Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76889 - 09/22/03 07:41 PM Malaga Cow Permit
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
I was fortunate enough to get drawn for a cow permit in an area near Wenatchee and was wondering if any of you had any info on the unit. It is the Malaga unit and I got drawn for the tag open from November through January. I put in for it because a good friend of mine had hunted it for many years and was going to help me out. He has since been ill and in the hospital and I don't expect him to be able to make the trip so I figured I would put out feelers to see if I could get any tips from the board.

The Malaga unit is pretty low in elevation. I assume that it's mostly a weather dependent hunt with the storms pushing the elk off the top of the Quilomene and down towards the river. Any idea what kind of access there is? I've ordered maps of the area and have tried to contact the Clockum area manager to get some help as well.

Thanks in advance...

#76890 - 09/23/03 12:18 AM Re: Malaga Cow Permit
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
My only experience with the Malaga unit is that I found a sign for it as I was headed down from the Colockum Pass road exploring last year. If the Malaga unit contains any part of the area known as West Bar, unit 330, you will want to hunt down there, closer to the river.

I have hunted the Quilomene for a number of years, so I know most of it, and I remember seeing a fair amount of elk down there in the sagebrush.

Have fun!

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76891 - 09/23/03 11:42 AM Re: Malaga Cow Permit
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Call the local game agency in Wenatchee too. Phone # 509-662-0452. My dad got the same tag this year. Also, a kid working in my shop had it last year and he didn't have much of a problem finding a cow. I live right next to the area but I hunt elsewhere. I Hope this helps.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1107 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645292 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |