THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#758407 - 05/08/12 08:06 PM Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal....
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Not exactly shocking news for those exposed to them for years, but the respected Pew Research Center has determined that political liberals are far less tolerant of opposing views than regular Americans.

http://news.investors.com/article/604124/201203130802/pew-center-study-of-american-online-habits.htm

In a new study, the Pew Center for the Internet and American Life Project confirmed what most intelligent Americans had long sensed. That is, whenever they are challenged or confronted on the hollow falsity of their orthodoxy -- such as, say, uniting diverse Americans -- liberals tend to respond defensively with anger, even trying to shut off or silence critics. (i.e. photo above of President Obama reacting to Boston hecklers.)

The new research found that instead of engaging in civil discourse or debate, fully 16% of liberals admitted to blocking, unfriending or overtly hiding someone on a social networking site because that person expressed views they disagreed with. That's double the percentage of conservatives and more than twice the percentage of political moderates who behaved like that.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#758410 - 05/08/12 08:10 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Being "tolerant" means being tolerant of other views...it does not mean being tolerant of ignorance, bigotry, idiocy, or foolishness...which is why those nice ol' conservatives are always crying about those mean ol' liberals telling them to stop being ignorant, bigoted, foolish, idiots.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#758412 - 05/08/12 08:12 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

P.S. I've "blocked" or "unfriended" exactly "zero" people on anything for being a right wing tool...I enjoy having them around, they are amusing as heck.

I have, however, been blocked by right wing tools who don't like having their ignorant views countered by things like facts, or logic.

#758413 - 05/08/12 08:12 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Hankster
See?

See?

Fish on...

Todd

#758417 - 05/08/12 08:20 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Todd
...it does not mean being tolerant of ignorance, bigotry, idiocy, or foolishness...

All of which are exhibited regularly and consistently by our liberal "friends". That they fail to see the error of their pious ways does NOT mean everyone else can't plainly see it. And just because you can't or won't accept your bigotry, idiocy and ignorance doesn't mean that you're not a bigoted, ignorant idiot.

Rage on.

#758419 - 05/08/12 08:22 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: RowVsWade]
redhook
Unregistered

Conservatives and Liberals... Democrats, and Republicans...

guess what they are...

GANGS, they just dont pull drive bys and rape mothers....

yet...

#758428 - 05/08/12 08:50 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Name calling......the study left out name calling.......wth kind of study is that? rofl

It is customarily the opening response to any view opposing the Left-of-Center's blindered world. The unspoken MO is to reduce the bar to 3rd grade level names for the offender, rather than condemning the view.

I guess when you got nothing to run with, then hanging on to a many-years-old high point and driving off any opposing points of reason is the as good as it gets. thumbs

rofl

:plop: (that's the sound of heads retreating from sight)

#758430 - 05/08/12 08:53 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: redhook
Conservatives and Liberals... Democrats, and Republicans...

guess what they are...

GANGS, they just dont pull drive bys and rape mothers....

yet...

Liberals and obama voters do...rioting and property destruction also. In fact if you were to ask most prisoners who they would vote for, if they could in fact vote, by and large you'd hear them say obama. Of those that don't say obama you'd have 'guys' like shthead say he'd vote, if in fact 'he' could vote, for Charles Manson. Hell 'he's' remodeling a room in 'his' trailer for ol' Charlie as we speak.

Conservatives are usually the ones accused of tax fraud and the like.

#758431 - 05/08/12 08:58 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: RowVsWade]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Would a tissue or a Nuk help you deal with the liberal meanies you've encountered over the years?

Pew should be embarassed that they actually took the time to come to these findings. WTF cares? I mean besides assorted donkeys and assclowns and such.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#758435 - 05/08/12 09:12 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

If you say so.

You don't need a Nuk, too..........do you?

smile

#758445 - 05/08/12 09:34 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: Dan S.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

First...WTF is a Nuk?

Second I don't need anything from a hit and run shorty...though I've no doubt you buy plenty of tissues.

Third I don't GAF what you like, dislike or approve of...nobody is forcing you to read this. And most likely somebody is reading this to you.

Go use a tablespoon of the cheap gas ($111 per/bbl) that Vedder is creamin' his Tough Skins over and set yourself on fire.

#758454 - 05/08/12 09:59 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: RowVsWade]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Never heard the term "Nuk" mesef, but would guess it's a Binkie, pacifier, fake nipple, suckling toy.

wild guess....but I'm sure if Dan provides said "Nuk" it will be on fire. smile

#758460 - 05/08/12 10:21 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Ladies........ladies........

I was just funnin' ya.

RvW must have one tied on already. He doesn't usually get so butt-hurt.

I bet a nuk would help. Maybe a tampon, too.

smile

#758466 - 05/08/12 10:28 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: Dan S.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The tampon won't do any good until a good douche is applied to remove the sand.

Fish on...

Todd

#758472 - 05/08/12 10:35 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: Dan S.]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

LOL......gawd, having KK, Todd, and Jaek running around, pushing each other out of the way to get the first dart thrown is as comical as it gets.

It's akin to being a puppeteer!

Jump KK!

Dance Toddler!

It's Aboootime for another one-liner from Sandy Crack as well!

Performance forthcoming!!

thumbs

violin rofl

#758480 - 05/08/12 10:47 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ParaLeaks]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Like the conservatards are very tolerant!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#758505 - 05/08/12 11:29 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: ]
No Warranty Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Nuk? Are you sure you didn't mean Snuke?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155539/snuke-found

#758511 - 05/08/12 11:40 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: Dan S.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Tyin' one on doesn't sound so bad but it's gettin' towards bedtime and morning comes quicker as I get older. Plus I hope team Adam kicks team Christinas [Bleeeeep!] on the Voice. rofl

Sarcasm often gets mistaken for anger online...just like not gettin' paid in Cartegena is mistaken for whining.

Goodnight fellas.

#758512 - 05/08/12 11:45 PM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: RowVsWade]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

...Oh and BTW phvck anyone that thinks I don't take this chit serious.

#758554 - 05/09/12 02:12 AM Re: Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal.... [Re: RowVsWade]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I guess Richard Lugar isn't conservative enough anymore and is getting beat in his primary by a teabagger.

Most of you "conservatives" would have been considered "liberal" 50 years ago.

Pew Research is conservatively biased. Darn the conservative media.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 855 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |