Rate This Topic
#750140 - 03/27/12 02:24 AM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Originally Posted By: 2MANY
Perhaps this applys.

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
I don't know. I doubt racism is the topical cause. Blacks are probably suspended disproportionately because they misbehave disproportionately. Getting at the root cause could likely uncover racism, and probably already has, as one of the main reasons blacks are at a disadvantage in American society, on average. If that's the case, then it's probable that a black student would be more likely than a white student to show up at school, under-rested, under-nourished, under-dressed, un-loved, and otherwise unprepared to learn. Hence, they misbehave and are more likely to be suspended.

I've had a lot of friends and relatives in education, and I was initially surprised to learn how prevalent social dysfunction is, cutting across racial and economic classes. However, as expected, blacks and hispanics are hit disproportionately harder.

an aquaintance of mine once said, "The answer to the question 'WHY' is the booby prize of life."

I suggest that "disproportionate is as disproportionate does"

#750150 - 03/27/12 04:09 AM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Dave Vedder]
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
Block watch captain? Block watches have rank? Could he deputize people as block watch members in an emergency? I smells a poser.
I think Al Sharpton said it best at a recent rally to draw attention to this issue when he said, "Don't talk to us like we ignant."

#750173 - 03/27/12 11:52 AM Re: Florida shooting [Re: cupo]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
I'm a fully qualified OF. And If I was being sat on by a punk that
was banging my head on the pavement I would perforate him.
Stress of the moment.
If it comes out that the issue went that rout. I don't see how they
can charge Zimmerman with any thing other than discharging a
fire arm in a residential area.
Tragic that two confrontational people ran into each other and
destroyed at least two lives.

#750181 - 03/27/12 01:25 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
The guy should have known better than to follow a teen provoking an altercation and should have left it alone. The kid should know that pounding someones head off the street can certainly get you shot. Sad story for both of them for sure.

Why is it that we allow the normal few must make it a race thing and use it for their own interests. Jessy and Rev Al (who I actually like) jump into action to get themselves headlines and profit from a sad situation. Helping no one and making it all the worse.

Same with our liberal friends here that jump on before we know what happened and try to make it a race issue. Took all of two minutes with zero proof that race had anything to do with it. Maybe next time we hold judgement until the facts come out before we call for blood from the "racist". Somehow I doubt it will make a difference if it furthers an agenda.

#750182 - 03/27/12 01:31 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
topwater Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rocky Mountain High
a few thoughts i have on this whole mess
-it's not self defense when you start losing a fight you started.

-when your community has a history of racially uneven justice you should expect racial protests.

-any kid should be very suspicious about strange men following them as they walk through a neighborhood.

-regardless of what happens in this case hopefully people will become aware of the dangers posed by psychologically messed up cop wannabees.

-a quick and easy way to change the "stand your ground" gun law would be for the black community to start arming themselves and using the law to get away with killing "threatening" white people. even saint ronnie passed gun control laws as governor when the black panthers started carrying guns in public.

-i never want to live in a gated community... because i have to deal with the type of people who want to live in a gated community.

#750194 - 03/27/12 02:19 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: topwater]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: topwater

-when your community has a history of racially uneven justice you should expect racial protests.

-any kid should be very suspicious about strange men following them as they walk through a neighborhood.

-regardless of what happens in this case hopefully people will become aware of the dangers posed by psychologically messed up cop wannabees.

-a quick and easy way to change the "stand your ground" gun law would be for the black community to start arming themselves and using the law to get away with killing "threatening" white people. even saint ronnie passed gun control laws as governor when the black panthers started carrying guns in public.

-i never want to live in a gated community... because i have to deal with the type of people who want to live in a gated community.

+1

#750199 - 03/27/12 02:32 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Salmo g.]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

A little thoughts on your thoughts.

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Originally Posted By: topwater

No where did I hear the guy threw any punches at the kid and following someone is not starting a fight or some tailgaters would be getting a needed butt whoopin' often

As much as you would like it to be Florida 2012 is not Mississippi 1950-60

+1 but being as the kid lived in the neighborhood he likely knew exactly who was following him as the guy was head of the watch and out there all the time. Maybe not but most likely.

+1 there as well. Rent a cops and wannabees seem to take themselves far to seriously

Anyone in any community can arm themselves. No law in Florida or anywhere else that states different races have different laws. Lame liberalism there. Very lame.

+10000

+1

#750221 - 03/27/12 04:02 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: topwater]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Topwater +1

Here's the thing I can't figure out -- seriously puzzling -- is how Zimmerman got so beat-up... He wasn't jumped/surprised by the kid, he clearly saw and was watching him, so how does a 140lb kid take on and defeat someone 100lbs his senior? I just can't see that happening...

Maybe he gets in a good shot (nose) but even that's hard/lucky to pull off. But the "bashing his head" stuff -- If I tried that on someone 100lbs my senor they'd just toss me aside, or roll me off. It doesn't make sense to me.

#750225 - 03/27/12 04:34 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: IrishRogue]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

There is so much about this story that isn't making sense. And probably never will.

#750263 - 03/27/12 08:08 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...
Here's a Glaring example of the Visual Agenda of the Lame Stream Media Bias . . . .

Kinda puts a New Spin on events.

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

#750270 - 03/27/12 08:35 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: JohnQ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

The media is despicable. evil

- Albert Einstein.

#750280 - 03/27/12 09:03 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I really care what a drunk loser has to say about anything rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#750315 - 03/27/12 10:57 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ParaLeaks]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: slabby
You've mispelled this

rofl

Solid.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#750316 - 03/27/12 11:00 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
So are you but hey...............nobody forces you to read the media, and while I read some of what you post, I don't give what you say much credence.........

Tampon Pro Staff

I ask unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks

__________________________________________________________________________________

You've mispelled this for so long, I thought I'd help you out a bit.

edit: had to get the reply from the right guy

Edited by Slab Happy (03/27/12 11:01 PM)

#750372 - 03/28/12 09:46 AM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Everyone has different ways of grieving a loved one's death.
For some, nothing says "I miss you" more poignantly than looting the nearest convenience store.

wink

#750400 - 03/28/12 01:49 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: JohnQ]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Originally Posted By: JohnQ
Here's a Glaring example of the Visual Agenda of the Lame Stream Media Bias . . . .

Kinda puts a New Spin on events.

To bad the bottom picture has already been proven to not be the victim and was originally put up by a neo-nazi website. Remember that the media only puts out what they want you to know so you can all think like them.

#750402 - 03/28/12 02:59 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: Salmonella]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

The new definition of a flash mob
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#750408 - 03/28/12 03:34 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

[/quote]

Not really, it is well known that you are an idiot, with a penchant for self affirming posts that attempt to validate your warped world view.
[/quote]

How does Dan always say it........-

Pot,

Kettle,

Black.

rofl

#750428 - 03/28/12 06:34 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Reality has a well known liberal bias............... grin

Facts here would seem to be looking like Sol Dunce and JohnQ fell for a neo nazi pack of half truths, misrepresentations, and seeing as they both felt it appropriate to repost it, one can infer their reposting of the photoshop was pertinent to the discussion, even if neither of them bothered to make a determination of the veracity of their posts........not an altogether uncommon for either of the two parties I'm afraid.

Well not so much with Sol Dunce, as we all know he's a troll.............and things sort of just tumble from his brain bucket at random............. smile

My personal view on this is the same as my view on the JBLM soldier accused of the killings in Afghanistan............... not enough information to form an intelligent opinion yet, hence no posts by me making the sorts of sweeping generalizations so common here on either topic.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Truth from a Retarded Pungentopolis libtard. Just what dumbassed Kollege Perfessor died and appointed you the arbitrator of what is true or not????? Why don't you crawl back under your sleaze where you came from. Either that or go suck whatever.

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

#750437 - 03/28/12 07:28 PM Re: Florida shooting [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Weak... But no surprise given my mental furniture.

Attachments
empty-chair-1[1].jpg

In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |