Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#713204 - 10/26/11 10:08 PM poacher!
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
OK so get home from work about 5 today and see a bunch of deer eating apples in the back forty. One of them was a nice buck the other two (that I saw) were does.

I watched them for a bit and figured it was time for a cocktail and baseball . (didn't know about the rainout). got a cup of ice and headed out to my mancave for cigar and bloodymary. Just into the first swig BAM! A shotgun blast very near. I hustle out of the shop and BAM another. I was pissed. I hollered out "WTF we poaching again." BAM one more time and I direct my senses to the direction of the action. "This is a no shooting zone and you are poaching."

I armed myself with my cell phone and headed out. I heard a voice when I got close to where I suspected the source of the last shot was. Jumped a doe that had most likely been hovering over the body, crossed a fence and came across a nice 4pt (or so), dead untouched my human hands. Then I hear "Chuck , is that you?" ....yeap "phew I just wanted to make sure," he said with shotgun in hand.

(I got to the deer before the great hunter did)

I WAS PISSED!!! "WTF are doing poaching or neighborhood deer? we watch em grow, feed them apples and let the grandchildren enjoy them. You have no more self control than a little kid." etc.

He came back with"I didn't poach it cause it is open season."

"OK how about unlawful discharge of firearms?" was my quick retort as I told him I was callin 911 and took a couple of pics with him and his kill. Actually, I didn't call 911 until he went his way and I got out of his sight.

Sheriff lady dept shows up along with another sheriff. They sort it out and say that he violated no game laws as it was hunting season and one of his family members has a disabled permit therefore her son or husband can hunt for them. They give him the deer and a ticket for illegal discharge of a firearm! "A game agent is on his way out" , by now it is 6:15, getting dark, the buck is down with no tag and I got an armed neighbor that is probably pretty pissed at me.

This SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

Edited by chasbo (10/28/11 02:26 PM)

#713209 - 10/26/11 10:23 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: chasbo
OK so get home from work about 5 today and see a bunch of deer eating apples in the back forty. One of them was a nice buck the other two (that I saw) were does.

I watched them for a bit and figured it was time for a cocktail and baseball . (didn't know about the rainout). got a cup of ice and headed out to my mancave for cigar and bloodymary. Just into the first swig BAM! A shotgun blast very near. I hustle out of the shop and BAM another. I was pissed. I hollered out "WTF we poaching again." BAM one more time and I direct my senses to the direction of the action. "This is a no shooting zone and you are poaching."

I armed myself with my cell phone and headed out. I heard a voice when I got close to where I suspected the source of the last shot was. Jumped a doe that had most likely been hovering over the body, crossed a fence and came across a nice 4pt (or so), dead untouched my human hands. Then I hear "Chuck , is that you?" ....yeap "phew I just wanted to make sure," he said with shotgun in hand.

(I got to the deer before the great hunter did)

I WAS PISSED!!! "WTF are doing poaching or neighborhood deer? we watch em grow, feed them apples and let the grandchildren enjoy them. You have no more self control than a little kid." etc.

He came back with"I didn't poach it cause it is open season."

"OK how about unlawful discharge of firearms?" was my quick retort as I told him I was callin 911 and took a couple of pics with him and his kill. Actually, I didn't call 911 until he wen his way and I got out of his sight.

Sheriff lady dept shows up along with another sheriff. They sort it out and say that he violated no game laws as it was hunting season and one of his family members has a disabled permit therefore her son or husband can hunt for them. They give him the deer and a ticket for illegal discharge of a firearm! "A game agent is on his way out" , by now it is 6:15, getting dark, the buck is down with no tag and I got an armed neighbor that is probably pretty pissed at me.

This SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

Quoted so you couldn't chickenshit your way around your own words.

You "do good" phvcking city folks without a clue.

Feeding wildlife is against the law you chitwipe and harassing a lawful hunter is also against the law.

INOW....GO PHVCK YOURSELF CHAZ BONO.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#713214 - 10/26/11 10:34 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Just got an update from the lady whose property they used to access the meat.

The guys mother has a disabled permit and as long as she is in the area he can shoot for her. So according to the warden this makes it a legal kill. Yeah, she is in the area she lives about three miles away and came a running when she was notified of the kill.

#713215 - 10/26/11 10:34 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

I armed myself with my cell phone and headed out.

Tough guy.

"OK how about unlawful discharge of firearms?" was my quick retort as I told him I was callin 911 and took a couple of pics with him and his kill. Actually, I didn't call 911 until he wen his way and I got out of his sight.

Tough guy....or chickenshit coward.

#713219 - 10/26/11 10:39 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Yo Roe sorry you missed the point here.

The deer feed in my orchard.
I moved out of the city limits 40 years ago.
Where I live is a NO shooting zone.
The "hunter" did not tag the animal.
The "hunter" was not wearing hunter orange.
The hunter has shot neighbors cows with .22 cal just for the fun of it

SO back off

#713220 - 10/26/11 10:55 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
redhook
Unregistered

crows can be taken yearly during the act of Depridation, i highly doubt you could get a warden out calling about crows, second, if its a no shooting zone, its NO SHOOTING, period, no handicap laws override NO zones... obviously it was legal, season open, wardens said it was, cops said it was... not a big deal really, i understand your family may look at them as pets, but the problem is, is they arent... if it was on your property, one thing, if not, you cant do anything about it obviously...

#713222 - 10/26/11 10:57 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

You miss the point.....not surprising considering the menopausal way in which you articulate you emotions.

If the hunter wasn't ticketed by the sheriff or game warden in the face of false accusations from a whiny/lying bitch like you, then you oughta' consider yourself lucky old man. You should continue to try and weasel your way out..it can only help your pathetic excuse....or not.

"I WAS PISSED!!! "WTF are doing poaching or neighborhood deer? we watch em grow, feed them apples and let the grandchildren enjoy them."

Feeding them apples is different from having some apple trees dipchit....see the emotional difference? wink

#713224 - 10/26/11 10:59 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
SnowDog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell
"They give him the deer and a ticket for illegal discharge of a firearm!"

I don't understand why people are defending a hunter shooting ANYTHING in a no shooting zone. This kind of BS gives the anti hunting crowd a much stronger argument to close more land and makes all us LEGAL hunters look bad. No shooting means no shooting, period!

Edited by SnowDog (10/26/11 11:01 PM)

#713225 - 10/26/11 11:02 PM Re: poacher! [Re: SnowDog]
redhook
Unregistered

if it was a no shooting zone, he would have been cited, if its outside city limits, generally without posting, you can shoot anywere you want to, be it, safely... this guy was legal, 100%, and someone doesnt like him hunting deer near his property, plain and simple... he didnt do anything wrong, legal kill, legal shooting, legal tagging...

#713227 - 10/26/11 11:10 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: redhook
he didnt do anything wrong, legal kill, legal shooting, legal tagging...

I mis-read that last bit as "legal teabagging"

rofl

Seems like a crappy deal on both sides of the fence. Probably could have been avoided with a little pre-planned communications with the neighbors and call in to the local Sheriff Dept to make sure a shooting was OK, etc.

Not like the deer were gonna go anywhere....seeing how they were being fed, etc.

#713229 - 10/26/11 11:12 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
SnowDog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell
Originally Posted By: redhook
if it was a no shooting zone, he would have been cited, if its outside city limits, generally without posting, you can shoot anywere you want to, be it, safely... this guy was legal, 100%, and someone doesnt like him hunting deer near his property, plain and simple... he didnt do anything wrong, legal kill, legal shooting, legal tagging...

The original post states that he was given a ticket for unlawful discharge of a firearm. How is that OK?

I don't agree with all the no shooting zones, but that does not give me or anyone else the right to shoot in those zones.

#713233 - 10/26/11 11:19 PM Re: poacher! [Re: SnowDog]
redhook
Unregistered

if he was given a ticket for no shooting, then how the hell can you hunt legally? and not get cited?

alot of upperclass homeowners have started their own "no shooting zones" around here, usually they never even make it to court, because its legal...

1, federal law always trumps state law, or city law..

2, state patrol and WDFW are FEDERAL agents..

3, if its legal to hunt with a rifle, in that area, no city "no shooting zone" would apply, because a federal agengy has opened a season on said animal with said weapon..

this guy was legit, and another person got pissed off that someone shot a deer he saw grow up or something... nothing new, but nothing to get pissed off about either if you are a sportsman, and especially a hunter... if it was illegal, he would have gotten far more than a ticket... you just cant "illegally discharge a firearm" which should have "within city limits" attached to it, and not go to JAIL... and they sure as [censored] wouldnt give you the deer back...

#713238 - 10/26/11 11:30 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

what a bunch of dumb phucks. Our properties are in a NO SHOOTING Zone.

archery fine, no problem, But no Shooting, He is being charged with a felony.

Edited by chasbo (10/26/11 11:31 PM)

#713239 - 10/26/11 11:34 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
redhook
Unregistered

and he will win because he was in a LEGAL hunting zone with a LEGAL tool to kill it... Fed overrides State, always has, always will... if he was illegal, they would have taken his deer, his gun, and his ass to jail... this will cause him some heartache and time, but he will win it, isnt the first of these cases to come up in this state...

#713240 - 10/26/11 11:43 PM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

The tool was illegal. one more time it is a NO SHOOTING ZONE:

"It is unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm at any time in Thurston County, State of Washington, in the following described area of the county: "

but what the hell the sheriff that lives across the road shoots, so why can't everybody? He is in a shotgun only zone but he doesn't abide by that one.

#713242 - 10/26/11 11:48 PM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
redhook
Unregistered

wtf? no shooting, but shotgun only? sounds like dude fired from a shotgun too, who shoots a deer at close range 3 times (ever) but with a bolt action rifle?

the ticket was just to shut you up, he will beat it, watch...

#713245 - 10/27/11 12:03 AM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

across the road on which I live, is not zoned no shooting.However, in Game UNit 666 ANY shooting north of I-5 is restricted to no centerfire rifles, shotgun only. The dept Sheriff lives across the road but does a lot of target shooting with his weapons of choice.

It is an unique situation where we are at. I was very disappointed when the land was rezoned just a couple of years after I moved here. Used to be able to shoot ducks in my back yard. I guess I still can if I use a crossbow?

An btw red I said he shoots cows and I meant cows not crows.

Edited by chasbo (10/27/11 12:05 AM)

#713248 - 10/27/11 12:13 AM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Bummer for all.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#713249 - 10/27/11 12:20 AM Re: poacher! [Re: chasbo]
redhook
Unregistered

its north of 101 and I5 wich sounds to me like the intersection that it creates when they meet, do you live south of the 101 I-5 intersection?

PS, you cant go north of I-5, it runs north and south wink

#713251 - 10/27/11 12:21 AM Re: poacher! [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

its also between Oyster Bay and the mouth of the Nasty, you live in there?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
birdhunter111, metalman, solducsinker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (stonefish, Krijack, Carcassman, Excitable Bob), 1005 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |