Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#536672 - 09/11/09 02:40 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: JTD]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

Loc: Paradise,AK.
You'll know it's me,because I'll have the open tab for drinks.

(Please disregard my Post count,should you find it unsettling.)

#536890 - 09/12/09 01:24 AM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Dogfish]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Missed your post earlier today Dogfish... sounds like you have the fever also. The Patriot is a less expensive version of the Crow Magnum and given the price is probably the wiser purchase. At 62lbs. cocking effort I am guessing you are helping the boys in their plinking. smile

I have two cannons also and have shot plenty of projectiles but never a gong at three hundred yards. How big is this gong and how many shots do I get?

Way in highjacked territory now. smile
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#537238 - 09/13/09 04:55 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: JTD]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Stick
Oh,I'm going to Crow Hell,most assuredly.

rofl

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#537287 - 09/13/09 10:06 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Dan S.]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Back on Subject, Pellet Guns, BB Guns, whatever, are considered to be "firearms" by the powers that be in Washington State.

So technically, they need to under adult supervision until they're 18.

The plus side is that with air rifles, they're a lot less likely to be caught due to all the racket a .22 would make, as I found out as a lad growing up in Rural Western Washington.
Besides, when they're out wandering around in the woods with the dog and a deputy comes tearing down the logging road, they'll wont get in as much trouble when they throw it in the pond as opposed to Dad's antique Winchester.
wink

Oh and one more thing: Don't fvck with Crows. They'll remember your face and come to harrass you outside your window at 4AM EVERY morning.

#693521 - 07/14/11 05:01 AM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: ROCKFISH]
RobertG Offline
Egg

I am also searching for pellet gun laws. I want to be aware so that I won't have any violation with regards to carrying firearms. I don't wanted to end up in chaos just like what happened to Sen. Lori Klein. She aimed a filled handgun to the upper body of paper reporter Richard Ruelas. The safety was off and the laser sight was on, states the Arizona Republic. Here's a proof: Arizona Sen. Lori Klein points loaded .380 Ruger at reporter.

#693594 - 07/14/11 03:13 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I hope Dave See's this and chimes in with his Crow killing experience rofl

#693606 - 07/14/11 03:48 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Sky-Guy]
MartyMoose Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens, Wa
Everytime I shoot pellets and BB's with my two boys I expect the PoPo to come around the corner at any moment putting us into the felony stop position because some neighbor saw GUN!!!!!

We back up to the flats in Marysville, so we have a pretty safe area to shoot.

Plenty drawings of Justin Bieber have been peppered by my 12 y/o daughter.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

#693719 - 07/15/11 12:04 AM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: MartyMoose]
Dub Offline
Returning Adult

http://www.youtube.com/user/EdgunUSA#p/u/0/oBg_NroPXSo

May have been posted in "The Dark Side"

#693840 - 07/15/11 04:14 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: ]
MartyMoose Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lake Stevens, Wa
That was a cool video...my uncle used to let me take down his nuisance bird population often.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

#693844 - 07/15/11 04:25 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Dub]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
The only good starling....

Have made quite a few good ones in years past with my FWB 124.

Attachments
FWB124.JPG

#693860 - 07/15/11 06:00 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Driftin']
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Many folks forget to add the scope block. Nice to see you have one there, Driftin'.

I put a $2 bounty on starlings with the boys this year. I set up the pop-up blind 15 yards away from the dog kennel where the starlings steal his food. I need to scale back the bounty a bit.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#693866 - 07/15/11 06:32 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Since this resurected thread is getting steady attention, maybe I can get some assistance. I've been toying with the notion of buying a pellet gun, but was over whelmed by the price ranges. My assumption is that accuracy probably correlates closely with price. If that's true, how much would it cost to buy a pellet gun that can hit a 4"x4" target at 50 yd?

I noticed that almost all the pellet rifles come with a scope, yet the price of the combo seems very low for even a half decent scope alone. So are the scopes just cheap POS?

And maybe I shouldn't get one, cuz other than an occasional nuisance bird, I'd probably use it to shoot the pet deer in the butt trying to train them to not eat the flowers. But that would probably just train them to come eat them at night when I'm sleeping.

Any suggestions?

Sg

#693889 - 07/15/11 09:20 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Salmo g.]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

A good spring/piston rifle isn't something you want to use to shoo nuisance deer, as they have 'nough oomph to do some damage. I've swatted starlings out to 90 yards with mine and taken home roosting bandtail pigeons and squirrels with ease at 30.

Like most things in life, extra $$ will get you something that pushes a quality pellet through a match grade bore at a utilitarian velocity with a negligible standard deviation which equates to accuracy worthy of some good glass to launch same with precision. Scopes need to be specific to air rifles as the vibration of a s/p can damage less hearty varieties and parallax needs accounting.

With care, a quality rifle will also provide enjoyment for several generations hence. Once purchased, they are both inexpensive and a joy to shoot at either paper or vermin. The Germans make some serious break-barrel spring/piston offerings. Mine is a Feinwerkbau 124 in .177 that is well over 30 years old and still splatters flies wandering across a target at 20 yards. The newer pre-charged bottle guns are intriguing but have their quirks. Check out Beeman and other airgun sites. The only difference betwixt men and boys....

For your deer, a paintball marker might do the trick, and put a grin on your face. An old Tippmann 98 is easily cleaned-up and powered with compressed air or CO2. Deer getting repeatedly tie-died would provide entertainment for your flowers....

#693966 - 07/16/11 01:12 AM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Dan,
Can I borrow your flamethrower to make this interesting?

Glad a mod pulled the plug on that loser. PP spammers....

Edited by Driftin' (07/16/11 02:34 PM)

#693997 - 07/16/11 10:33 AM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Driftin']
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
SG,

Get an inexpensive Crosman pump for your all around uses. 1 pump scares away dogs & deer with no harm, except for a sting. 10 pumps takes out crows, etc. A Red Ryder works great if all you want to do is scare deer.

If you choose to actually do some damage, such as long term predator control, a good rifle like Driftin' suggests is a must. Try looking at Pyramid Air http://www.pyramydair.com/ . They have both toys and tools. Spring piston air rifles require specialized air rifle scopes because of the recoil impulse. They will break cheap scopes all day long.

The benefit of having an adult sized air rifle is that you can practice every day, at very low cost, not disturb your neighbors, and the rifle has a similar weight and feel when compared to your hunting rifles.

These adult air rifles have power. I've killed possums, coons, hundreds of crows and starlings, many hundreds of barn pigeons. They are also accurate, as I have tumbled pigeons off of barns with head shots from over 50 yards away.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#694056 - 07/16/11 05:45 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Dogfish]
Dub Offline
Returning Adult

Did someone say flamethrower?

http://www.youtube.com/user/FPSRussia#p/u/0/D9DkciMTsLI

Edit: Well I can't figure out how to get the video window in the post. Sorry.

Edited by dub870 (07/16/11 05:57 PM)

#694098 - 07/16/11 10:12 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Dub]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I still have my RWS model 48 that I bought when I was very young. My favorite was our Cherry tree... I used to get up and be in my blind before daylight throughout the late summer and whack and stack the starlings plus the occassional crow. It had plenty of knock down power..

Keith

#694109 - 07/16/11 10:37 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: ]
Schweet
Unregistered

Rules exist for reasons!

#694593 - 07/19/11 04:09 PM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: Dub]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

That was a great video. The camera and scope combination with slow motion made it worthwhile. The guy is knowledgeable about birds and air guns too; starlings are sometimes polygamous? Really?

I am intrigued by the Edgun Matador and Mac USFT- both are roughly twice as expensive as my Airforce for almost identical performance but I wonder if it is a case of getting what you pay for? The Mac receiver looked to be all machined aluminum and all working parts exposed and the Edgun works on half of the tank pressure required by my gun for consistent shot string velocity. That would give me twice the number of fills from my scuba tank. Hmm.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#694702 - 07/20/11 01:35 AM Re: pellet gun laws [Re: JTD]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

The Daystate and FX PCP sporters do intrigue....

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

http://www.pomona-airguns.com/index.html

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1078 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645298 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |