LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#734795 - 01/21/12 07:13 PM Looks like Paterno is about expired.
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

- Albert Einstein.

#734804 - 01/21/12 08:33 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: Sol Duc]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Sad.Good luck.

SZ

#734809 - 01/21/12 08:47 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Stress Kills

There's a sucker born every minute

#734816 - 01/21/12 09:06 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: SBD]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Not Near-Death.......Dead.
Man.

#734817 - 01/21/12 09:06 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: SBD]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
It is sad that a coach with a very long and illustrious career will be most remembered for what he didn't do.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#734842 - 01/21/12 10:08 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: eddie]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: eddie
It is sad that a coach with a very long and illustrious career will be most remembered for what he didn't do.

Spot on!

- Albert Einstein.

#734936 - 01/22/12 01:58 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: eddie]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: eddie

I guess it's sad because he's so old? The long and illustrious career ended when he showed his true colors and complete lack of integrity and looked the other way while kids were getting their lives ruined under his watch. He was in a position of leadership at a college, karma's a bitch.

#734952 - 01/22/12 02:41 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: fish4brains]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
I wouldn't say he looked the other way...he reported it to his supervisor immediately after hearing the story, thereby fulfilling his legal obligation. What I don't understand, and what will tarnish his reputation with many Americans, is why didn't he follow up after reporting the incident? Most folks will question whether he fulfilled his moral obligation to the kids. He did sound very remorseful in his statement after the story was revealed and I would speculate he went to his grave sorry for not doing more.

#735122 - 01/22/12 06:31 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: The Catcherman]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
While there is no argument about his coaching accomplishments and how many lives he effected in a positive manner but when he was told of what was going on to only meet his legal obligations doesn't really meet the standards of what most people would think a great man would do. I am sorry for his family's loss and I hope he finds piece and forgiveness.

#735215 - 01/22/12 10:00 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: The Catcherman]
fish4brains Offline

Originally Posted By: The Catcherman
I wouldn't say he looked the other way...he reported it to his supervisor immediately after hearing the story, thereby fulfilling his legal obligation. What I don't understand, and what will tarnish his reputation with many Americans, is why didn't he follow up after reporting the incident? Most folks will question whether he fulfilled his moral obligation to the kids. He did sound very remorseful in his statement after the story was revealed and I would speculate he went to his grave sorry for not doing more.

At this point, it's not what he did over the course of his career, but what he didn't do when it really mattered.

Legal obligation? while one of his coaches under him is raping little kids? AYFKM? He was in a long term position of high leadership. Not following through shows a complete lack of integrity. As far as questioning whether he fulfilled his moral obligation, what is there to question? He FAILED. He should have been outraged, instead, he continued to work with the child molester like nothing happened???. He's an accomplice to child rape. POS.

#735234 - 01/22/12 10:23 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: fish4brains]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Good riddance.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#735303 - 01/23/12 12:28 AM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: Dogfish]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
I'm tired of the "he did everything he should have" and "he reported it to his AD"

HE KNEW of some disgusting and despicable acts taking place... If you have the slightest inkling of a child rapist in your camp, you throw that Fukker under the bus and leave him to dry.....

#735543 - 01/23/12 11:23 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Originally Posted By: Knucklebustersonly
I'm tired of the "he did everything he should have" and "he reported it to his AD"

HE KNEW of some disgusting and despicable acts taking place... If you have the slightest inkling of a child rapist in your camp, you throw that Fukker under the bus and leave him to dry.....

Exactly. Too bad it's not so cut & dry when it comes to protecting the Sanctity of Religious & other organizations, were kids are preyed upon.

Paterno got off Scot free, as far as I'm concerned.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#735565 - 01/24/12 01:39 AM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: Magicfly]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
He worked with that POS for the sake of Penn State football. At least I hope thats why he did it.
Should have hung him high!!!

#735594 - 01/24/12 09:54 AM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: Achewter]
fish4brains Offline

What people here think of this situation is a lot different than what most of the ifisher's think.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=3979803#post3979803

#735802 - 01/24/12 11:47 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: fish4brains]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Of course they'd defend him, that site had a pedophile amongst their members for awhile. I don't remember them vilifying him, either.

#735812 - 01/25/12 12:15 AM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: fish4brains]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Kinda ghey posting a thread from another site. cool

- Albert Einstein.

#735896 - 01/25/12 12:59 PM Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. [Re: Sol Duc]
fish4brains Offline

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Kinda ghey posting a thread from another site. cool

Takes one to know one?

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |