LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76809 - 09/05/03 01:44 PM wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Loc: Rowers Seat
Has anyone heard that if you were drawn for a permit that you are going to be able to hunt in your unit! but for the guys that didn't draw a permit we are left holding there D!ck in there hand! What kind of BS is that. This all purtains to the St. Helens tree farm area. They say the woods are to dry to be open. Now all of a sudden the woods are ok for everyone that drew a permit, but still to dry for everyone else!! BULLSH!T!!!! My feeling is what's good for some is and should be good for all. I'm sure there are lots of other hunters that agree with me on this one. I wish there was a way for all the non-permit holders to get together next year and protest by not purchasing a tag & license. That would really put a kink in the wdfw budget. As far as i'm concerned the $$$$$$ generated is not being used afficiently.

P.S. I know this because one of my buddies was drawn for Toutle. They sent him a letter in the mail outlining most of what i have said. They will be given a key to come and go as they please. The gates will be manned from 6-9 am and 7-9 pm by the wdfw. Way to go wdfw screw & piss off the majority of the hunters just to make a few lucky ones happy!!!

#76810 - 09/05/03 03:21 PM Re: wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
Hairy Ape Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rochester, Washington
That does surprise me in a way, but that has been an ongoing problem, and at least they are letting the permit holders hunt, and I think that's fair. You can't blame the WDFW....that is all Weyerhaeuser land, and they are who has the control over whether it is open or not. Last year I drew an archery bull elk permit for the Toutle and was unable to hunt, not even by walking in. The WDFW was nice enough to restore my points though, so I now have 7 points, and I thought that was fair enough. They can't control the weather, or the private timber companies. But somehow they got Weyerhaeuser to let some hunters in to hunt this year, and that is good. They are doing a good job, let's not bad mouth them.

#76811 - 09/05/03 06:08 PM Re: wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#76812 - 09/05/03 11:07 PM Re: wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
If the woods are too dry for the folks without permits its just as dry for those with permits.

#76813 - 09/06/03 12:48 AM Re: wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
TRAUT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: HIDING
Pray for rain, guys. Supposed to start getting a little wet stuff next week. Hope for the best

#76814 - 09/06/03 03:25 AM Re: wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Fishhamster,

At least they are letting some folks in. Fewer people = fewer chances of a wildfire. Then again, it only takes one match.

If that doesn't piss you off enough wink , it looks like Fisherdan and myself will have chances at two elk tags this year. It seems that a number of the AHE hunts were undersubscribed and about 80 tags went unclaimed. Dan's got one elk down and has applied for a number of hunts, and if I draw the right second tag I could theorhetically shoot 2 elk on the same day from the same spot from the same herd. Hmmmmmm.......

The WFDW is doing things just fine by me. Play the game and use the rules to your advantage. I am glad they are letting folks with tags hunt, because 5 years ago I drew a ML tag in the Satsop unit early season and couldn't hunt on all of the Simpson or Port Blakely land. Thankfully there was a long late season, and I got a nice deer anyway.

Take care, and I hope you get a deer, and an elk this year.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76815 - 09/09/03 10:07 PM Re: wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Weyerhause reopened their proprty today.For more info call their hotline.Listen to the message then press #2
1-866-636-6531

#76816 - 09/09/03 10:52 PM Re: wdfw suck the big one!!!!!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Thanks HuntnFish for the heads up!

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |