LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#742073 - 02/20/12 08:41 PM Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort?
No More Ice Fishin Offline
Returning Adult

I owe my wife a weekend away, and she loves the ocean and letting the dog run on the beach. She is closing in on 8 months pregnant, so walking on the beach is about as exciting as we get right now.

Either of these spots especially good? Better than the other? She mostly appreciates a great view of the water and close access for walking on the beach. We may also head down to Oregon, but we've done that a couple times and the OP is a little easier for us to get to for a short weekend.

Also, I probably won't be sneaking off to fish steelhead much (maybe a little), but can you catch anything casting off these beaches? Surf perch? Never done it, so any techniques would be appreciated.

#742075 - 02/20/12 08:46 PM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
redhook
Unregistered

Kalaloch is an awesome place... Ocean Shores is as well... plus you would be close to some damn good rivers at both locations... if you want to beach fish, theres the Surf Perch, everyone i know uses clam necks, i only have done it a few times, and thats what we used... depending on where you are going, Kalaloch has 2 rivers near by that could kick you out a fish or 2, also depends on when... i wont name them on here, but you can look at a map and see what im talkin about...

#742079 - 02/20/12 08:59 PM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: ]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
If you are interested in perch, Damon Point might be a good choice, near the Ocean Shores marina, spit is 1 mile long and is a great agate beach. My best bait for perch has been sandshrimp. Use a #2 hook, break shrimp in two parts, slide on hook and use strechy string to tie shrimp on hook. Look for the color break and fish in the clearer water if possible. Big waves can close out this beach. Best is 6 ft and down to about 4. Quick sloping beach here so can fish without waders. I use knee boots or barefoot. 3 0r 4 ounces required in the waves...........have fun

Edited by N W Panhandler (02/20/12 09:00 PM)

#742111 - 02/20/12 10:51 PM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: ]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Was just at Kalaloch. The only issue i can think of is the walk down the hill and over the logs to the beach. Might be a stretch for your wife. Quileute is right on a nice flat beach and Rialto is not that hard to get onto, either.

#742125 - 02/20/12 11:43 PM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: Carcassman]
Mystical Legends Offline
Spawner

Loc: Des Moines NOT Seattle
Kalaloch would be my choice..Plenty of beaches to choose from and the cabins have great views.

#742136 - 02/21/12 12:36 AM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: Mystical Legends]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Kalaloch.......can be a awesome place, with a winter storm. You can drive south a few miles.....over flow parking for trailers....beach is right there.....

Clam chowder is/was some of the best I've ever had....

Enjoy..........

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#742180 - 02/21/12 11:09 AM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: DrifterWA]
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Also Iron Springs Resort just completed a remodel. Very nice romantic hideaway right on the beach. Should be some surf perch available too. wink

If you need more amenities and easy access for the wife, Ocean Shores is pretty tough to beat.
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#742182 - 02/21/12 11:35 AM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: Mooch]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Kalaloch.Good luck,
SZ

#742190 - 02/21/12 11:51 AM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
Kalaloch, is awesome and there will be cutthroat from the beach this time of year, their web sight has map of cabins to choose from and their restaurant is OK.

#742205 - 02/21/12 01:06 PM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: fishenfool]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
We get this deal sent to us because we stay there once in a while. This place is top shelf if you want on the water nice digs. Take your own food and hold up there for a few days. Great place to watch a storm and has a elevator so momma doesn't have to do the stairs.

http://westportcondo.com/index.php

See if ya can get this deal.

Many of you – our special guests at Westport Condo – have used the “Last Minute Special” $50 credit per night and taken a recent short break here at our oceanfront condos. Just a quick note to remind you that if you miss the relaxation and smell of the ocean air, the $50 credit per night “Last Minute Special” is still available to you:

Our 2012 special guest appreciation gift works like this:

> Give us a call and request your “Last Minute Special”

getaway within 10 days of your arrival.

> You will receive a credit/discount of $50 for each night you stay.

> It’s easy and soooooooo restful.

This is our way of saying thank you and offering you a calming break in 2012.

(This is non-transferrable and is intended as a gift to you, our special friends)

Ken and Judy

(360) 268-1400

”The Pacific NW’s Best Beach Getaway…”

#742216 - 02/21/12 01:50 PM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: Achewter]
No More Ice Fishin Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks for the tips. The Kalaloch dog-friendly units with ocean views are booked up for the dates we're looking at, so we'll probably do the Quileute Resort. Looks like you can't go wrong there, either. Good reviews, great scenic views, beach right out the door for walking.

#742338 - 02/21/12 11:28 PM Re: Kalaloch Lodge or Quileute Resort? [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
large edward Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Brier, WA
You might check out Ocean Crest Resort in Moclips. Great beach views, however an [Bleeeeep!]-load of stairs to get to the beach.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |