LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#761663 - 05/24/12 12:10 PM Where to get decent eggs?
MaxMad Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: "the middle kingdom" aka Cheha...
I live in Chehalis, Sunbird's has eggs that fish decent and cost $25.99 plus tax but, they get their eggs delivered on Wednesday in the afternoon(?) and by the time I'm off work they are gone, the Texaco at Exit 68 has eggs but, cost $31.99 plus tax AND they are purple, can't seem to get the fish to bite them. Fish Country has eggs for $26.99 but, bait from half the jar turned white after one drift, the other half of the jar seemed decent. Is there anywhere from Olympia to Kelso that sells decent eggs at a reasonable price? Raw eggs would be better. What's the deal to getting some decent eggs?

I have ran out of the silver eggs I cured last fall....

#761729 - 05/24/12 03:45 PM Re: Where to get decent eggs? [Re: MaxMad]
redhook
Unregistered

might be tough to find fresh eggs till about July... but for fresh eggs, i would try Nates Bait, and Sunrise Bait... Nates is 7ish per pound, and i assume that Sunrise will be around the same... you can also buy cured eggs from Sunrise, 32oz jars are 27 bucks... Nates i think is 25 for a 32oz jar...

you will have to get them shipped tho, so i would call them each and see what they can do for you...

https://natesbaitfishingproducts.com/

http://www.sunrisebait.com/

#761731 - 05/24/12 04:00 PM Re: Where to get decent eggs? [Re: ]
Free_Globbin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grays Harbor
Most of the "Fresh Eggs" this time of year are flash frozen and total garbage. If you can find some unfrozen stuff, they may be good depending on what they are and how they were handled. For what it's worth, I would recommend buying some already cured stuff and just making do until you can get your hands on some good eggs.

For once, I actually agree with Redhook and I would check out Sunrise or Nate's for some cured eggs. They aren't the best, but they catch fish.

#761732 - 05/24/12 04:03 PM Re: Where to get decent eggs? [Re: Free_Globbin]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

I got a lot of flash frozen eggs from a guy that fished in alaska. They took probably 4 times as much time and effort to cure and dry. They fish okay but don't have thta sexy plump look that fresh eggs have. Go with a cured batch saves a lot of time and mess..

#761783 - 05/24/12 07:46 PM Re: Where to get decent eggs? [Re: RB3]
oregonarcher Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Try Amerman eggs. They are quality. Google in. I always have a container in my boat and they do well.

Kyle

#761950 - 05/25/12 11:23 AM Re: Where to get decent eggs? [Re: oregonarcher]
Supertrout Offline
Fry

Buyer beware with fresh eggs! Gillnet season for springers/summer chinook (that have mature eggs) on the Columbia is coming up/in progress. I attempted to buy fresh eggs a couple times, but nobody was ever too forthcoming about the source of the eggs. The gillnet fisheries on the columbia seem to be a primary source from the few people that coughed up information. In the end I decided just to wait, make hatchery fish bite, bonk them and take their eggs. With a little persistence there are plenty available for sport harvest unless you seriously want to chuck a LOT of guts. Also fish bite lots of stuff besides eggs. Before you buy these type of eggs, consider what the impact is for wild chinooks and wild steelhead (bycatch in nets!) headed upriver. Or just try and find another source of high-quality eggs that doesn't impact native stocks... Not easy...

Edited by Supertrout (05/25/12 11:24 AM)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |