Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75449 - 11/26/02 09:02 PM Muley Pix
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
I was asked to post these, so I'm sure we'll hear the story behind them!

Wish I had the chance to go chase one of these anytime soon frown

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#75450 - 11/26/02 09:37 PM Re: Muley Pix
DeKuma Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
I know we have deer like that around this state, but I sure ain't seen 'em!

Looking forward to the story on that monster.

#75451 - 11/26/02 09:39 PM Re: Muley Pix
KingFisher85 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Amboy Wa
Thats a nice buck. Now weres that story?
How to fix a gun-- Take it apart--Put it back together--Hide extra parts~~~

#75452 - 11/26/02 10:58 PM Re: Muley Pix
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
The unit glowball has been hunting...342 has more than a few bucks that size. I had a buck at least that big almost in my sights,season before last in 346. Last night of the season ,almost dark and he came out of the timber,he saw me and hit the timber before I had a shot frown . I got a Blacktail buck in 1988 when I was 14. It is a 3x4 that I had scored by a Boone & Crockett scorer last year it scored 136 5/8" If I had a way of posting a picture here,I'd put him up so you could see him. cool

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#75453 - 11/27/02 10:54 AM Re: Muley Pix
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
This is the buck I got last year in Montana!!We had been hiking all morning,we stopped for lunch under a pine tree where some cows had been laying(no snow)started to eat and Dave my hunting partner said dont move were being watched by 5 does I ducked down got out my
spotting scope they were 500yrds away and we could see another deer hiding behind a juniper bush and we couldnt tell what it was.We planned on circling around behind then to get a better look Dave took the direct route and I went lower.Well Dave walked right up to the doe
60ft then he saw them look back and then all he could see was a head and horns as the buck
bounced down the ridge.We got on there tracks and tracked them for over a mile just as we started to reach the top of a small ridge we saw the does again but the buck was not to be seen.He was there but out of site the does start to move and up he jumps and starts running
up the ridge 140 yards away we thought he was farther away than that and we shot over his back sh---t!!So we tracked them down again but he was 700yds away so we let him go he
was much bigger then the one in the pictures he was 30inches wide at the least.Well bumbed out and getting late we headed for our meeting place to get picked up as we were walking on the top of this ridge I spotted a doe she was feeding about 150yrds away and the all I could see was a antler trying to move her behind in to position for the mount then she looked up at me and ran about 50ft and stopped he followed her and looked up at me and stuck his head in a juniper bush that was my chance I hit him behind the shoulder!! I went to look for him I saw were he was standing and there was no blood (I couldn't have missed) then I went about 40ft
and found blood as I went farther he was leeking out bothsides and was laying about 60yrds from where he was hit!!YAHOO!! then Dave and I were High Fiving White Guys it was a great
hunt Dave got a nice buck the next day mine measured 251/2 and Daves was 261/2 this was in eastern Montana on a block mangement ranch when I get drawn again I will go back nothing better than being able to choose your buck we would see 50 to 100 dear a day with 15 to 20 bucks I almost shot one earlier that was bigger but it had a broken main beam so he was only
a 4x2!!

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |