Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76230 - 03/27/03 08:18 PM Re: gmu 346
Hairy Ape Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rochester, Washington
I don't know where they get their information. Like I said before, wolves have been in the North Cascades for at least 15 years.

#76231 - 03/27/03 09:47 PM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

and do you have evidence to back that up?

I to have heard those stories of wolves up here in Whatcom county. Still never have read a report or seesn any document.
There have even been big-foot reports up here too or was that you running around the woods chasing the wolves.

After all, your a hairy ape.

#76232 - 03/28/03 02:36 AM Re: gmu 346
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
Quote:
Originally posted by Hairy Ape:
I don't know where they get their information. Like I said before, wolves have been in the North Cascades for at least 15 years.
It's possible, but a lot of people see coyotes and swear they're wolves. I once heard a guy claim that there were wolves living near his house on the Tulalip reservation.

#76233 - 03/28/03 12:11 PM Re: gmu 346
bri24 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton, WA
I have never heard of the state putting radio collar's on coyote's, they are more of a nuisace then anything. I dont know if it was some sort of a state of washington secret mission, but I seen the animals with my own two eye's so I know they are there. It would not be the first time the state has done something without alerting the public. what

#76234 - 03/28/03 12:22 PM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you are so adiment that is what you saw and the retired guy that was involved with it and you may have his phone number because of a teepee you were interested in. Do us all a favor and call the State Patrol and turn in this illegal activity

#76235 - 03/28/03 08:44 PM Re: gmu 346
Hairy Ape Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rochester, Washington
Drift Boat, no I don't have evidence. How would I have evidence unless I had shot one, which is what I almost did until I realized they weren't coyotes. I had one in the sights of my 357 Mag at about 50 yards for a couple of minutes, but decided I would rather not go to jail for killing an endangered species. My brother and I still didn't know for sure what they were. We just knew they weren't coyotes. Then a mile or two farther up the forest service road, we come to a trailhead and there's a sign posted there telling people of the presence of wolves in the area. That's when we knew for sure what we had seen. Tell me, why would they post that information about wolves at that trailhead if wolves did not exist in the area?

#76236 - 03/29/03 12:02 AM Re: gmu 346
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
DB,
What in the hell are you talking about? his illegal activity? You wanna fill me in. I don't care if anybody believes what I saw,I know the difference between a coyote and a wolf.If I had seen them at 3-400yds I can see maybe confusing the two.They ran across the road 20yds ahead of my truck. A big coyote MIGHT weigh 30lbs,these animals were bigger than my lab,she weighs almost 90. They weighed 110-115 if they weighed and oz.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#76237 - 03/29/03 01:04 AM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

The illegal activity I am refering to is the fact that these individuals are illegally transplanting animals.

#76238 - 03/29/03 10:53 AM Re: gmu 346
HBP Offline
Spawner

DB,
How do you know they're transplanting these wolves? If they are how, do you know they don't have permission? Hell...I don't even know if these guys were telling us the truth? All the guy said was,that he had just retired from the state of Wa,and he was in the transplant program. He didn't say he was personally responsible for releasing them.

It doesn't look like you're in favor of re-introducing wolves to Wa state. Are you afraid of the big,bad wolf? cry

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#76239 - 03/29/03 11:51 AM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Two conservation groups are calling on the federal government to restore gray wolves to Washington state, saying it's time to "hear the call of the wild again" on the Olympic Peninsula, in the Cascade Mountains and in the Blue Mountains of southeastern Washington.
Defenders of Wildlife and the Northwest Ecosystem Alliance said Wednesday that they have sent a petition to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, requesting that the agency restore and protect gray wolves under the Endangered Species Act.
Quote:
Joan Jewett, a spokeswoman for the Fish and Wildlife Service in Portland, said Wednesday that she had not seen the petition, but that the agency would review it upon receipt.
Quote:
Joan Jewett, a spokeswoman for the Fish and Wildlife Service in Portland, said Wednesday that she had not seen the petition, but that the agency would review it upon receipt.
Quote:
Two years ago, Defenders of Wildlife petitioned federal officials to restore the gray wolf to the Southern Rockies, and petitioned in April 2001 for restoration in California. Those petitions are pending.
Since its apparent you didnt read the article I posted, I went ahead and cut out some key parts for you to review. Will you also take note of the date it was published, do the math and hopefully you will figure out on your own that your camp buddies were circumventing the ESA approval process and doing some kind of reintruduction on there own.
If this is the case, one could only speculate that they were compensated to do this illegal activity by one of the Animal Rights group that wants reintroduction...

Sure glad you know that your in agreeance with this reintroduction. Maybe you should send those animal rights groups some money, because they will meet some overwelming resistance when they attempt to "officially" bring wolves to Washington.

If all your claims are true about what you witnessed,and keep in mind this is a Federal program, so this is most likely a federal crime and IMO you should report it so and not withold back.

Make the RIGHT choice and turn them in! or ya in kahoots whith them?
I will pass this thread along for review and see if there is in validity, but dont seem surprised if ya get a call laugh

#76240 - 03/29/03 10:41 PM Re: gmu 346
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
What are you a wannabe gamewarden. If they don't want to tell someone they seen a wolf that the game department already knows is there so be it. Did you miss the part about the sign stating that wolves are in the area. Hmmmm I wonder who put that sign up. Sure as heck wasn't someone doing illegal transplanting. You would probably call the cops if your mom didn't stop at a stop sign wouldn't you.
Maybe we need to mellow out a bit.

#76241 - 03/29/03 10:58 PM Re: gmu 346
HBP Offline
Spawner

DB,
Why wouldn't you be in favor of re-introduction? Are you afraid the wolves are gonna eat all "your" deer and elk? Are they gonna come down out of the hills and eat your kids? Do you have a single good reason to not be in favor of re-introduction?

Like I said I don't know these guys anymore than you do.They were in the spot we usually camp at so we camped next to them for a couple days. Again I'll say it,they could have been feeding us a line of B.S...I don't know.

I don't support any animal rights groups,but that's not to say they might do the right thing sometimes. I'm not going to send them any money,but I'd support this effort in a heartbeat. If wolves were native to a specific region,they absolutely,positively have a right to be there. I'm an avid hunter,and it's rather selfish to think that wolves shoudn't have a place in the ecosystem.

It's obvious you don't agree with the re-introduction of wolves. Now you think I'm in Kahoots with these guys. The only reason it would be a big fight to transplant wolves in this state,is because of close-minded individuals like you. All you can think of is how it's gonna impact you. mad

On another note, what's your opinion of bonking wild steelhead? I hope it's a catch and kill mentality,otherwise we may have a double standard on our hands. frown

#76242 - 03/29/03 11:55 PM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Well, Well,, seems that some panties are all knoted up!
Where to start?

GB,

First the sign, big deal! anyone could put that there. For what reason I have no idea, nor do I care, but if they want to notify everybody they are breaking the law more power to the Dumbass!
The fact remains this ia an
"Illegal Re-Introduction" plain and simple! Thats also called breaking the law!

You want to lable me a 'Wannabe" feel free to do what you please. The fact is, and lets please stick to them! he witnessed and spoke to somebody that stated they re-introduced these three wolves into this area and going from the above articles, circumvented any permit processing to legally do this.

HBP,

Please lets stick to the facts also,
WTF, does my C/R practices have to do with your apparent endorsement of these radical animal rights groups.

Lets get a couple of things straight, OK!

You know that wolf re-introduction just cant be willy nilly done, right? There is a process to follow, right?
You know that people or organizations that decide to not follow the process are acting illegally, right?
You spoke to these individuals for multiple days, you saw there vehicles, you even stated that you may have their phone nyumbers, even an idea what part of the state they reside, right?
Now that you know all of this and you NOW know they are breaking the law, dont you feel that you should make proper notification of the illegal act you witnessed?

I really think the WDFW wouldnt do something as stupid as this, especially after the Lynx fiasco last year. So rule them out! But do radical Animal Rights groups act outside the law? answer, Oh YES! So knowing that, one would have to maybe make an assumption your camp neighbors were working with an A/R organization.
So that is how I come to association that you are in kahoots with them and thus your apparent endorsement of illegal re-introduction of wildlife.

Let me ask you this, when you took your hunter safety course did they not mention, when you witness an illegal act you should make proper notification?

"Close Minded individuals Like You"
Bawahaha!

Dude, just follow the law!

#76243 - 03/30/03 12:05 AM Re: gmu 346
bri24 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton, WA
OH-BOY, this is getting good!!!!!!!!

HBP- thumbs

GLOWBALL- thumbs

DRIFTBOATER- cry

#76244 - 03/30/03 12:15 AM Re: gmu 346
HBP Offline
Spawner

DB,
O.K.....which one of these groups are responsible,the WDFW or the Animal rights activists? You've made mention it would only be the radicals,then in your next statement you say it could be the WDFW,which one is it?

I agree...the WDFW would do something this stupid!

I forgot to mention one important fact,I NEVER saw them release any wolves,you seem to think I did.

WTF do you think I ment when I said we may have a double standard here? You didn't answer the question,cause you know where I was going with it. Your deadset against wolves in our state,but I'll bet your all for making sure their are planty of native steelhead around. Why? Because they are native to the state and you think they should be here. Same goes for the wolves.

Your right,when I took hunter safety,they made mention of witnessing a violation,and to report it. I DIDN'T WITNESS A VIOLATION!

#76245 - 03/30/03 12:34 AM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good job there! You found a typo, I corrected it to "Wouldn't". If you read the content you would have seen that it was meant to be wouldnt.

I am glad you finally agreed that doing something like this (Illegal Re-introduction) is stupid! You show promise there young-un! Now do the right thing!

Bri,,,Is that all ya got? please bring something more than that!

#76246 - 03/30/03 01:06 AM Re: gmu 346
HBP Offline
Spawner

Yea Bri, where here argueing all night,and that'a all ya got.

#76247 - 03/30/03 01:21 AM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats not low down there HBP, going back on a post and adding questions making it look like I am trying to elude them,,

I would be more than happy to answer them if that was the topic at hand but its not!

Your accusing me of all sorts of stuff, dont really know what your trying to do.
All I am saying is that you stated you saw wolves in the wild with collars on them, spoke to an individual that stated he was involved with it and also you now know its illegal.
You stated details about this individual. Ph #, Name, residence, specific activities, etc. etc.

So if you do not want to do the right thing and report what you witnessed, thats your decision but it goes against what you stated here a few months ago. You made this statement on 1-28-03 have you changed your mind?

Quote:
You really don't think game laws and ethics go hand in hand? When I took hunters-ed in 1984 at the age of 9,it seems the instructors drilled this into us pretty heavily.

#76248 - 03/30/03 01:46 AM Re: gmu 346
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If you're out hunting or fishing and you havn't bothered to read or chose to ignore the law,too bad,you should be fined right out of hunting or fishing.
member when you said that HBP? I really like the part where you said Ignore, kinda ironic isnt it?

#76249 - 03/30/03 02:03 AM Re: gmu 346
HBP Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by HBP:
DB,
Why wouldn't you be in favor of re-introduction? Are you afraid the wolves are gonna eat all "your" deer and elk? Are they gonna come down out of the hills and eat your kids? Do you have a single good reason to not be in favor of re-introduction?

Like I said I don't know these guys anymore than you do.They were in the spot we usually camp at so we camped next to them for a couple days. Again I'll say it,they could have been feeding us a line of B.S...I don't know.

I don't support any animal rights groups,but that's not to say they might do the right thing sometimes. I'm not going to send them any money,but I'd support this effort in a heartbeat. If wolves were native to a specific region,they absolutely,positively have a right to be there. I'm an avid hunter,and it's rather selfish to think that wolves shoudn't have a place in the ecosystem.

It's obvious you don't agree with the re-introduction of wolves. Now you think I'm in Kahoots with these guys. The only reason it would be a big fight to transplant wolves in this state,is because of close-minded individuals like you. All you can think of is how it's gonna impact you. mad

On another note, what's your opinion of bonking wild steelhead? I hope it's a catch and kill mentality,otherwise we may have a double standard on our hands. frown

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1107 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645292 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |