I have a landowner who I have worked with for the past 5 years, culling their pigeons, starlings, and coyotes. In exchange I have received the run of 660 acres of prime Chehalis riverbottom land to hunt and fish on as much as I want.

It has great duck hunting, and there are some geese and pheasants available, as well. There is a herd of about 250 elk that hang out there from September to February that I have taken 4 elk out of, and I have another cow tag for October, so I will get another good shot this year, and a few deer that never get any pressure. All in all, it has been my outdoor playground for a while.

My question is this. The owners have approached me to manage the hunting operations and to basically act as the "Farm Warden" making sure that only folks who have paid the dues are on the property, and I would like to know how some of you are managing property that you hunt on.

They are set on turning the property into a duck club, and will give me free run with the tractor to build blinds, and they will provide materials. There are 4 good areas to hunt, some better than others, and none crowd in on other folks hunting. How many memberships should there be? Last year they sold two at $1,000 each.

The farm is also in a special draw area for elk where people have a shot at about 60 cow elk tags through the AHE program. Any suggestions on a price for a special tag trespass fee? These are cow elk, but during the regular seasons there are about 25 legal bulls in the herd. Trespass fee for bulls?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.