Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68265 - 09/05/02 12:25 PM visiting you from england
uk Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: england uk
hi,i will shortly be spending 3 mths in seattle working.I live in the uk & enjoy fishing for Carp.Could anyone give me any tips on where to fish,baits etc.Also any good tackle shops in Seattle as i won't be able to bring my rods altho i'll put in reels & terminal tackle.Thanks in advance.

#68266 - 09/05/02 12:41 PM Re: visiting you from england
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Welcome to Washington! You could not have picked a better time to come to Washington for fishing. The fishing is really starting to heat up in the salt water. The rivers will be overflowing with fish very soon (as soon as we get some rain) too.

A good fishing gear shop right in downtown Seattle would be Outdoor Emporium (I don't know the exact location). They will have any gear you might need. I am sure there are other fishing shops near by I just don't know where they are. I am sure some of the other board members can help you out too.

#68267 - 09/05/02 12:50 PM Re: visiting you from england
uk Offline
Eyed Egg

Thanks for the reply.I'm looking forward to my trip,mainly for the fishing.I normally only fish freshwater lakes over here and i love catching Carp for the fight you get.If anyone can tell me of any lakes containing carp within 1 hr drive from the centre i will be forever in your debt!What sort of weather can i expect over the next 3 mths as i really have no idea.1st time in the states & i can't wait!Thanks again,Dave.

#68268 - 09/05/02 01:03 PM Re: visiting you from england
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
All you need to remember is to buy a "Fishing and Hunting News" when you get here. There's a good ad in it and directions on how to get there with the help of a map. laugh

#68269 - 09/05/02 01:05 PM Re: visiting you from england
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
OLD MAN

LOL- Only thing is you will get there just about a two weeks late laugh

#68270 - 09/05/02 01:09 PM Re: visiting you from england
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
After you get into Seattle check this board to get an idea of what is hot and what is not. Fishing conditions change around here from week to week.

September and October can be nice (Indian summer) around here. November is usually wet and stormy.

Also check out the parent site HERE for info on all the different lakes around here.

#68271 - 09/05/02 02:07 PM Re: visiting you from england
uk Offline
Eyed Egg

cheers fella's.maybe see you on the bank.pls post any extra tips.Dave.

#68272 - 09/05/02 06:51 PM Re: visiting you from england
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
UK,
Welcome. If carp fishing is what you're looking for you won't need to go any further than Green Lake....a short bus ride from downtown Seattle. However, since you are here I recommend branching out and targeting some of the other fish the Pacific NW is known for such as steelhead, salmon and trout. Who knows, you might even get a chance to get out on the water with someone from the board.
JMS

#68273 - 09/05/02 07:19 PM Re: visiting you from england
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Lead thrower. I was just talking about the store. I don't even read that rag anymore. Every thing in it is out of date. Like you should have been here last week. :p :p

#68274 - 09/05/02 08:16 PM Re: visiting you from england
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
I second Green lake if it's carp you want to target. Welcome to the States. smile

#68275 - 09/06/02 01:25 AM Re: visiting you from england
josh870 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett, WA, usa
dont think you will find any specialized carp tackle here. be sure to bring anything special you like to use. carp arnt fished for very often over here. have a good visit

#68276 - 09/06/02 01:32 AM Re: visiting you from england
justakick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
UK-
If you really would like to go after the big boys as far as carp is concerned, I would suggest the Columbia River. By way of the interstate from Seattle, it is not that long of a drive. If you are going to be here for 3 months working, I'm sure that someone you meet would be willing to go down for a day trip. I have been told by many who fish down there a lot, the carp are huge. Good Luck and welcome to the states! wink

#68277 - 09/06/02 02:18 AM Re: visiting you from england
justakick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
UK-
You got me thinking so I looked up the state record for carp.
CARP/ 41 lbs 4 oz./ Kevin Wolf/ Long Lake, Thurston Co. 6 / 21 / 80
Long Lake is just outside of Olympia.

#68278 - 09/06/02 12:03 PM Re: visiting you from england
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
As already mentioned - why bother with the carp when you'll be fishing in Washington during our best trout and salmon season? Fall fishing in WA is awesome.

But, if you are stuck on carp, green lake does have good numbers, and good sized fish, but you will have plenty of competion from other foreign fisherman (mainly Russian).

I was recently at Potholes reservour (sp?) and saw tons of big carp in the 'wasteways' and in the main lake. I think they may still allow bow fishing for carp in this area. Now that would be fun smile

As for weather, just think 'layers'. Fall can be very unpredictable. But I would expect some rain, some sun, and cool\crisp nights. The nice thing about WA is the diffenent climates you can experience within a few hours drive. You get the mild, but more often foggy or rainy coastal environment, then there's the alpine areas of the OP and Cascades, and on the east side of the mountains we get the extreme hot and cold weather.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

#68279 - 09/07/02 12:38 PM Re: visiting you from england
uk Offline
Eyed Egg

Lads,thanks for all your replies.I will be working at Boeing so hopefully there will be some fishermen amongst them there.I would love to meet up with one of you guys who could show me some of your local species.Do any of them fight so hard as Carp?The state record sounds interesting.My biggest caught over here is just over 30lbs and my biggest ever is 36lbs 4oz.Here's to a new state record falling to my rods over the next 3mths!WISH!I'll return to this site when i get there.cheers again,Dave.

#68280 - 09/07/02 04:59 PM Re: visiting you from england
BASSER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa,
Did you say working at boeing.

Thats two words you don't here together often.
Boeing and working.

10% of the people do 90% of the work.

Yeah yeah I know quit my b*tching.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, Carcassman), 338 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645369 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |