THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#713918 - 10/29/11 07:59 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... ***** [Re: mikey b]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Been married 35 years.
The first year she said you can't go fishing, we got in a fight and I dispersed to the OP for a week, no one could find me. When I got home she was pissed so I re-packed and said I will be back in a few days.
She started the whole "you don't love me" thing, hell we were young.
That is when I told her that I got married to Fvck not fight and if all she wants to do is fight then I am going fishing.
34 years later she asks where I am fishing and do I need anything before I go! We never fight at all so that only leaves one thing to do, even after 35 years!

#713919 - 10/29/11 08:01 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: mikey b]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Been married 35 years.
The first year she said you can't go fishing, we got in a fight and I dispersed to the OP for a week, no one could find me. When I got home she was pissed so I re-packed and said I will be back in a few days.
That is when I told her that I got married to Fvck not fight and if all she wants to do is fight then I am going fishing.
34 years later she asks where I am fishing and do I need anything before I go! We never fight at all so that only leaves one thing to do, even after 35 years!
And the best thing---She helped me buy the lodge in Alaska and helps with marketing and I go up 4 times a summer...without her.
Can't beat that after 35 years.

#713937 - 10/29/11 10:59 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Twitch]
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
Originally Posted By: Twitch
I just take her with me wink

Dude. atleast get her a real rod (before someone else does moose)

Going on 27 years and 2 kids in college and we have an agreement, I do what I want, she does what she wants and if there is something that one of us thinks is important we do it together, no questions asked. We have both learned to make sure the important things are really important to us and will be important to the other person.

#713941 - 10/29/11 11:15 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: GBL]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
1st scenario, balls in a vise. Oh honey, I love you so much, here's a $10,000 ring to prove it, now what kind of wine do I get for the bunco party? I'm losing weight but this gluten free thing might be ok, as long as you still like it, lover. Even though it quit raining yesterday and the river's green, that fishing thing can wait I really don't want to miss Sex and the City.

2nd scenario, mutual respect. Honey, I'm going fishing tomorrow. And there's good tides so next three days I'll be home after dark, have fun at bunco. Wife, have fun, call if you're going to be real late. remember, we have plans for Thanksgiving.

#713949 - 10/29/11 11:48 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
Drifterman1 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Gods country
Listen to your Aunty, best advice yet. Just bounce and have a fishing weekend to yourself. Believe me you will pay to use that little cabin in bc one way or another. Sounds like she is to into herself/drama.

#713953 - 10/29/11 11:58 AM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Drifterman1]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
A person can spend WAY too much of their life "working on it".....example.......how many couples do you know who have had a temporary separation to "work on it" and then reconciled? I know of only a couple of instances......and their relationships today are only "so-so".

Young folks deserve a chance to find out for themselves.....(no sh!t, Sherlock.....like they would listen, anyway smile ) Feel free to piss away as much of your life as you wish.......after all, it's your life.

Good Luck.....seriously

#713962 - 10/29/11 12:36 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Achewter]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Achewter
There is a huge list of people on this board that are not qualified to give you any good advise with this and I am one of them.

Ok, that made me laugh.

Some of the fishing trips do resemble a group therapy meeting....

laugh

#713988 - 10/29/11 01:48 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: The Moderator]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
If she can't feel ok without constant attention from you your world will continue to shrink.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#713989 - 10/29/11 01:49 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: The Moderator]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Df
Whenever you return from a fishing trip, thank them for "letting" you go (mind fuk 'em),

rofl

You kill me, Andy.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#714005 - 10/29/11 03:46 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Well I dont really have the problem when it comes to fishing. My wife likes to fish/camp as much as I do and is usually jealous that I get to fish more than her (she works every other weekend). So when I plan fishing trips with the boys I try to do so on the weekends she works. If she is off and I plan on fishing it is just a given she is going unless she says she is not. Hell the new Intruder we got in June was her idea.
We argue sometimes about differences in our schedules or difference in our plans/priorities. Sometimes I give in (if I feel it is important and I was just being an ass) but sometimes we argue over stupid [censored]. I tell her life is to short to argue over stupid [censored] and that I didnt marry her because I was unhappy being single and then I go do what I had planned. When I return she may still be alittle upset but usually had enough time to realize that the situation was stupid and then we move on.

#714019 - 10/29/11 05:31 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: gvbest]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
I just put on the kevlar vest and run for the door...

Or...I just "let" Sue out fish me every weekend or at least catch more fish than me...and she paid for 1/2 the Db...

#714042 - 10/29/11 08:22 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: RognSue]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

I'd never hook up with a woman that restricted my freedom.
It just makes my skin crawl to hear of wives that won't "let" their husbands hunt, fish or hang mounts on the walls.

Sure some family functions are necessary to keep the peace, but the control put forth by some of these high maintenance bitches is way more than I can handle.

My wife grew up in a hunting & fishing family and understands my illness.

Run for your life.

#714044 - 10/29/11 08:26 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: RognSue]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Originally Posted By: RognSue
I just put on the kevlar vest and run for the door...

Or...I just "let" Sue out fish me every weekend or at least catch more fish than me...and she paid for 1/2 the Db...

You better run......I see where she's aiming........and it ain't to kill..... eek2

#714047 - 10/29/11 08:34 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Salmonella]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Its like going to the horse track. Some guys go and pick winners, others go and constantly pick the old nag who costs them money. The key to success is research and knowledge. smile

And every once in a while you just get lucky.

Chuck texted me last Friday about hitting the Cowlitz on Sunday and of course I said yes. Later that evening I told the wife that Chuck had asked me to go fishing and she said "You should go". I said " Already said yes". End of discussion. If it isn't that easy, then you picked wrong.

#714062 - 10/29/11 09:38 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: DBAppraiser]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Word to DBA.

You seem more intelligent than the average Cooger.

smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#714068 - 10/29/11 10:03 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: GBL]
SeaDNA Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: GBL
Been married 35 years.
And the best thing---She helped me buy the lodge in Alaska and helps with marketing and I go up 4 times a summer...without her.
Can't beat that after 35 years.

I read this to my wife. She wants to know what your wife is doing those 4 times of the year during the summer when you are gone wink.

#714072 - 10/29/11 10:56 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Dan S.]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Word to DBA.

You seem more intelligent than the average Cooger.

smile

I'm not an alum. smile

#714132 - 10/30/11 01:12 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: ]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
I've been married for 39 years. I told my wife on our second date that I fished, hunted, sailed and spent time hanging out with some old friends partying. That she would always be invited but regardless, I'm going to do what I'm going to do. She doesn't like to camp, fish in cold weather, gets seasick and has always given me maximum slackage to do what I want because she accepted that as a condition of our relationship.
So, it comes down to whether you want to just cut bait on your relationship or give it one more shot by you both talking to a 3rd party. Whattever you do, do it before kids are part of the picture 'cause it ain't gonna get better until you hit it head on. Every couple has adjustment problems. Staying married to the same person is not easy for a lot of reasons. A basic question to answer - are you better with her or without her? Good luck.

Edited by Chuck E (10/30/11 01:18 PM)

#714193 - 10/30/11 06:15 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: Chuck E]
SkykomishSunrise Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I have only been married 3 1/2 years, but I will add the following:

1. If you are going to go fishing, just tell her that you are going fishing. Whatever you do, DO NOT ASK HER IF YOU CAN GO FISHING!

2. If she objects to you going fishing (remember, you didn't ask, you just told her that you are going) without an honest to God important reason, then just go. No one likes a push over.

2. Do not talk about fishing or your fishing trips when you are spending time with her. That is your time together, and she will want you to be focused having fun with her, not on fishing. An exception to this would be if she, for example, inquires about your most recent fishing trip. In this case, she actually wants to talk about fishing.

4. Know when to go and when to not go fishing. As I am a sure that you have already guessed, this means important holidays and events. Sometimes its best to just attend some of those events even though you would rather not. Especially if your attendance at such an event really means something to her.

5. If you would rather do what you want, when you want, and where you want, then stay single. All you need is just a handful of women who are comfortable with their non-commital relationship with you.

Edited by SkykomishSunrise (10/30/11 06:43 PM)

Bill McMillan

#714281 - 10/30/11 11:11 PM Re: Question for anyone in a relationship... [Re: SkykomishSunrise]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
unless of course if your woman suddenly loves to fish and could care less if you are having a good time fishing, she just thinks you are...i never thought of that till just now...i wonder how many times tony didnt feel like fishing but i dragged him...i hope it is not too many times or i would be the worst wife frown

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 933 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |