THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76179 - 03/23/03 11:49 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Great reply brassonbrass

#76180 - 03/24/03 12:11 AM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I'm sure we've all heard this one before....
I'd rather have it and not need it,than need it and not have it.

Brass...
well said.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#76181 - 03/24/03 01:29 AM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
Why carry a gun? I say, why not carry a gun?

#76182 - 03/26/03 10:36 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
The M's game isn't where you need it. Remember the guy walking on the way to his car AFTER a mariner's game who was stabbed in the presence of his wife.

Rule #1 for a gunfight. Bring a gun.

I am the nicest guy you will ever meet, just about. I haven't been in a fight since 7th grade. I don't think I'm tough, even with a gun. But the fact of the matter is this, we don't live in a kinder and gentler world.

What was that darned boyscout motto????

Oh well, I was a Y indian guide. wink

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76183 - 04/24/03 06:28 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
i am not going to touch this one with a ten foot pole. i have a gun but believe like matt on this one, especially for someone who wants protection in the woods and not the city(that is way way backwards).(damn i started to touch it) i would say to anyone who has a gun or wants one though. go see the movie "bowling for columbine". its not a gun control movie, its just a movie about guns. and there is a great interview with charlton heston at the end where he blames the violence in america on its mixed ethnicity. interesting viewpoint for the head of the NRA. It was directed by an NRA member as well. you will love it back eddy and get much info on hand gun safety and laws

#76184 - 04/24/03 06:42 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA
Chappy...Bowling for Columbine was directed by Michael Moore who at one time was a NRA member. He is NOT a member today. He also strongly believes ALL handguns should be outlawed...The movie had a definite agenda and he's very, very skilled at editing to make his point.

Not a great guy, his speech at the Oscars proved just to what extent of an ass he is!

#76185 - 04/24/03 09:15 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Chappy,

I can tell by your comments that you think you know better than everyone. Your views on politics, hunting, and now firearms represent the views of the extreme left.

Not that you have to, but maybe you could post something informative sometime, instead of this endless diatribe of liberal spew. Thanks for the entertainment.

To those out there who think that the ban on trapping, baiting, and hunting with hounds wasn't such a bad thing, your wrong.

Chappy and his pals wish to divide us and then chip away at our hunting and fishing activities. He is very much "one of them" who would like to see you take up underwater basket weaving instead of killing anything.

Sportsmen and women are conservationists. We wish to wisely use our resources.

Animal rights activists are preservationists, meaning they don't want anyone to use the resources at all.

Next these folks will be arguing that we should stop hunting altogether, because you can just go to the store to get your meat. Then fishing will go, because hey, they have that at the store, too.

No thanks, Chappy, I'll take my meat wild, and carry a gun.

Maybe sometime we could go fishing on a loacl river next fall. I'll show you the meaning of cast and blast while we catch some piggy silvers and I reduce the duck poplulation.

Take care,

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76186 - 04/24/03 10:28 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
TRAUT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: HIDING
You tell 'em, Andy!

#76187 - 04/25/03 02:17 AM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard

#76188 - 04/26/03 02:40 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

I was looking through the washington state law books at work and noticed that you dont need to have a concealed weapons permit to carry a gun traveling to from or are in the act of hunting, fishing, horseback riding, hiking or any other legal outdoors activity. laugh

#76189 - 04/26/03 02:51 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Chappy a peta troll?

With the stuff he rights that sure sounds like a distinct possibility. eek

#76190 - 04/26/03 05:15 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
josh870 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett, WA, usa
micropterus101 , that law allows you to carry in the open but not concealed. it also dosnt allow a loaded handgun in the car like a cwp does. under no circumstances is it legal to have a loaded rifle or shotgun in a car.

#76191 - 04/27/03 10:29 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

That loaded handgun your carrying in your car when you have a cwp better be on your person,if its concealed. Not under the seat or in the glove box.Its a common misconception that if you have permit you can stash it anywhere in your car.Not true.Its got to be on your person.
I've also seen people get tickets and warnings for leaning your rifle against your rig or laying it on the hood before unloading it.

#76192 - 04/30/03 02:54 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
Hog King Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I've read the post and replies and find that there is confusion regarding the laws concerning concealed carry of a loaded handgun.

The statute dealing with concealed carry is RCW 9.41 (revised code of washington). You can get this off the Washing State web page.

First off...you DO NOT have to have the loaded handgun on your person while you are in a motor vehicle. It CAN be in the glovebox, on or under the seat, or any place in the vehicle.

Refer to RCW 9.41.050(2). Read the language carefully.

It says that "A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pisotl and: (a) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (b) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (c)the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

The key here is the word "or" between sections 'b' and 'c'. You will be in compliance with the law provided that you do ONE of the above, either A or B or C.

You cannot have a loaded rifle or shotgun in or ON the vehicle. They cannot be touching the vehicle if they are loaded. This includes a loaded magazine as well as a loaded chamber.

They can't be leaning against the tire, tailgate or any part of the vehicle. If they are touching the vehicle, you will be in violation and will get a ticket.

It's a good idea to get a copy of the RCW, read it , learn it and keep a copy in your vehicle.

I deal with regulations and statutes all the time and know that they can be difficult to understand.

Just my $0.02!

Get The US Out of the UN and the UN out of the US

#76193 - 05/01/03 11:28 PM Re: Concealed weapons permit?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Hog King,
Looks like good info.I was going by what I was told by the sherriffs dept.When I got my permit several years ago.And in fact have heard it since from law enforcement.
From what your showing it looks like I was misinformed.
Thanks for the heads up.Looks like I better do a little more research on this subject.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 887 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |