THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77125 - 11/11/03 01:40 AM Re: King 5 TV Slams hunters!!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Game Wardens don't bring in news crews. For the most part, they despise them. Don't give a game warden a reason to write you up, and he won't. They'll even help you out plenty of times, sometimes point you in the direction of game.

CWU, to answer the question about an illegal fish (you asked a long time ago)... He said it was a matter of ethics. If the fish was being released properly and had a good chance of survival, he'd probably let the guy go. If the fish was tossed back into the water, he would write him up for everything he could. Sorta like the attitude test with the traffic cop.

Curtis

#77126 - 11/11/03 09:28 AM Re: King 5 TV Slams hunters!!
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Regardless of how we view things it is imperitive that we all stick together. I've said this before and apparently it keeps going OVER your heads. These antis know they can't wipe us out with one big storm, so they take us out a little bit at a time. Why do you think they got rid of trapping, hounds and bait. The least amount of sportsman did those activities. What if they decide that they're gonna go after archers next. Are all you rifle, muzzleloader, and shotgunners gonna stand by and watch? "I don't bowhunt let em take it away doesn't affect me" Is that what you'll say. I bet the majority will. We need to fight for every right that we have.

THINK ABOUT IT.

GLOW

#77127 - 11/11/03 12:03 PM Re: King 5 TV Slams hunters!!
wabowhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Burien, Wa
Glowball&#8230; I am with you&#8230;!

I have gone repeatedly to WDFW meetings to provide input and I am always shocked at how many hunters are willing &#8220;Cut off their nose despite their face&#8230;&#8221; (or are willing to sacrifice or give up another hunting styles season or weapon limitation)

I always try and make a statement to the audience that &#8220;We as hunter need to stand united, no matter what hunting method we have chosen other wise we will all lose in the long run!&#8221;

It is and has always been that if we as hunters are divided in our stand on an issue we will lose! There are some perfect examples in the near past&#8230; I don't trap so I will not support the trappers in their fight to defend trapping&#8230; outcome No trapping&#8230;

The thing about the King5 news article and other News stories that should PISS us all off is&#8230; that the news people don't use the correct language when presenting the story&#8230; when hunters or fishermen brake the law they are no longer hunters or fishermen they are POACHERS. This is similar to the Disney movie Bambi&#8230; when the &#8220;hunters are in the woods&#8221; and then the &#8220;hunters&#8221; start shooting anything that moved regardless of what it was, they are not hunters they are poachers&#8230; I have corrected, I can't count how many people about this fact&#8230;

Yes&#8230; I have broken the law. So, I guess everyone of YOU that drives is a criminal because I broke the law while driving&#8230; that logic doesn't make since&#8230;

My $0.02&#8230; and a bit of a rant&#8230; eek

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau

South King County - PSA
Save Our Fish - PSA
CCA Sea-Tac

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (OLD FB), 216 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |