LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77506 - 02/27/04 08:35 PM Any 3D shoots?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Any good 3D shoots coming up? Time to get motivated again with the bow.

thanks
Kris

#77507 - 02/27/04 09:55 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
My sister and brotherin law are pretty active in that stuff.They do a lot of target shooting at BOBS also.I'll probably talk to them tonight or tomorrow.If anythings going on I 'll let you know

#77508 - 02/28/04 09:14 AM Re: Any 3D shoots?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Thanks that would be great.

#77509 - 02/28/04 07:39 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
So what all does a 3D shoot consist of? Sounds kinda cool

Is there any like, REALLY novice class for people who probably shouldnt even be near a bow?

Curtis

#77510 - 02/28/04 11:20 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
glowball Offline
Spawner

You would have a lot of fun at a 3d shoot curtis. Great opportunity for you to improve your shooting ability. I've yet to shoot a 3d shoot with the intention of winning. I go strictly to have fun and fine tune my shooting ability.

A 3d shoot consist of X amount of 3d targets spread through out a course. You walk along the trail until you come to the target and then you size it up and shoot. Usually you'd be with some friends so who ever scored highest on the last target goes first. You put your foot against the stake that marks the spot and shoot the target.

If you go take a pair of binoculars with you. The targets usually are only 20-35 yards but the 10 spot is in different spots and binocs will help you find the sweet spot to aim for.

They are an absolute blast and if you're going to hunt with that bow this year I strongly recommend you go to some shoots.

You probably need to know how to keep score. The smallest circle on the target is the 10 x. The next circle is a 10 then an 8 and if you hit the target outside of the circles you get a 5. Some targets only have 2 circles. When scoring these if you hit the small circle mark it as a plain 10. Only targets with 3 circles can be counted as a 10 x when you hit the little circle.

That should about cover it.

good luck
kris

#77511 - 02/28/04 11:41 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Here ya go. Pic is worth a thousand words. The 11 would be a 10 x. Basically you just circle the x on your card and if there is a tie you count the xs and who ever has the most wins.

#77512 - 02/29/04 12:20 AM Re: Any 3D shoots?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Kris,
Chinook archers is having 1, Mar.20&21.My sis said something about Klikitat having 1 April 17&18 She thinks this might be In Camas at the Chinook archers site.Its supposed to have 60 animals.The # to get ahold of them is 360-695-4736.There is a prehistoric shoot June 12&13 same phone #
She said Rineheart(spelling)They make the targets.You probably know more about that than me.Has 1 in Eugene that is awesome.I think she said its coming up fairly soon.

There are some down at the beach that they really like but she didnt have all the info on her.Her boyfriend wasnt home and he has more.

If you want more info let me know and I could give you their # so you could find out more.

They belong to Lewis and Clark Bowmen and that group has 2or 3 a year she said.

#77513 - 02/29/04 07:58 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
thank ya much glowball! That does sound like a blast... Thank god not to many people will see how poor i am with my bow!

Oh well, plenty of time to fine tune my skills.

Curtis

#77514 - 02/29/04 08:52 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
Fish Hawg Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodland , Wa
Is there a range at bobs in longview confused I always go to archery world to shoot.

I would also like to go and shoot a 3d corse......Ross

#77515 - 02/29/04 09:30 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
brassonbrass Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo
How many of you guys live on the westside and would be willing to meet at KBH (Kitsap Bow Hunters) near Gorst/Belfair for an informal shoot of our own on their course? It could be fun and we could have a couple of brews afterward. Brass

#77516 - 02/29/04 10:35 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Bobs does have an indoor range.Dont remember what they charge but I imagine its pretty reasonale.

This website will give you links to a bunch of archery clubs. www.wsaahistory.com

Theres also an indoor range on Jackson highway,just south of Chehalis.But I dont remeber the name of it.

#77517 - 02/29/04 10:40 PM Re: Any 3D shoots?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Its called the archery house. They have the techno hunt there as well. If you've never shot the techno hunt you need to. Its a blast.

Curtis if you want to shoot techno go to skookum archery. They have techno down there. They are on shaw road. I think like 37th and shaw or something. They have several 3d shoots as well. If I remember they do a wet and wild shoot in april.

Kris

#77518 - 03/12/04 12:32 AM Re: Any 3D shoots?
jberry Offline
Fry

Loc: Yakima Wa
Glowball,
Do you ever make it over to the East side for 3D shoots? There are quite a few between now and the end of June and to me it's fun just to shoot new courses. We usually make the trek west once or twice a season once the weather gets warm. The only problem with Spring shoots over here is the wind!

I wanted a sweater for Christmas, I got a screamer and a moaner instead......

#77519 - 03/12/04 10:31 AM Re: Any 3D shoots?
glowball Offline
Spawner

I haven't but I'd like to. A friend of mine has done a few and he said they were pretty good shoots. If you would let me know when they come up.

Thanks
kris

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Salmo g., 1 invisible), 1070 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645299 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |