Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#770532 - 07/05/12 08:09 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

another thing Twitch, you are spot on with that... all of my cats go after my gear, i have pulled rods out, had them ready to go, go away for a second, only to find that the cat bit the line in half at the reel... our youngest cat (2) when he was younger, bit and broke the inserts out of 2 eyes on one of my rods, now i keep them all locked in a small closet in the hall, and litterally cant even take them out untill im about to go put them in the car... so i end up having to either tie everything up, and put them back for a few minutes, or tie up at the river (something i dont like doing, i like to be ready when i arrive)... its almost as bad as having toddlers run around the house...

#770539 - 07/05/12 08:19 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

RH, did you buy him a catnip plant?

- Albert Einstein.

#770542 - 07/05/12 08:21 PM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

nah, not yet, we have some dried, but this cat is weird with that stuff, all the other cats like it, but Kitters will piss on it lol... i think its his way of messing with the other ones not sure... if i can find a nursery that carries it, id grab one, but i do have some seeds i can plant, that will obviously take a while tho.... ill make some calls around...

#770544 - 07/05/12 08:23 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

actually its 6 cats, one bad [Bleeeeep!] dog, and a toddler that will beat the everlovin sh!t out of you that lives in a house full of fishing gear and fishes in Washington state more than you could ever dream of...

get your facts straight...

#770545 - 07/05/12 08:26 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Some cats don't have the catnip gene, others get stoned. rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#770546 - 07/05/12 08:28 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Post a pic of your 130 pounder.

- Albert Einstein.

#770548 - 07/05/12 08:31 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Aboob never got his GED or H.S diploma. rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#770550 - 07/05/12 08:42 PM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

the dog isnt very photogenic, and doesnt want anything to do with this, but heres a pic i just took

he weighed in at 126 the last time he was at the vet..... over 6 years ago... he is still in the 120-130 range tho...

and this is the youngest cat, the one that likes to destroy your fishing rods, after fishing once, me and my brother came home, and my brother put his Loomis and Certified Pro against the wall, and that cat was on it in seconds, going straight for the eyes... gotta watch it with him...

#770551 - 07/05/12 08:47 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

and this is the bada$$ of the palace, he weighs in at a small 22-25 pounds, has never lost a fight since, well, never, and noone even messes with him anymore...

his name is Squirt, and was my dads and ours cat, but my dad really liked him...

#770561 - 07/05/12 09:19 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

He's a big Boy! laugh

- Albert Einstein.

#770566 - 07/05/12 09:44 PM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

yeah hes a big bone head too... been a very good dog tho, he is now 14, and i know its just a matter of time... that one is gonna kill me.... but its life... he was attacked by 5 other dogs made it through that, ate the gorrila glue, made it through that, fights 27.3 pound Opossums, would probably screw a Coyote to death, dont know about a Raccoon, that may be his demise, but the Raccoons dont come in the back yard where he is, they will come in the front, so maybe they know something...

i have to keep him chained up in the yard, as we dont have a fence as of right now, and has broken 6 "aircraft grade" (bullsh!t, but still extremely strong) cables going after cats and yes, Opossums in the 6 years we have been here, and 2 large high grade hooks...

one time, i was outside when it happened, one of the strays was messing with him it looked like, the cables have been anywhere from 30ft to 50ft, that time, it was 50 i think, a real expensive one too, he got about 30 feet extra running room as there was a loop in the line, saw the cat, and bolted, POW, didnt even stop a stride, goes another 70 feet gaining on the cat, and the cat went under a hole in the neighbors house, and him being a bone head and laser targeting the cat wasnt paying attention to the side of the house, and POW slammed right into it... didnt phase him one bit, well, yeah right lol, but he played it off...

i dare someone to break into this house when im not home... you wont know where hes at, and when you do, its gonna be way too late....

#770572 - 07/05/12 09:56 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

You need to fix the fence and get him off the chain.

- Albert Einstein.

#770574 - 07/05/12 10:04 PM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

we never had a fence, i have to build one, not a problem, but after 1600 for a cat, its not happening tommorow, just hasnt been nessecary... i also cant just build a cheap one, he will get through it, he did at our old house with a 6 foot cedar fence that was 1x6 A grade cedar.... this dog deffinately "uses his head", but more for ramming purposes than intellectual purposes... hes not bothered by the cable.. we bring him in all the time (rainy, cold, at night ect), take him for walks and such, i still throw snowballs at him, and he bites them in his mouth lol... hes a good dog... has complete free reign of the yard as well... there is alot of little kids around here, and im not going to be one of those "people" that dont know what the hell they are doing...

he likely wouldnt, but im not taking a chance, i dont even let him around my 5 year old nephew, because things happen, and its not happening on my watch.... ive been attacked, and its not fun...

#770576 - 07/05/12 10:08 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

yeah, we both would kick the sh!t out of you...

#770580 - 07/05/12 10:17 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

im not angry, im happy, just merely stating facts... thumbs

#770584 - 07/05/12 10:56 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
RH...they make wireless collars now. No need even for a wire in/on the ground. Works on my two. A kennel is better than a chain as well. Can usually find one on ebay. Just a couple of thoughts is all.

http://www.petsafe.net/products/fencing-and-containment

#770586 - 07/05/12 11:15 PM Re: great... [Re: ParaLeaks]
redhook
Unregistered

im not putting him in a kennel, with the setup i have, he has total coverage of the back yard, in a 60ft raidus... i play with him outside, inside, when ever he wants to play "ball" or whatever... hes happy.. i have thought about the wireless and wired collar systems, but he would likely run until out of range, thats how he is...the cable is light as well (just under 1/4 inch probably)and it just stops him (usually lol) im not the type of person that puts huge chains on their pitbulls so it looks cool... its hard on their neck, and stupid... a 30 foot cable like i use, even the 50s, are around 4 pounds or so total weight...

if i end up getting a new dog, after he passes, i will go the collar route...

#770598 - 07/06/12 12:42 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
well, when you get around to it, you may want to consider the wired one....it's cheaper and you can shape it to your yard. Just a thought..
Any change with your cat?

#770621 - 07/06/12 02:15 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Dogs are different animals when chained or leashed.

- Albert Einstein.

#770622 - 07/06/12 02:25 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

its not the chain, cable, whatever, its how you train your dog in the first place.. that "run" is fence parts for me, Tye would go under it... he is not viscous unless you pose a threat, or are a cat.... i dont have kids, and he wasnt trained to be around kids, so he stays away....

the older cats we have, actually sleep with him outside, its the strays, and he KNOWS the strays...

hes good, and perfectly taken care of, you can ask his big a$$ that and he will tell you the same wink

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 344 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |