Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#770072 - 07/03/12 02:45 PM great...
redhook
Unregistered

just FVCKING GREAT....

we have this cool cat, really long long hair, all white... about a week ago, he had a couple nasty hairballs, big ones too... usual tho... then, a couple days ago, he stopped eating... he lost his "pep in his step" as he used to prance around like a little kid in the play ground... he was barely even drinking water last night, so i said today, he goes to the vet...

my GF took him after her classes, an di just got the call...

not good...

they dont know what it is, all they know is that his temp is 96 degrees, and it should be 108...he is just passed out on the table, and my GF is absolutely hysterical... they have informed her that he will need to go to a 24 hour hospital immeadiately, and that we should probably consider putting him down...

what a great way to start a fvckin holliday, if it isnt a family member, or a friend, its one of my damn pets... wtf did i do to deserve this sh!t...im seriously about to just throw in the towel...

#770078 - 07/03/12 02:58 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Iwant2fish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Whatcom County
What you describe, seem a lot like what my cat had. Turns out he had a parasite in his blood and his blood count was very low. He was close to death, but is fine now.

He stopped eating, even treats . He couldn't walk more then 10-15 ft with out laying down and resting.

#770091 - 07/03/12 03:39 PM Re: great... [Re: Iwant2fish]
redhook
Unregistered

well they have 1 test left to do, he doesnt have aids, or leukemia, his kidneys and liver are functioning fine and my girlfriend is kinda "happy" for the moment...she is an extremely smart person, but is stubborn... yes, all those tests coming back negative, are a good sign, the bad sign was what they told her it could have been 1st off... POISON...

we live in Pierce County, there is an abundance of stray cats out here... 2 of our cats are outdoor indoor cats, and there is a little tiny bowl of food on the porch for them, sometimes, a couple of the local strays have been up there eating it, i usually shoe them away, but, not always, as they have made it the 6 years ive been here, through the cold, animals, birds, ect around here...

well one of the strays got pregnant, and went under my neighbors house a few weeks ago and had her babies, the neighbor is a nutcase (litterally), and acts one minute like its her cat, then the next minute wants nothing to do with it... one day the cat was extremely hungry, and the idiot neighbor wouldnt give her any food, even tho she lets it in her house... so my GF gave her a little bowl of food in the driveway... well, my other neighbor, who i kinda consider a friend, but wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw a 747, was all drunk and came up to my window in the office about a week ago, and tells me to come out... so, i go out, and he comes up pointing at me like a 90 year old man sayin "ive got a bone to pick with your old lady" the attitude right there almost got his a$$ whipped, and i said "why", he points to the bowl, and i explained the cat was nursing kittens, and needed to eat... he then says "put the bowl on your porch then" uhhh, hey a$$hole, this is MY driveway, anyway, he leaves all pissy, im like whatever go to bed drunk a$$... then, the cat gets sick, and 2 days ago when we were looking for the white one,(he wanted out to do his deal) he was asking all these weird questions, then telling me what i should do.... this is the same idiot that gives his cats Aspirin, and has diagnosed them with Arthritis... anyways, his attitude, and smirk, i wouldnt put it passed him if he put something in the bowl...

we have an ant problem around here, they are under the road, in the sandy soil in peoples gardens, ect... never once has the dry cat bowl had ants in it, as they go after sugary stuff, not cat food... well a couple days ago, the bowl was infested with them, which to me, could mean 3 things, 1, im worrying about nothing, this is just life, 2 Antifreeze, 3, DeCon.... if i find out that he harmed one of my pets, the least of his worries will be stray cats... and im not even kidding...

anyways... here is the cat, his name is Kitters, and is one of the coolest cats i have ever owned, yeah, he fights with others, but its more play that gets out of hand, as this one is just a bone head... poor guy...

#770093 - 07/03/12 03:44 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

another day in the life of...
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#770094 - 07/03/12 03:47 PM Re: great... [Re: JTD]
redhook
Unregistered

please dont start JT, im honestly not in the mood on this one...

#770099 - 07/03/12 04:04 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

this is already at 350, and they havent even started yet.... ive got about 7 grand into my damn dog as well...

we had a cat when i was younger, Sadie, he was attacked by 5 German Shepards, and they completely shredded him, he had both hips replaced, and lived to be 18 years old...we have 2 other cats that were my dads, one is 16, the other is 14ish... my dog is 14 as well, so this aint gonna end for me any time soon it looks like...

when i was little,(10-12) i had a cat named Freddy, well, my friends dad didnt like cats, and my cat went into his yard once, and he shot it and put its body on top of our garbage can... my dad nearly killed him...

GF is back, so we will see what the news is...

#770100 - 07/03/12 04:20 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I hope your pet pulls through!

- Albert Einstein.

#770103 - 07/03/12 04:33 PM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

this is horsesh!t... all tests came back negative... they cant (so they say) test for poisoning, and they cant administer anything to him as they dont know whats wrong with him... WTF!! you take our money, and say you dont know, then tell my GF to bring the cat back today, but make sure its before 5pm so they can put him down...

the GF brings the cat inside the house, opens up the cage, it takes him a few seconds, but he comes out, and goes to the water dish, and sticks his paw in it and starts playing in the water.... takes some little drinks, and lays his head on the edge of the bowl... i did see him last night at around 3:30 eating, like 2 peices of food, but he was eating.... and puked it all up after...

he doesnt look like hes in any pain, but im not a cat... he just looks like he has the flu or something, lethargic, not eating, pukes, sleeps all day, ect... but he can get up and walk, has enough energy to play in the water, ect... im not for suffering animals, but i sure as sh!t aint going to spend money to put one down, that they dont even know whats wrong with him... i have initially thought, that he may just have a hair ball stuck in there, but im not sure, im not a vet...

they did however say that it was a "possibility" that he was poisoned... but that they cant test for it... so you can test humans, for weed, coke, heroin, arsenic, lead, ect, but you cant tell if there is strycnine or the compounds in Antifreeze in a cat? seriously? that makes ZERO sense...

he walked back over to his bed, and layed down and is covered up with a blanket, so im going to see what happens for now... if he gets any worse, he will have to go to the 24 hour hospital, and that starts off at 500 bucks and goes from there... what a great way to start the 4th

#770104 - 07/03/12 04:35 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
inb4clive
Unregistered

I had to put my old white cat named meat down this year. one of the hardest things i have ever done. I hope your cat pulls through RH.

#770111 - 07/03/12 05:00 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Not cool, making fun of someones ailing Pet is Classless as it gets. mad

Edited by Sol Duc (07/03/12 05:02 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#770113 - 07/03/12 05:21 PM Re: great... [Re: Sol Duc]
redhook
Unregistered

so heres the deal... they sent him home with treatement for ear mites and fleas....... that we paid for...... that they wanted us to treat him with..... so he could be brought in 3 hours later to be put down......

uhhhhhh, what?

i called a hospital downtown, and told them what is going on, and they didnt know why a vet would do that either, or, why they would suggest putting down a cat that they didnt know what was wrong with....

the bad part, is 160 dollars off the bat for fluids, 110 dollars for Xray (which should have been done at the first vet) 2-300 more for another blood test panel, as this vet doesnt know what the other even tested for, if they even did it correctly, however much per night for them to keep him a few days, ect...

but, as we were talking, i suggested getting some A/D catfood, and mixing it with water to make a slurry and feed him with a syringe, and see if he will keep it down, they said i should try that... so i will, this isnt my first go around dealing with a sick or hurt animal, at one time, we had 7 German Shepards and 20+ puppies.... hopefully i can do this...

another thing, that i brought up, was the hairballs, she then tells me that it is completely normal for cats to puke up HBs (yeah, i knew that), i said no, i mean could one possibly have gotten stuck in there causing this? she then responds, oh yes, most deffinately that is a possibility...

i sure hope he is just sick with a cold or something...

#770118 - 07/03/12 05:38 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Iwant2fish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Whatcom County
You need to find another vet fast!!!!

Find one that can do blood work on location, so you don't waste time send blood samples out.

What showed up on the X-ray?? I would think a hairball would show up.

#770119 - 07/03/12 05:44 PM Re: great... [Re: Iwant2fish]
redhook
Unregistered

the vet did the blood work on location, Kidneys were ok, except one was running kinda high, blood sugar was kinda high, liver was fine..

they never performed an x ray, the other vet i called said that they would have done it...

im going to get some of the food and some Nutri Cal and give it to him, and see how he feels in the morning... im pretty sure my brother wont be mad if i dont come over tommorow for the 4th if i have a sick cat to tend to, he already said he didnt care... and i dont really care about fireworks enough to not take care of him anyways...

#770123 - 07/03/12 05:52 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Sorry about the cat.

We put our "fixer-upper" kitty Ramona down when Ryan was 2. She was a Tabby Manx with worms, a rash, fleas and a cold. Spent a few hundred on her, great cat. Time came when she was basically acting like you say. Listless, but she wouldn't eat or drink, I think she was 12 or so. Came up quickly.

She would crawl up under the covers of a made bed, and just lay there. A big lump in the bed. I would wake up at 3am with her on my chest, purring away, with her nose almost touching mine. Loved to chase feathers attached to a fishing rod. I would get off work and she would stick her whole head in my work shoes, just purring for 20 minutes to an hour.

Her last night with us was spent in the bed next to me. We knew that next morning we had to take her in. Got off early, grabbed the cat and the boys, and off to the vet we went. The vet staff showed the boys some other animals while the vet and I talked. He said it was her time.

Still brings tears to my eyes 11 years later when I remember what Ryan said, "I didn't want to make her dead." From a 2 year old. The boys wanted to pet her all the way home, so they did. She is the left hand cross in our little pet cemetery on the property. Great cat.

The loss of a pet, regardless if it is a dog or a cat (even a goat), is hard. Make the right decision for you and the pet, whatever that will be.

Take care,

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#770125 - 07/03/12 06:04 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Well, I'm not a cat guy....but I'm not unsympathetic to your sick animal dillema, either. I have five dogs buried out the field and two running around. I love critters. Hope yours does fine soon. Sounds pretty good with it still eating and drinking. thumbs

#770141 - 07/03/12 07:37 PM Re: great... [Re: ParaLeaks]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Well, I'm not a cat guy....but I'm not unsympathetic to your sick animal dillema, either. I have five dogs buried out the field and two running around. I love critters. Hope yours does fine soon. Sounds pretty good with it still eating and drinking. thumbs

That story you told me about your Dog is etched in my memory, you did do the right thing though. :>(

- Albert Einstein.

#770143 - 07/03/12 07:50 PM Re: great... [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Sorry about the cat.

We put our "fixer-upper" kitty Ramona down when Ryan was 2. She was a Tabby Manx with worms, a rash, fleas and a cold. Spent a few hundred on her, great cat. Time came when she was basically acting like you say. Listless, but she wouldn't eat or drink, I think she was 12 or so. Came up quickly.

She would crawl up under the covers of a made bed, and just lay there. A big lump in the bed. I would wake up at 3am with her on my chest, purring away, with her nose almost touching mine. Loved to chase feathers attached to a fishing rod. I would get off work and she would stick her whole head in my work shoes, just purring for 20 minutes to an hour.

Her last night with us was spent in the bed next to me. We knew that next morning we had to take her in. Got off early, grabbed the cat and the boys, and off to the vet we went. The vet staff showed the boys some other animals while the vet and I talked. He said it was her time.

Still brings tears to my eyes 11 years later when I remember what Ryan said, "I didn't want to make her dead." From a 2 year old. The boys wanted to pet her all the way home, so they did. She is the left hand cross in our little pet cemetery on the property. Great cat.

The loss of a pet, regardless if it is a dog or a cat (even a goat), is hard. Make the right decision for you and the pet, whatever that will be.

Take care,

Andy

I know I would be a mess if anything happened to my pard.

- Albert Einstein.

#770145 - 07/03/12 08:10 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
High blood sugar in an animal that isn't able to hold down food sounds strange.

Do you know anyone who's a diabetic that could let you borrow a glucometer? That way you could check periodically to see if the elevated blood glucose remains.

High blood glucose always makes me feel listless and kinda sick to my stomach, too. Maybe your cat has diabetes?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#770152 - 07/03/12 09:27 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: salmosalar
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Not cool, making fun of someones ailing Pet is Classless as it gets. mad

Really? More than wishing someone to die?

Go Red Sox,
cds

Depends on who it is.

#770161 - 07/03/12 10:36 PM Re: great... [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

just got back from the 24 hour hospital... he is staying there for 3-5 days likely... they tested his urine for Ketones, and non show up, which i guess shows he doesnt have Advanced Diabetes, but more tests are needed... they still have not ruled out poisoning, Marsha, you are correct, they can and do test for Antifreeze and Stryctnine, just as i thought.... that other vet will be hearing from me, BIG TIME...

first, the test issue, fine, ok, whatever....

second, they told my GF his temperature needed to be at 108, UHHHHH, try 101, at 108 he would be nearly dead, if not dead... his temp just a little while ago was 99.7, so he is within 1.3 degrees... not so bad for now... he did pee on himself inside the crate tho, which could be attributed to him being molested, and having a probe stuck up his a$$ 2 times in one day, within a couple hours... plus a cathedor... when we left, he was clawing at the door, and meowing real loud, it kinda sounded like he felt better, but he didnt... so they are giving him an IV, wich they have to be real carefull with as he has a grade 1 of 6 heart murmer i guess, additional testing, Xrays, medications, ect ect ect...

we are now up to 1200 paid out so far today alone... and it could go way higher....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 806 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |