Finally got around to installing the newest update to the board ... as some of you may have found out with brief glitches in board uptime over the last 12 hours.

The biggest change is something that the rest of you won't see much ... but it's invaluable to us. It allows us to move posts from the main board en masse to the archive based upon the post dates. So now, we can transfer stuff into the archives with a few clicks ... about 1400 year 2000 topics went into archive earlier today, I'll do most of 2001 later.

Fishgal will love this becasue the other 1800 or so threads that were already moved were done manually by her, one at a time ... lots of hours in front of the screen moving them into archive.

We've been waiting to move more into the archive because we knew this was upcoming.

It'll help speed searches of current posts and probably improve board speed some as well.

As for items that eveyone else can use:

1) "Jump to new posts" and a little blue arrow that you will find located just below the link for "Printer-Friendly View of this Topic" will automatically take you to the first post that you have not read in a thread ... no more scrolling to find your place

2) "Report post", listed in the lower right-hand corner of each post will automtically notify us of a problem / spam post. Please don't hesiate to use it. While I have lots of time on my hands at the moment, it's now raining and won't last long, so that'll make it easy for us to respond to "trouble posts". A note there - thanks for keeping them to a minimum lately, I know salmon season often brings out the "worst", but overall everybody's been behaving and no fish-slapping slap has really been needed

If you have any problems, please let us know!

I may try to work on a hack soon that will give us a few more features, but I've got a few more things to do first ...

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"