LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76926 - 09/30/03 09:01 PM Know of any nice bulls?
kid#10 Offline
Alevin

Westside muzzleloader elk opens Sat. and I have been so busy this fall I have zero hours of scouting time, as compared to my usual 30-40 hours. Of course I have some of my old hunts, but sometimes they're there and sometimes they're not. If anyone knows of some elk and wants to share info or hunt together I'm quite good with a call and have taken some nice bulls over the years. Oh, by the way I just got home from fishing and have a couple hundred pounds of line caught same day vacuum packed salmon for any help. C'mon Globall I know you know where some are. moose

#76927 - 09/30/03 10:13 PM Re: Know of any nice bulls?
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Glowball is nothing less then entirely supportive when it comes to fellow hunters, and is a great source!

For muzzleloaders, I'd also suggest e-mailing Dogfish, as he seems to be a LIBRARY on anything that has to do with muzzleloading, and has steered me (thankfully) away from a disaster in buying my first blackshooter.

Good luck and post some pics of your kill!

Curtis

#76928 - 09/30/03 11:16 PM Re: Know of any nice bulls?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Someone has sent you a private message. Good luck and I hope that helps ya.

Glow

#76929 - 10/01/03 02:33 AM Re: Know of any nice bulls?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I'm hunting modern for elk this year, but my elk are on private property and my cow tag isn't until January. You don't get a shot at my bull 'til after I mess it up. wink We have a few marked, nothing special, just a couple of raghorns. Hopefully we can put two in the trailer in the same day. We have done that with cows, but not bulls, yet.

I'm going to do a bit of scouting tomorrow down in my tag area, but I might suggest heading down to the Naselle area. I always see them there, but you have to know someone for the private property animals. There is a bit of public land down there.

Finally, I suggest getting your AHE Master Hunter certification. There is a unit in Eastern Washington that is open for 7 months for cows. The herd needs a bit of thinning, and you can't eat the horns.

Good luck!

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76930 - 10/01/03 10:23 PM Re: Know of any nice bulls?
kid#10 Offline
Alevin

Thanks for the tips Dogfish and good luck on your hunts, let me know if you have some leftover elk hanging around in your rifle areas for late muzzle if I don't score early. wink

#76931 - 10/01/03 10:43 PM Re: Know of any nice bulls?
kid#10 Offline
Alevin

Glowball, Thanks for the PM and you have one too.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |