LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70102 - 04/11/03 10:56 PM You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Head on over to Angle Lake. I fished from 4:30 to 7:00 pm and caught and released two dozen stocker trout. The first five fish were in the first 30 minutes.

I trolled a F5 frog colored Kwikfish right on the surface.

I did not see any of those 500 triploids they (WDFW) supposedly planted earlier in the week. frown

#70103 - 04/12/03 04:02 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Hit Angle again today. A little slower fishing than yesterday. We still got our fair share though. Still have not seen any of those 500 triploids yet. confused

#70104 - 04/12/03 06:56 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Yo Carl how do you fish those? I always get my line all tangled and it always drives me crazy, but when they work they really do seem to work!

Curtis

#70105 - 04/12/03 08:25 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Arklier Offline
Returning Adult

Same as using a spinner like a Rooster Tail:

Use about 24" of leader to the lure, topped with a good swivel. And I don't mean cheap ones. Spring for ball bearing swivels if you can. They cause a lot less twist.

#70106 - 04/12/03 10:34 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I run my main line directly to a small snap swivel then to the Flatfish.

#70107 - 04/13/03 03:28 AM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
Flatfish can cause line twist if they are trolled too fast.

#70108 - 04/13/03 12:55 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
How can they cause line twist if all they do if trolled right is just go from side to side. When I used to fish on the dark side,I would just put the flat fish directly to the swivel and add a small split shot about 18" above that and troll around and just kill the fish. Never did get any line twist. slap

#70109 - 04/13/03 02:14 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
old man

You said
"When I used to fish on the dark side"

That is funny wink when I am fly fishing (twice a year) I refer to it as the dark side :p

#70110 - 04/13/03 03:15 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Welcome to the dark side young Jedi.

#70111 - 04/16/03 02:32 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Stopped by Fenwick yesterday and it was loaded with stockers. Grabbed the fly rod and frew it at them for a while for some quick fun.

Made a big mistake today though. Went out in my 16ft. Motor restriction on the lake but i was using my electric. Still had my big motor on the boat and shure as sheet the game warden shows up and eyeballed us for an hour or so. She sat at the launch for what seemed like forever. I deserved the ticket, but luckily she only called the mounties on me but we left before they showed. I broke a new record for trailering the boat though eek

I hate that no motors on the boat rule. I agree and follow all the other rules but... now I can no longer fish the lakes i fished as a kid. And that sucks cuz that is what i mainly bought the boat for. I dont' see the problem with just bagging the motor. Looks like i'll have to pollish up my other boat before the opener.

Any of you got sited or given the "talk" to about a motor on your boat in gas motor resticted lakes?

I asked a state patrolman last year at the Steel lake opener about the boats on the lake already that had gas motors and he said they can't be touching the water. So i pointed out the ones that had the motors all the way in the water and he said yes, he know, and is waiting on another officer and a tow truck. HEHEHE. So, we launched right in front of him and he said nothing about our motor.

#70112 - 04/16/03 02:57 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
I watched a game warden kick a guy off Lenore who had a gas motor on his boat. It was in the air.

I felt the game warden was correct in giving the guy the boot. No ticket.. but he got a warning.

Also, everybody knows fly fishing is the only proper way to fish!

#70113 - 04/16/03 04:27 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Last year, about this time, we had a similar discussion. I think I even started the discussion. That rule is so lame.

My point being:

1. Lake Lenore has a Grant Co. Parks sign right at the launch telling you how to operate a PWC safely. That to me implies I can get out there on my PWC and "tear up" some water (if I so choose). But, if you are fishing, you have to abide by a different set of rules. Lake Lenore is a huge lake. Why are gas motors not allowed? I certainly would not want to get caught on Lenore in a row boat when the wind kicks up.

2. Several King Co. lakes, let's use Steel Lake for example, have signs at the launches stating No Gas Motors Allowed. If you look up the lake (Steel) in the fishing REGS there is no mention of Selective Gear Rules or No Internal Combustion Motors Allowed.

My problem is that state rules and county/city rules do not match. It is like reading out of two different books.

I have gotten so fed up I just stick to lakes where I know I can run my gas motor.
mad

#70114 - 04/16/03 04:42 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Silver Lake up in Whatcom Co has a county restriction on horsepower.

Pelican told me it was ok to run a larger boat up there as long as any motor exceeding 10 hp was in the air and have the boat run on a kicker motor.

Guess not all lakes have a common interpretation of the hp or motor rule. Might be based on whether the WDFW or the county administers the regulations.

#70115 - 04/16/03 04:57 PM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Angle Lake allows gas motors but has a 8 MPH speed limit. That particular rule I can understand and agree with. thumbs

#70116 - 04/17/03 04:24 AM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
Well the campground up here at Silver Lake is booked solid for the opening weekend. I've been watching the lake and the trout are jumping all over the place. There's so many in there I think all you have to do is back up to the lake and drop your tail gate and they'll go home with you. Zen looking forward to teaching you a thing or two about this lake. I'm leaving my other job to work exclusively at the lake . This should allow me to be on the lake 3-4 times a week again. Sure missed that last season, only got to get out 1-2 times a week. I'm definitely looking forward to this season. For those of you that have never been up here, stop in. I'd be glad to assist you in making your fishing experience more enjoyable. Mike I'm looking forward to our outting. smile

#70117 - 04/21/03 08:00 AM Re: You wanna catch some stocker trout.....
scrawny Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
well I had the same problem last year on a lake and before I went I called the wdfw and asked them about bagging the motors and they said it was fine as long as I kept them out of the water

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1417 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |