LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76258 - 03/22/03 09:32 AM Thank you to all those who helped/attended!
Robert J. Offline
Alevin

I wanted to extend my thank you to all those who attended or helped with the Sportsman's Day in Olympia.

You helped make it the success it was! We had a group of 40 people show to support consumptive users in WA. We had the peace protesters actually wanting to learn more information (education on our issues is the key to winning decisive legislative battles), we got the chance to educate a couple teachers and their students (they were there for a field trip and had a great question/answer session with us), we got to talk to some legislators as well as their aides. There was a presentation after the rally by Ed Owens describing how the actions of sportsmen in this state have essentially killed a couple bills in the legislature. Your involvement is critical! Just a couple emails a month to show your district legislators you support the issues of sportsmen can make all the difference in the world!

For those of you who could not attend, I would like to extend the invitation for next year. You missed out on a fun day. Representation from other aspects of hunting and fishing were in dire need (we had 3 speakers unable to make the rally due to developments in the Iraq saga). Next year we will not have to contend with the peace protesters smile

Thank you for all your help and I look forward to having more with us next year!

Robert

#76259 - 03/25/03 09:56 AM Re: Thank you to all those who helped/attended!
Hog King Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Sorry that I could not make it to Olympia for the rally. Couldn't get away from work.

My "Thanks" to everyone that attended.

Hopefully next year.

Get The US Out of the UN and the UN out of the US

#76260 - 03/26/03 12:22 AM Re: Thank you to all those who helped/attended!
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a blast! Cant wait till next year!

Spent the day in Olympia again today, there was still a buzz going on. I really think we started to lay the framwork to change perception on how the sportsmen are viewed.

Did get confirmation on a speaker for next year. One of our State Representatives.

Guys this rally is for the average "joe" to get involved and do something positive for what they hold dear. It's easy, it really is!

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1070 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |