LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76847 - 09/11/03 09:26 PM Gun shop - legal move?
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA
Alright guys... I am at my wits end with a situation that's going on. I'm hoping someone can help me out or tell me if I'm being unreasonable.

Anyway, in July my dad ordered a gun from Beretta from a local gunshop for me. The shop got the gun in about 4 weeks ago. My father went to pick it up and unfortunately the gun had a large rub in the blueing on the barrels. So, he refused to accept it and had them send it back to Beretta, which didn't seem like a problem at the time.

Now the gun shop is avoiding his calls and just today the manager says they have confirmation that Beretta has the gun but they have no idea when the gun will ever be shipped back and can't get any answers from Beretta or even the regional dealer.

At this point, my dad wants to cancel the order. The shop refuses saying that my dad bought the gun, end of story. But delievery has not taken place, so how can we own it?

I really don't want to say which shop, but it is very well respected.

So what do we do? There's no gun, no forseeable time which the gun will appear, they've been paid... is small claims court next?

#76848 - 09/11/03 10:24 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Is there a way to contact berreta and let them know how there dealer is treating its customer. Sometimes going straight to the top is the only way to get what you want. You can also call the shop and tell them you will be contacting the attorney general if they don't get a gun in your hands soon.

#76849 - 09/11/03 11:00 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
If your dad wants to just cancel the order and he paid with a credit card, just have him contact his card company to dispute the charges.

It will take no time at all for him to get a credit back on his card but alas, you will be without your brand new purdy gun for opening day. frown

#76850 - 09/11/03 11:02 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
If he payed with a credit card he can stop the payment or contest the bill.(something like that)Then order from somebody else.

Glowballs suggestion sounds pretty good too.

#76851 - 09/11/03 11:23 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Judge Judy

#76852 - 09/11/03 11:29 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Another option for 'ya if you just can not shoot a pheasent with one of your lesser guns...

Contact Berreta...if the repair takes place within the Country (which is typical of high-end merchandise that is built overseas aside from Korea, China etc. etc.), ask if you can have the sell transfered to another dealer and offer to pay any extra shipping costs (overnight delivery etc. etc.).

Also find out what Berreta's policy regarding selling direct is, maybe there is some way you can weasel them into selling you the gun direct.

Next, find out who the local sales rep for Berreta is and contact them. Be nice but be to the point with the rep and let them know how a certain dealer treated you. Alot of times, they can pull strings that no one else can.

Just some thoughts...

#76853 - 09/12/03 12:42 AM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
contact berretta,gotta think a company like this would give you some satisfaction one way or the other

#76854 - 09/12/03 01:14 AM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Sparkey, I thought shops in Bellevue were suppose to offer superior service?? confused

I hadn't thought about whether he paid with credit or not, but I'm assuming he did. He told the shop today that they had until Monday to have a delievery date or something else would have to be worked out. Hopefully it won't come to cancelling it through the credit card company.

Another thing that burns me about the situation is that when the gun came in the first time, my dad made sure to ask the manager to look it over before he came in. My dad lives in Sumner and the shop is in Bellevue, so he didn't want to go up there for nothing... He said it was "perfect" but it took my dad all of 2 seconds to see the large imperfection.

Beretta is an Italian company, but I know my gun wasn't sent to Italy. I think I'll contact them through Berettausa.com and try to see what I can get accomplished.

At this point it really doesn't matter if I have the gun or not because there's not enough time before the season to have it sized. So I really won't be that disappointed if the order is cancelled. After the hassle, I'm not sure I want to go through that shop or get a Beretta.

#76855 - 09/12/03 01:33 AM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Your dad can borrow my Mossberg. wink

It has killed ducks, deer, geese, elk, pheasants, grouse, quail, chukar, coyotes, barn pigeons, starlings, crows,........ well........ you get idea.

Oh yeah, and if he scratches it, no problem, I'll just put another coat of camo paint on it.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76856 - 09/12/03 11:59 AM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Dogfish, not funny!!

I do have other shotguns and will continue use my 12g Ithaca-SKB model 500 O/U until I can get my new gun.

I know I put my share of knicks and rubs on my guns every year, but I was not about to accept a new gun (my first EVER new gun) that was already damaged.

#76857 - 09/14/03 10:28 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Sorry, just pulling your chain. laugh

BerettaUSA sounds like the place to start. Hopefully Wade will come through.

Let us know.

BTW, I have an H&R 10 ga you could borrow, as well. wink

#76858 - 09/15/03 04:15 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
I remember a couple of years ago trying to order some 12 gauge shells through Wade's.

Boy, that was an exercise in futility and I finally told them to keep the ones they came up with.

It's not the place I'd recommend anyone to go to as their customer service is lukewarm and not to the level they say they provide.

#76859 - 09/15/03 05:15 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Well, Berettausa.com doesn't provide any way to really email the company, so I called them up. I didn't get an answer and when it connects to the voicemail it says the box is full...

And worse news, my father did not pay with a credit card. cry

Bill, I'm having the same experience with Wades. I would have gone through the shop you recomended, but it was too far for my dad to get to in a reasonable amount of time. In retrospect, a little extra time on the road wouldn't have been a bad idea....

#76860 - 09/15/03 11:00 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
CWU, here is the email address for Berreta usa, email@berettausa.com This might help. Here is the link to the contacts page. berettausa.com/contact

Good luck and hope you get this resolved.

#76861 - 09/16/03 01:31 AM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

What about trying Kesselring's? They have a great selection, and carry many upscale guns.

#76862 - 09/16/03 11:41 AM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
CWU,
Good luck dealing with Berretta servive. I bought a Beretta 686 the bottom barrel quit firing on the first box of shells. Returned gun to service took 3 months to get it back. After getting it back the ejector broke on maybe my forth box of shells. Back to service again for closer to four months this time. When I got it back I never shot it but sold it and bought a Ruger Red Label .I cant tell you how Rugers service is because the gun has never failed.
And Its been my experiance that most gun shops wont take returns on special order guns.
Hope you have better luck with Beretta than I did.

#76863 - 09/16/03 02:00 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Sorry to hear about your situation CWU. Sad part is I knew it was Wades before the name was posted. Their rep isn't the most solid around, and by the end of this thread will most likely be worse. Hopefully they step up and take care of you. Please post the results either way. You may want to let them know that the entire BB that is centered in this general area is watching.

FYI, I always make the drive to Kesselring's. Had an issue with the stock on my rifle. They immediately fixed it and were incredibly polite and helpful.

Good luck,

PD

#76864 - 09/17/03 01:48 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

I finally have good news in the situation. Beretta shipped the gun back to Wades so I should have it in the next few days.

Apparently they replaced it instead of repairing it. I guess it takes more than a month for them to decide that. rolleyes At this point, I'm just happy I'll have it.

Will I do business with Wades again? H#ll no!

Would I buy Beretta again? Maybe, I'll decide after I see and shoot my gun.

#76865 - 09/20/03 09:32 PM Re: Gun shop - legal move?
BratBonker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell WA
What kind of Beretta is it? I got a 391 20guage and my dad got a 391 in 20 and 12. I also shoot an Ithaca except mine is a 20guage pump, model 37. My dad is also getting 2 SIlver Pigeon 4's Over and Unders in 20 and 12 guage. Mine shoots great, got to use it on some Dove in Yuma this past year.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1040 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645363 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |