Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76455 - 04/24/03 09:00 PM Peta revisited
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76456 - 04/24/03 09:37 PM Re: Peta revisited
Josh Offline
Smolt

Loc: Forks
Chappy~
You asked what would happen if a hiker came along a bear feeding on one of our bait sets. Well here's my question. What WOULD happen? How could it be any different than if the hiker walked upon the bear feeding on those bearries that you were talking about? More than likely the bear would either keep eating, or run away. As far as I have seen, your points have all been replied with some really good rebuttles that pretty much shoot down your ideas. I'm also curious on why the things you do ("ethical hunting" and "ethical fishing") are SO much better than the things that you don't do. In my opinion it's all a matter of you being uninformed, which was proved when you helped organize I-713.

#76457 - 04/25/03 06:02 PM Re: Peta revisited
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome Job Dogfish!

I am so glad you got this thread still. Cant wait to hear Chumpy's replies!

CWU,,

I'll be in the canyon untill Saturday noon.. Come on down and meet Cody!

#76458 - 04/25/03 10:57 PM Re: Peta revisited
Josh Offline
Smolt

Driftboaters~
What did Dogfish say? I can't seem to find it confused

Josh

#76459 - 04/26/03 02:21 AM Re: Peta revisited
Josh Offline
Smolt

oops. nevermind

#76460 - 04/28/03 11:14 PM Re: Peta revisited
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville
iam getting in to this a little late but that never stops me. Chappy I still don't understand your statment about wolves and bears. They dont eat cats. (well the big ones anyhow). I dont know about washignton becouse I have only been here for a year ,but in my home woods of northern californa we have a lot of bears and a lot of cougar which I like. There great animals. The we have always had a large population of both but know that peta and the serria club have had the hunting stopped you can hardly take a piss in the wood with out pissing one off. The problem with both is different and yet the same so lets talk about one at a time. Bears . bears in cal. that raid house's and camps are not dealt with in the right way. The animal are relocated into the higher mountians were they are not a problem to any one. Thats what they tell use anyhow. the truth is that the bears are back in a week. there are two things happening that relocation does nothing about. The first is learned behavior. mommy bear teaches baby bear how to raid trash cans and destroy what ever they have too to get to food. I have seen car doors ripped open , truck canapies tore off and house ransaked. moving the bears to the mountians does no good becouse of the second thing. THERE ARE TOO MANY BEARS. sorry for the caps but i had to get my point across.thier are too many bears in the woods for the woods to support. and their is not enought room for them. in the old days we kept the population down by hunting and we kept the training of junior down by shooting mommy before she had a chance to teach the little tyke. today under no condition what so ever will the state shoot a problem bear. its the fault of the humans for leaving food out where the bears can get it. in the case of a friend that was the front seat of his locked truck in his damm drive way....!!!!!!. now for the cougers , I look at the big cats in a different light becouse bears ,problem that they are , have not killed someone in a long time. cats have and not very long ago either. The number of cat attacks are going up and the petas of the world always say the same thing . that we are moving in on them. The problem is that the attacks are not happening in newly delevoped areas or camping areas but in areas that have had homes in them for years. Why ? becouse the population of cats has out grown the wild areas and the younger cats are being forced in to urban areas. when I was still living in placerville ca.(look it up) i was in the propane field so I got to talk to a lot of people around the county on a daily basic. not a day went by that I did not here about a cat being seen or ran off. and not a week went by that a cat did not kill some ones cattle, dogs, goats or sheep. and not a month went by that a cat did not chase some one. you are thinking that if it was so bad why have we not heard about it. Two reasons really. one the papers in sac will not print stories about problem cats becouse they support no hunting and peta. over half of their staff belong to the serria club. if you think the seattle post is bad you have not seen bad.The second reason is that if you report a problem cat you will either be told there is nothing that can be done or a trapper will cost you the bigg bucks. yes you can get a permit to shoot it your self after the fifth time it kills some thing. but by then you are out of goats so why bother. instead what is happening is that people are praticing the 3 s's of couger managment . shoot , shovel, shut up. why should people live in fear of being aressted for managinig a problem population that the state has chosen not to so people in the bay area cant feel good about them selves??? The leader of the group that got hunting banned in cal. (iforgot his name sorry) said that even if kids started to get attacked that it would not be a reason to control the population. In the 80s a women was jogging and was attacked, killed and eatten by a cat in the foot hills near placerville. the cat was killed and the kittens where put in the folsom zoo. the sign on their cage reads that the mother was killed becouse some people believed that she may be a danger to humans. This statement is not only a lie. but leads people to think that some bad person shot the cat becouse he thought it might be a danger when in fact it killed some one and eat her. score one up for the p.c. bergade. Tom beathead

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |