LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68613 - 10/02/02 02:52 AM They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
This evening, I was on break at work viewing my email. I got an email from another board member that said he saw my boat sitting on the side of the on ramp to southbound 167 at the Algona/Pacific exit. I immediately left work and raced down 167 and sure enough there it was right were he said it would be. My boat was stolen from AUBURN SPORT & MARINE and I did not know it was missing. The motor was gone and everything was taken out of the boat. They took the tail lights and winch assembly off of my new trailer also.

Tomorrow, AUBURN SPORT & MARINE is going to have some answering to do. I dropped my boat off there Saturday morning so they could inspect the motor for damage from the first theft attempt Saturday early morning.

Funny thing, the Trooper, and later, the tow truck operator that was at the scene were telling me an unknown caller tried to get his tow company to tow my boat to an Albertson's near by so he (unknown caller) could recover it. The tow company did not tow my boat and smartly reported the call to the WSP. My boat had not been reported stolen so the tow company would not touch it. Apparently, my boat has been sitting on the on ramp for three days and no one did anything about it till now.

I was beginning to wonder why AS&M had not called me with a repair estimate yet. Hmmmmmm.......

#68614 - 10/02/02 07:28 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Carl,
Bad mojo is following you. eek But in a way this may work out to the best - ASM definately has some explaining to do, especially since it was missing for THREE DAYS and they didn't report it or contact you? Now that is bizarre. I think you're luck is going to turn. That's three now(truck stollen, boat/motor vandalized, boat stollen).
Good luck with ASM.

#68615 - 10/02/02 10:10 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
MrIceman Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Kent, WA
Carl,
Very sorry to hear about your misfortunes lately regarding your truck, boat & motor etc.
I don't reply on here very often but I view the forum here quite often and I always look forward to reading what you have too say.

I get soooooo ticked off hearing stories such as yours where these punks (let's assume their punks) vandalize or steal for the sake of their joy. You must be beside yourself to have gone thru what you have in just a short time. Makes the time a couple years ago when my favorite rod/reel got swiped down at Mineral Lake pale in comparison and I was ticked for days about that. It's a shame one can't go fishing and relax w/o constantly looking over the shoulder to see if anyone is eyeing your tackle. I guess the only piece of mind we can have is to get insurance on what we can and carry on.

Now about this Auburn Sports & Marine. Since I live in Kent I have frequented them a bit and I have my own beefs with them as well. Not once but twice they have had me come down after I have called them on the phone to check inventory/availability on an item only to find that once they never have carried that item and the other time they were out of stock. Did I not just say that I called them to check on availability?

Let us know how they handle your situation on your boat that they forgot to mention to you wasn't there anymore. If they dick you around that kinda news will spread like wildfire. I've pretty much stopped going there and find spending the extra 15 minutes to drive to Sportco in Fife worth it.

Best of luck to you and I know I speak for everyone else on this board in saying "Let us know what we can do to help?"

Tight lines to you forever

#68616 - 10/02/02 10:49 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Thank you!

If I do not get some solid answers I will be spending my free time at AS&M with a big sign that will have something bad to say about their store. mad

#68617 - 10/02/02 10:53 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
I'm interested in hearing Part III of this where Carl posts Auburn Marine's response to this.

#68618 - 10/02/02 01:11 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
DeKuma Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
I was going to go over to AS&M today for some supplies, but I will pass now. I am afraid I may ask a few questions about their negligence and there policies. Probably not the best move until Carl kicks their arses for a while.

I do know that if they do not make things right by him, I will personally take up with Carl in picketing them and spreading the word.

Just let me know Carl, and I will be with you 100%!!

Scott

#68619 - 10/02/02 01:31 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks Scott! I want to make sure we don't jump the gun though. I want to give them every oppurtunity to make things right.

#68620 - 10/02/02 03:04 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
TRAUT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: HIDING
BAD scene, Carl. Wait and see what AS&M's response is before getting any more excited, but definitely hold there feet to the fire on this.

In the meantime, if you can scrounge up a motor, you can use my 10 ft. Livingston. A 10 footer might sound small, but it is very stable. I have a 3 HP electric motor, but no battery - the oars work good though.

Keep us all posted, and let me know if the Livingston will do you any good.

#68621 - 10/02/02 03:46 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Traut, THANK YOU! for your offer. Once again you have been more than generous. I want to see if I can get this whole ordeal wrapped up by this weekend first. cool

#68622 - 10/02/02 06:32 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Carl,I just have to ask you one long question. Who hates you so much that they would track down where you took your boat to be repaired after they couldn't get your motor off in the first place. Wouldn't be the same that got your truck ??????????

#68623 - 10/02/02 08:40 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

No, I don't think so. The people who took my truck were crack heads. Judging from where they found my truck (Portland Ave. in Tacoma).

The people who took my motor are probably just fisherman just like you and I. They just were bound and determined to get it.

#68624 - 10/02/02 09:09 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I stopped by AS&M today on my way home. I walked into the store
and played dumb. I ask the service counter about my boat I had
dropped off Saturday morning. I explained to the counter person I
wanted to know how the damage estimate was going since they had
not called me. They looked around for a work order and finally said
they were going to get the manager. The manager (President David
Knudtzon) came out with the work order and said, "you have a 14'
Northwood?" I replied, "yes". The manager said, after a brief pause,
"we don't have your boat." I said, "really". Then I said, "I know you
don't have my boat because I recovered it last night off of Hwy 167."
The manager said, "was it striped?". I said, "oh ya, completely".

I told them the whole story about the weekend. They were in aw!
What our conversation boiled down to was he was willing to make
some kind of settlement with me providing I show him my receipts for
the boat/motor/trailer. I explained to him my insurance allotment
would not nearly cover the full amount of loss/repair and I did expect
some compensation from him/AS&M.

We shall see what happens next.

#68625 - 11/05/02 11:47 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Steve Ericsson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Wa
Kinda' curious Carl, someone called the tow company to take it to Albertsons? Why didn't they tow it themselves, unless they are not the ones who took it in the first place, but saw it sitting there and wanted seconds maybe? Really strange! Thank GOD you have insurance! It sucks they don't cover everything, but hopefully these guys will make it up to you. You could use a new Duckworth, right?

#68626 - 11/05/02 02:18 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Ya, kind of weird stuff.

I should be getting a final answer this week as to the total $ amount I should be getting from AS&Ms' insurance. Once I get that $ amount I will be getting a new motor. It has been a month now and I am ready to get back on the water.

Thanks to all of you that have taken or offered me fishing trips in your own boats. I really appreciate it! cool

#68627 - 11/05/02 06:38 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Carl, you wanna head out to Hood Canal this Sunday? Let me know.

#68628 - 11/05/02 08:51 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Busy, thanks for the invite! Can you believe it, I am already booked up for this weekend. Crappy weather and all. umbrella laugh

#68629 - 11/06/02 01:58 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
bigb8bigfish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
I DON'T BELEIVE THIS!!!! Dang Carl, sounds like someone is trying to make you a bankie. beathead Hopefully you'll come out of this ahead especially with all the inconvenience its caused. All the lucks to you and probably see you out on the Green.

Robert

------------------

"DO THE WILD THANG"

#68630 - 11/11/02 09:32 PM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
kingfisherman Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Renton Wa
Boy goes to show how much I get on the page anymore. just was into ASM today to have a bearing pressed if I would not of been there at closing and came home and read this I would of called and told them I would pick my parts up tomarrow and then asked to speak to the Manager. Sorry EL for the money spent but I will give then my fellings on the matter tomarrow when I am in there. I am done till they help you out with your loose. And again sorry for the money spent today. And I will try and keep up on the happens alittle better so as I am not the one paying for the face lift. They should of burnt the place down and then turned it over to the insurance company, would they like it if the face lift happen a year or two from now, probably not.

God luck to ya and your always welcome on my boat and I never have met you. Good people.

#68631 - 11/12/02 12:42 AM Re: They tried to steal my motor PART II!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Kingfisherman, when you go back to AS&M tomorrow tell them THANK YOU for getting Easy Limits taken care of. As of today, Monday, I have a new motor on the back of my boat courtesy of Auburn Sport & Marine.

See ya on the water! beer

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish_Hunter14, George Montain, mochoman, RPetzold, Sparkey, steelheadfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 221 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645440 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |