Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#771419 - 07/09/12 05:20 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i have read reviews on this vet, and a TON of them, are about being ripped off, some about mis diagnosis, paying for things that werent nessecary, and or werent even done, ect...

so, i called another one, that had only GOOD reviews to say about it, and its just down the street...

it will be 45 dollars for the exam, all paperwork and Xray images from the other vet will be obtained, and they will go over them, this is now ANOTHER vet, that has said the same thing "it doesnt make sense"...

the first vet was affiliated with the one that took all the money, they reffered us to them...

why sell flea and tick medication to a person, then tell them to bring the cat in 3 hours later to be put down? doesnt make sense

how do you call me at 10pm at night, say that you have spotted a foreign object that is ring like, that is in his stomach, and he needs surgery to remove it, that it will be 1000 dollars, and i say contact me in the morning, and we will go from there, then calling 8 hours later saying that the object is now in his small intestines, an you are tracking it as its going into the colon and that he will be OK, while saying he DOESNT have cancer during the previous conversation, to the next visit, saying that he "possibly" has cancer and that thousands more are needed? ZERO SENSE..

complimentary means FREE, not 71 dollars.. ZERO SENSE

this other vet just needs all medical records, and has good reviews, so i will give them the last opinion... all the records and Xrays can be faxed, and we can go from there...

he was already tested for cancer, the test came back negative, a CT scan would have shown a Mass, it would have been SEEN, not "suspected"...

if this vet says to put him down, that will be the final... IF this vet successfully removes a foreign object, and the cat gets better, i will sue the ever loving sh!t out of SVH... every single time i talk to a smaller vet, and tell them whats going on, each and every person is dumbfounded by what has been going on... it makes ZERO sense...

its either 100% (not "possibly" or "suspected") that he has cancer, that he tested negative for, or he has a foreign object, that they found on an Xray, and tracked through his system... at CT scan would have showed a mass, not a suspected mass, there is no possible in that... an Xray will show a dense object, such as bone, plastic, metal, ect, which it did, and they supposedly tracked it...

with all the paper work being sent over, we will have a chance to see it for ourselves, they havent shown us anything, just said it over the phone...

so i will see what these people have to say, this will be the end of this...

also, my GF said that he had cat litter on him this morning, this other vet and i at the same damn time, said "hes trying to go to the bathroom"... if he cant, there is a blockage obviously.... and if i was taken for a ride by SVH, they took the wrong person, and will pay....

#771440 - 07/09/12 05:48 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Is it not possible that the CT showed a mass that the Vet suspected could be cancer. The cat test negative for cancer via some blood test but still has the mass? Maybe the mass is non-cancerous but still life threatening (like by causing an obstruction) or is it possible to not rule out the cancer until you have an actual bioposy of the mass? I am no vet but have worked in the medical field for 22 years and know that with humans not all cancers are DX with a blood test, alot of them you have to actually do a bioposy of the tissue to make a 100% DX.

#771445 - 07/09/12 05:51 PM Re: great... [Re: gvbest]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I try to read reviews BEFORE I go somewhere for products and/or services.

Hope this helps.............

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#771449 - 07/09/12 06:01 PM Re: great... [Re: gvbest]
redhook
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: gvbest
Is it not possible that the CT showed a mass that the Vet suspected could be cancer. The cat test negative for cancer via some blood test but still has the mass? Maybe the mass is non-cancerous but still life threatening (like by causing an obstruction) or is it possible to not rule out the cancer until you have an actual bioposy of the mass? I am no vet but have worked in the medical field for 22 years and know that with humans not all cancers are DX with a blood test, alot of them you have to actually do a bioposy of the tissue to make a 100% DX.

i dont know GV, im not a vet either, but have plenty of my fathers and grandfathers anatomy and other books about animals, mainly dogs, and cats... im not completely uninformed...

my GF is in school for her nursing degree, and last quarter had to dissect, of all things, cats for study... she isnt uninformed either.... she also knows how to read Xrays and CT scans somewhat, they dont know any of this..

she got to see the CT scan last night, and they said in his stomach, there was water, and "little stars"... well what the hell does dry catfood look like? little stars... if he isnt crapping, it wouldnt go through, it would stay in his stomach, or he would puke it out eventually... which he has on occasion....

my problem, is the tests came back negative, and they found a foreign object, and they tracked it all the way into his colon, which still hasnt come out... ok, so where the hell is it then? they said they were watching it, and it was 100% a foreign object, and that he was going to be OK....

betcha if i walked down there with 10 grand cash they would fix him up right quick, and he would live another 8+ years....

none of what they have said makes sense, and 2 other vets not affiliated with them, said the exact same thing... if this vet says its cancer, which should be able to be read off the bat, or takes a CT scan, and finds a mass, we will go from there, i just dont see how its 100% one thing, and not cancer, to oh, its cancer, well, were the fvck is the object you were tracking then? that we paid how much in Xrays to have you watch? that you said will come out?

#771451 - 07/09/12 06:05 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

this same type of crap happened with my father... he went into the hospital having a heart attack, they talked, blah blah blah, then said we should start thinking about having him transported to the UW heart place, to have an immeadiate heart transplant, there is NO THINKING about something like that, so i asked, will he be airlifted? no, he will go by ambulance, if i remember right, they had him lined up to go, and everything was ready....

they didnt send him....

and now hes dead....

#771458 - 07/09/12 06:26 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I'm sorry about your father. He obviously meant the world to you. That said, it is odd how often you bring him up. Perhaps channeling some of that free-flowing $ into a councelor would be a good investment?

#771460 - 07/09/12 06:37 PM Re: great... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
redhook
Unregistered

there isnt any free flowing money AP, infact, im about toast... but its summer, so more can be made, its just money right?

i went to counseling, on my own desicion, it did nothing for me... that cost me a ton too, but, its just money...

my counseling is fishing, and this is taking its toll on being able to do that as well...

3 more weeks, and the river near me opens up, and im only 10 minutes or so away... so i will be able to "get away" from it all... or atleast try to...

and yes, he did mean the world to me, he was my dad, my boss, and most of all, my friend....

#771461 - 07/09/12 06:42 PM Re: great... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
RH

There is nothing tougher than putting down a loved pet. All I can say is do what you honestly feel is best for the cat. My vet once said that when my old dog would not eat and did not seem happy to see people it was time. It a VERY hard decision but I'm sure you will know what's right. This really sucks. So sorry guy.

#771466 - 07/09/12 07:05 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
It's been 5 years and 2 kids for the couple that I hitched. . .. . time will tell. .. .

Hank, you need to screen your prospects better. ..

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#771468 - 07/09/12 07:10 PM Re: great... [Re: FishRanger]
redhook
Unregistered

wierd...

he just got up off his bead, walked to the litter box, got in, and pissed... then walked back out, and is chillin on the floor (its kinda hot in the house, all the cats are sprawled out)....

does a sick cat with cancer get up and use the litter box?

we cant get him into the new vet tonight, he will go tommorow after my GF gets back from morning class...

that was also the first time anyone has seen him use the litter box in a week...

still not going to be all happy, as it still isnt known whats going on, but its a positive... just hope it keeps improving...

#771516 - 07/09/12 10:21 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Maybe they were considering dropping a building/barn on you, Stam.

#771529 - 07/09/12 10:45 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: FishPrince
So what diploma mill did you get those from?

I was ordained from the Universal Life Church in 1999.

I received my Doctorate of Divinity from the Universal Life Church in 2003. At the time, the Church was willing to honor me with the degree after a healthy "donation" to the Church. Hey, $25 goes a long way! I see today where the minimum donation for such a degree has risen to $32. rofl

The best part is that I got my Doctorate 2 weeks before my wife earned her PhD at the U of W....and it only cost me $25 and a lifetime of grief from Mrs. Dr. Parker. rofl

I have performed four wedding ceremonies, including one for Stam's daughter. beer

All of the couples have kids now and are still happily married.

thumbs

Originally Posted By: redhook
does a sick cat with cancer get up and use the litter box?

They do if they gotta take a leak!

#771540 - 07/09/12 11:10 PM Re: great... [Re: The Moderator]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

What I've learned from this thread is that I have poor reading comprehension and wouldn't know a piscatard if I read its posts.

#771561 - 07/09/12 11:58 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
inb4clive
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: blue water pro
Oh my Rh what a weird turn & yeah I would be mad to at the turn of things. Hope the new vet can get your cat well. Seems to me he swallowed something - that makes more sense than anything else.

Here is my history on putting animals to sleep - just a FYI. 1st dog I put to sleep was Ben, he was probably about 13, Oct 31st. Took him late night to er & they said he had a heart attack & was in congestive heart failure. He screamed the entire drive. They recommended I put him down - I did - vet was very sympathetic & nice. People I know / knew said never listen to that advice - they could've cured him, you should've brought him home & etc. etc. So next super sick pet was Lizzy our cat - didn't put her down - she died naturally at home & IT WAS THE WORST! My friend warned me about it - said you don't want to see that! Poor thing suffered but worse than that she some how thought I was her enemy at the end & gosh NOT so - just freaked out I guess & death is hard to face - I guess.

Put my 18 yr old cat to sleep & it was a big relief, he was supposed to be on IVs prescribed by the vet but he hated them so - I let him have his time in the sun on the deck & then when he was too sick put him to sleep. He hung on for sometime.

Gotta say though every pet before they left me did something weird like you said your cat did - strange look - even Max before he became a pancake in the road - last seen - weird look - looked sad.

Anyways - SO sorry - hope it works out 4 u & you're family.

all this; stay safe op and do the right thing. do your due diligence but when its time to go for the pet its time to go, don't let it suffer.

#771564 - 07/10/12 12:11 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

interesting...

so he comes into my room while im messin around on the BOX, and goes straight for the window, making meow noises and such... my windo is cracked 3-4 inches to let some air in, yet not let any pets out.. he starts swingin his arm outside the crack, but we decided he shouldnt just go out... he slept there for about 20 minutes, then i said fvck it, and open the window... my window is right above my garden, which is fenced in, he cant jump out.. within 15 seconds of me opening the window, he was hanging out and jumped out, then layed down, kept paying attention to him for a couple minutes, went to the bathroom, and hes not in view... go outside, hes by the door of the garden...

my GF, had bought a kiddie pool for the young cat we have, as he likes water for some reason, even takes showers with her... it was left out last night, and sure as sh!t, Kitters goes over to it, and lays with his front 2 paws over the edge, alert, still lethargic, but different...

i go back in, do a couple things, and come back out, hes not there, i ask where he is, and suprisingly im told he is in the other garden area "digging", he does that before hes about to take a dump (this is a flower bed)... he doesnt, a dickweed old dude that lives down the road comes through with his stupid poodle or whatever it is, and lets him chase my god damn cats around AGAIN.... hes like 900 years old, so i havent knocked him out... YET...

then, my idiot neighbor comes out to "help"... yeah, the one that talks to light switches, the one that had the PC sherriffs come over and remove a child mollester that they were letting stay there, the person thats dog has the mange, and during the removal, Animal Control came over and ordered her to take the dog to a vet, or be arrested.. yeah, i want your opinion.. get the FVCK out of my YARD..... he walks around a bunch, keeps being brought back to the yard, then comes in, and goes into the litter box,

we are being interupted for Breaking News:

we brought him back in, like 7 minutes ago, i went to go piss, and hes lying in the bathroom on the floor, meowing again..

when i flush, hes up, walking to my door before i am, so i let him in...he goes directly for the window, and lays down on his side again, with his arms out the window kinda playing.. i tell my GF he wants out again, as she is out front, so i say im letting him out in the garden...

i come in open the window, 5 seconds and hes up, and begins to jump out the window, and then i see it...

1 small turd hangin off his fur, and another one in the poop shute... HES TRYING... my GF deals with all this type stuff, as she likes it, for some odd reason, and removed what was there...

he went outside twice today, walked around the yard, tried to sh!t twice, potentially pushing some out, jumped out a window, twice... used the litter box, ect...

this is deffinate improvement so far... although hes still sick and dehydrated, things are now starting to happen..

now i will see how he is in the morning to see if a vet trip is even nessecary, i can give him fluids myself, we have been the last week, its not a big deal... SVH, better watch out if this cat makes it...

#771592 - 07/10/12 09:01 AM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

See if he will eat some tuna...the kind packed in oil. It could help him go.

#771885 - 07/11/12 10:21 AM Re: great... [Re: ParaLeaks]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

So what happened with the cat?

#772060 - 07/11/12 09:20 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

so we get a call from the vet last night... "wondering" how my cat was doing... i got a little irritated, questioned some things, that they couldnt give me information to..

blah blah fvckin blah

they said they would give him a "complimentary" antacid and fluids... so i said OK, brought him in, and the cat kinda looked worse than when he went in after whatever they did, my GF wasnt even allowed in the room...

earlier today, we took him to the other vet... they said it was rather odd that they other vet was not talking to us about the blood tests, not explaining it ect... they gave him and IV, and it was 200 total, at this point, i dont give a sh!t about money anymore...

they sent my GF home, with an IV, for her to do, some Amoxicillin, some stuff for his stomach, and he kinda was walkin around a little...

my girlfriend about an hour and a half ago, put him in his box so he could get some rest...

about 10 minutes ago, i said we should probably give him the medicine, and maybe see if he will eat....

i go to his box, and hes laying there, and i look at his side.... no movement... he was laying like he normally did with his face covered... i reach down and grab him, and pull him up, his face was covered in puke, and he is dead... 5 minutes before we checked him, i was telling my GF we should give him his medicine, that was right after he lifted his head up on the side of the box and looked at me and kinda meowed....

hes fvckin gone... and this just screws everything up...

#772066 - 07/11/12 09:35 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Nothing to say, RH. Sorry to hear.

#772068 - 07/11/12 09:46 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
IdahoSH Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: On the Rogue
"and this just screws everything up..."

don't look at it that way.
you did all you could.
sometimes, things just work like they work.
let it go now, get a new kitten if that helps.
you will out-live many dogs & cats.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bdscott, Skunked
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, 1 invisible), 215 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645466 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |