THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#726884 - 12/20/11 11:04 AM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Illyrian]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

This thread is a good example of poor educations. The issue never was about a gun shaped pizza according to the article/school it was the fact that the kid lied about it:
"The student didn't tell him the truth about it so he got silent lunch for six days."
Seems like a pretty slack punishment. Can't say for sure but we all know what the situation most likely is.....a kid in bad need of Ritalin who is constantly disruptive and violent and mom thinks he's gold.

The past....Mom and/or Dad say "that's what you get for lying and you'll get worse when you get home".

Now....my little Johnny is the most perfect child there's ever been and couldn't possibly do anything wrong. I'm going to wage a war in the press skewing the facts and maybe file a lawsuit as well.

"Dont even get me started on the "if you punch someone back who punches you, you will be expelled" policy."

That's nothing new. In my day if you fought you were either expelled, paddled or picked up buckets of rocks. They didn't hold court to decide who was at fault. Sometimes you were given a choice and sometimes the principal decided for you.

Also, teachers would throw erasers at you, whack your knuckles with a ruler or slap you upside the head. Lawsuit city these days.

#726894 - 12/20/11 11:53 AM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: stlhead]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

You had one of those teachers too moose 4th grade "Mrs Shono" Japenese American Lady would throw several erasers a day if you were talking when you shouldn't be. thumbs She was really nice but you learned pretty fast. eek2 I remember eating rice balls in class that she cooked that were covered in sea weed. banana

Let's bring back corporal punishment to the schools. beer

Edited by Sol Duc (12/20/11 11:54 AM)

- Albert Einstein.

#726895 - 12/20/11 11:59 AM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Sol Duc]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Everyone FREEZE! Too late

mmmmmmmmmmmm --> Pew--> Pew--> Pew--> Pew--> Pew--> Pew--> Pew--> Pew--> Pew
mmmmmmmmmmmm
mmm m
mmm
mmm

That was pretty fun.

#726902 - 12/20/11 12:17 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I think punishment should start early. Any signs of becoming a RWWJ get's the paddle. The super large one with the holes in it. After all it is supposed to be an education.

#726904 - 12/20/11 12:18 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

The one swat I got for throwing snow balls at the school bus got my attention, if I would have told my Parents they would have said "good" Parent's now days wan't to be their Kid's best friends.

By now standards I had ADD...My father (H.S Science Teacher) cured it with a swift wooden spoon on the butt. moose

Edited by Sol Duc (12/20/11 12:26 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#726905 - 12/20/11 12:22 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: stlhead]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: stlhead
I think punishment should start early. Any signs of becoming a RWWJ get's the paddle. The super large one with the holes in it. After all it is supposed to be an education.

And the ones showing signs of liberalism should be housed at Western State Hospital. :>)

- Albert Einstein.

#726908 - 12/20/11 12:25 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: AuntyM

It's never going to "go back" to what we remember, which apparently is based on too many "Leave it to Beaver", "My Three Sons" and "Little House on the Prairie" episodes.

We ain't seen nothing yet, just the tip of the iceburg.

- Albert Einstein.

#726925 - 12/20/11 03:10 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Sol Duc]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Is that where they recruit Democratic legislators? I always wondered, Taxaholics too.
Your sales tax it araisin. soon

#726929 - 12/20/11 03:25 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Illyrian]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

They are called honor students.

#726931 - 12/20/11 03:31 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

You sound just like the bed wetting thumb sucker libtard you are. rofl Merry Christmas!

- Albert Einstein.

#726943 - 12/20/11 03:39 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Too bad so many see video games as reality or life. Used to be the kids
knew the difference between Cowboys and Indians, and when the game
was over they went home and forgot about it.
The psychopath that engineered the Littleton atrocity wasn't a beaten
kid. He was just a nut that was smarter than the lowest common
denominator rules allowed for. He didn't fit and they couldn't find a
slot for him. Seems he was taken to task several times and
yet no real consequences ensued.

Edited by Illyrian (12/20/11 03:40 PM)

#726957 - 12/20/11 04:33 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
VIDEO GAMES!!!!

(before that)

VIOLENT MOVIES & TV!!!

(before that)

BOOKS!!!

You know what the truth is? The world is SAFER now than it's ever been in generations. By any reasonable measure/time window, the rates of violent crime, murder, genocide are HISTORICALLY low even globally. I believe that the fear-mongering (even present in this thread) and media culture we live in alter our *perception* of our own safety. There aren't more children abducted than before, we just know all their names and feel somehow personally connected to their stories now. What has CLEARLY grown is outrage. And to borrow a phrase (link below for people who actually read/care about this stuff) "Percieved Risk = Risk (actual) + Outrage".

There's a reason we don't let kids bring guns to school -- it's because parents of kids that got accidentally (not columbine style) shot demanded those rules. The zero tolerance rules, like ANY rule, seem insane at the margins -- clearly this example is one (if it's a real example -- if the kid was only punished for lying, then it's just a convenient fiction).

So go ahead and blame all things "new" and that you don't value (and are therefore outraged that other people do). But the truth is all that newness also brought you remarkably low crime rates, even though populations have grown by multiples in your own lifetimes.

Pinker on this (From the Wall Street Journal, no less):
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904106704576583203589408180.html

Freakanomics on Risk:
http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/11/29/r...-peter-sandman/

#726965 - 12/20/11 05:07 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: salmosalar
If that's what you "hear" given what I wrote then it's clear that you are either not intelligent enought to understand or belligerently ignorant.

It's a toss up.

Go Red Sox,
cds

It's not just that post it's most of your posts. Use the ignore button if your candy arse can't hang.

- Albert Einstein.

#726967 - 12/20/11 05:10 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Video games are a small part of it. The breakdown of the family unit is the biggest part imo. Let's legalize drugs...that should help. crazy

- Albert Einstein.

#726981 - 12/20/11 05:45 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yeah, the War on Drugs has certainly helped things, hasn't it?

You're either high right now, or you're a f'n goat.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#726984 - 12/20/11 05:56 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Don't take things so seriously, I was being a Facetious. Merry XMAS Dan and have a happy New year.

- Albert Einstein.

#726987 - 12/20/11 06:05 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
That sh!t ain't funny, man.

smile

Don't you know that I'm REQUIRED to respond in such a manner here on the Dark Side?

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#726995 - 12/20/11 06:46 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

We's cool.... moose

- Albert Einstein.

#727008 - 12/20/11 07:43 PM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

piss off! moose

- Albert Einstein.

#727133 - 12/21/11 12:59 AM Re: More school zero tolerance insanity [Re: ]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
I think a reasonable smack on the arse occasionaly is a good thing .. . . . .. . Open hand, when needed to drive home a point. ... no foreign objects, no excuses. . . .

Too many fukktards have gone to far in this world without realizing there are consequences for their actions. . ... .To put it simply, stupid should hurt ... .

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |