 05:33 PM Re: 4 Browns & 3 Poachers!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
i personally work with a guy from the ukraine, they are rude people indeed.. maybe its a culteral thing, ive noticed them fishing in the green for SUCKERS they actually eat them, i dont mind them catchig them and getting them out of the river so no complaints, only if they would fish the clearwater in idaho and rid the river of the squawfish and suckers, not to mention carp too..im sure there are lots of nice ukrainians but have met to meet one on a personal level..but however ive heard stories where the russians and ukrainians have decimated fisheries one certain small creeks cuz of over fishing with all the buddies.. **berkley boy**

#68228 - 09/05/02 03:23 AM Re: 4 Browns & 3 Poachers!
justakick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
BERKLEY-

Unfortunately there is a side to their past which is sad. Many of them had to stand in line for hours waiting to pay exorbitant prices for second grade food. All because their G** D*** government was too busy spending money on trying to keep their people inside it's borders and building missles. Sucker, carp and tench probably taste good to them after what their government has been feeding them. However, what bothers me, without getting into a political discussion,is that freedom is earned and not everything is free, as many think. We as Americans, although we may not like some of our laws,obey them on the most part. Freedom is a responsibility and not a right. If we didn't put regulations and limits on our resources, then what would we have? We understand this and I don't think that some people coming to this land do. While trying to preserve a resource by releasing the fish, he found an opportunity to exploit it, illegally. My intent was to educate the gentleman on just one of our laws. smile I doubt very much that much of a fine came out of it, but maybe a stiff warning. If I accomplished that, we are making headway.
I will now step down from my political soapbox laugh and please, no tomatoes <e or no e? Come on guys help me out, I feel like Dan Quail in a spelling bee! laugh laugh rolleyes

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |