LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68723 - 10/18/02 01:19 AM What the hell is wrong with these people?
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Got up at 5:30 and hit the Green at around 6. The Carbody hole had 25 vehicles parked at it already so we went under the 18 bridge. No one there but that soon changed.

Lots of fish around, lots of schools. Some late kings still wandering about. Soon after we arrived 6 others showed up. And instantly this guy has a fish, banks and bonks it. Then a minute later he has another one. Then another. I got nothing so i start watching him and soon see that everytime he feels a bump or his line stops he does the classic Bill Dance hookset. From that point on i didn't see him hook one out of the 5 or more legally. Every one of them was snagged. And obviously didn't give a crap. Then a guy upstream hooked a king that took him 20 minutes to get in. At any time he could have just reached down and unhooked it. But he had to show everyone so he sticks his hands up in its gills and flops him up on the bank. And i yelled at him that he can't keep that. So he unhooks it and kicks it back in the river.

Sick of all the snaggin and retarded fishing tactics i left in disgust. But i forgot my eggs on the bank. So i walked back to get them but do you think they were there??? Hell no, some *** had to take them. That made me even happier.

About 20 minutes before we left we noticed a guy walking back to the cars with a 5lb silver in his hand. Soon we saw him walking back from the cars with no fish and thought nothing of it. We get back to the car and there's the fish, gutted just for the eggs and left to rott. Doesn't anyone ever give a crap? Makes no sence. ME ME ME, MINE MINE MINE, they're all selfish is all i can think of.

So on the way home we took the back road from auburn to the auburn golf course. We are just about to the golf course and i decide to stop in at the park just south of the course and as i start my turn into the park entrance i hear a loud screech and it made me jump and turn the wheel to the right. Lucky i did. As i turned, only going maybe 10mph i look to my left and a skidding out of controll celica goes flying by me off the road and into the gravel and almost took out the wood fence at the park. As much as i can tell this IDIOT tried to pass me on a corner in a no passing lane at close to 50mph. He just drove off like nothing happened. We turned around and looked at the skid marks and they started in my lane and crossed the oncoming lane also. So he must have been movin pretty fast to skid that far. It's funny though. The snaggers piss me off more than speed boy. What the hell is wrong with these people???

#68724 - 10/18/02 01:55 AM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
No morals or sportsmanship.
In it for one thing only meat..
They suck!

#68725 - 10/18/02 10:11 AM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Just remember... the worst day fishing still beats the best day at work laugh

#68726 - 10/18/02 11:07 AM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

We should get a bunch of people together from this board and go down to the river and not let the snaggers run the show. It seems that a lot of people quit fishing for the day, or leave a fishing spot because of snaggers. Most of the time I don't say anything when I see a fish snagged because I am out numbered. But if a lot of sportsman were down there and everyone spoke up when a fish was snagged maybe we could make the snaggers leave. Just my thoughts.

#68727 - 10/18/02 11:25 AM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
ya, fff, i seen the same thing on the green last night, people ripping them in left and right , snagged....and keeping them, you will never see these same guys out on a cold december day, pitching for stealhead, cuz its actually a lot harder to actually fish for them..rather than spot, shoot, and snag..i say it would be neat to ge together and head to the river and fish, bring some camera's, makes some vids of them snagging..

#68728 - 10/18/02 12:08 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
got trout Offline
Egg

Loc: Seattle
I am new to fishing for Salmon and was on the Green last night caught one silver about 6lbs. it was my first Salmon. I don't want to use the snagger technique and have you guys talk bad about me so could you fill me in on what this snagger technique is so i stay away from it.
Thanks

#68729 - 10/18/02 12:55 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
S W J Offline
Parr

Loc: Bellingham, WA
If you really want to see some good snagging, go to Whatcom Creek, I watched a whole family reak havok on the kings, they would see a fish come near and start jerking, all this time they were laughing like crazy people. snaggers........ mad

#68730 - 10/18/02 05:18 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn
I have been down to the green the last few days also and snaggers gallor. I am brand spankin new to this salmon thing but it is kind of weird feeling the fish flip it with the tail and not have to urge to set the hook.

I DON"T SNAG!!!! But it can happen, I have heard from many experienced fisherman that still have snagged a fish here and there. I won't ever feel bad snagging a fish as long as I am fishing with technique and knowing that I have fished correctly and honestly.

But on the topic there are some plain as day snaggers down there. Buzzbombs and all.

If you are fishing honestly and snag a fish inadvertently, can you still get the shaft from the Warden for snagging?

#68731 - 10/18/02 05:24 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
If you keep it you will........

#68732 - 10/18/02 10:41 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Snagging happens. Kind of like sh** happens. laugh All you can do is make sure you are not jerking your fishing pole in a horizontal fashion several times after a cast and you won't draw any un-necessary attention from any one. If you do snag a fish make sure you release the fish unharmed, don't bonk it.

#68733 - 10/19/02 02:55 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

GotTrout, if you feel your line taking off or good solid tuggs(Like any Big Fish) not bumps then it's safe to say you most likely have a legaly hooked fish, but not always. Little bumps, snagups, tight line, rock skipping obviously aren't fish, so don't set the hook and you'll be in the clear and you won't loose as much gear. If you Drive that hookpoint into a stump, branch, rock or fish, it's still a snag and does you no good and usually is a hassle of some sort and a waste of time.

Like i said, the people that were snagging were using the Bill Dance hookset. For those of you who don't know what this looks like, it starts with the pole pointed at the fish and then they quickly pull up the pole so far over their head they almost fall backwards or have gear flying at them if they didn't get the snag. LOL. Not such a big deal by itself but when they do it almost every cast just because they feel a little bump or their line stops moving is rediculous.

I can't ever remember hooking a salmon that just ate my hook, yarn and corkie but never moved or made any sign of them being hooked. That rarely happens. These aren't ghost fish yet. And i see no problem in snagging 2 or 3 but after that, it becomes obvious that what you are doing isn't getting the fish to bite it. SO change your setup. Why anyone would use 1/2 to 1 oz of lead and a 6-7ft leader in 2 feet of slow water is beyond me unless they are snaggin.

Why can't they/you/them present the bait or lure with a float? It works fine for me and others with almost no snaggs or lost gear. The answer to that is painted by the actions of the snaggers. So the only answer they can possibly make us think of is that they simply don't care.
This is no i'm/we are better than anyone else, it's simply..........FOLLOW THE DAMMM RULES!!!!!!!

#68734 - 10/23/02 12:04 AM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
Matt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellingham, Washington
People are stupid, they always have been and always will be. You can't change what other people do because in their eyes its the "ethical" thing to do. Just let them be and go about your business, don't dwell on what rules "they" break or what desicions, however poor they may be, "they make". Just worry about yourself and most of all have fun.

There is always and will always be a bad apple in the bunch.

~MATT

#68735 - 10/25/02 02:22 AM Re: What the hell is wrong with these people?
Ncwmallard Offline
Parr

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
If you see people doing this.......call your local WDFW office and let a game warden know about it. They may not be able to come right down there and deal with it on the spot, but they generally are good about dealing with the situation in general. They do need your reports though on where to go (and good descriptions on whose doing these things, to include vehicle license plates) to take some enforcement action.

JK

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Salmo g.), 538 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |