Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#72852 - 10/04/05 12:31 AM Winthrop
SnoHoh Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett
Anyone fished Campell Or cougar lakes outside of winthrop yet this year? Just wondering how there doing!

#72853 - 10/23/05 05:42 PM Re: Winthrop
Rickomatic Offline
Smolt

Loc: Snohomish
Just got back from hunting that area for a week. We always camp right at the Cougar Lake parking area. Fished the lake maybe 4 times over the week, for about 2-3 hours at a time in the mid afternoons. Caught only a total of 6 fish from 13-16 inches, but nice and fat. It seemed slower than in years past, just like the hunting.

#72854 - 10/25/05 12:21 AM Re: Winthrop
SnoHoh Offline
Smolt

Thanks! smile

#72855 - 10/25/05 12:18 PM Re: Winthrop
Rickomatic Offline
Smolt

So, SnoHo, did you hunt/fish the Cougar Lake/Campbell Lake area? If so, when were you there? We may have crossed paths. My son and I were there from the day before the opener through Friday the 21st. Saw plenty of does, yearlings, spikes and 2 points, but nothing shootable. We drove all over checking out other camps too, and talking to folks, and the consensus was that it was much slower than normal. That was evident to us by the lack of shooting all week. At least the lake gave up a few nice 'bows.

#72856 - 10/25/05 10:49 PM Re: Winthrop
SnoHoh Offline
Smolt

Rick,
I was grew up over there in twisp. Graduated from Liberty Bell JR/SR high. This is the first year in many that i wasen't over there for the opener.(Damn New Job) Dosen't sound like I missed much though. Was thinking of taking my son over there for the weekend to do some fishing. We used to get alot of nice fish out of both lakes 2-5lbs but the water shortage in the last couple of summers has taken atoll on the lakes from what I've heard. Im going to try and get over there before they freeze over and do some fishin though.

Are you the guys that camp over there @ the lake every year on top of the little hill?

#72857 - 10/26/05 11:37 AM Re: Winthrop
Rickomatic Offline
Smolt

Yep, we've been tent camping right there by the Cougar Lake parking area for several years. White GMC pickup with canopy now. Used to have a blue Suburban.
One nice thing about this year was that we were actually allowed to have campfires. Made a huge difference.
The water level is definately the lowest I've seen in a long time. The fishing did seem slower than usual, although I did catch at least one fish each time out.
My father in law (who got me started over there more than 30 years ago) tells me stories about ice fishing Cougar Lake. I've only seen it safe to walk on the ice once, and that was the year it was 10 degrees overnight....brrrrrrrrr

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1152 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |