Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77713 - 06/27/04 09:17 AM Partial albino
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
I was working at one of the other landfill sites on Friday (Purdy) and there was a deer that walked through that looked like an antelope. No it wasn't hairslip. I left the camera home so the wife could take pics of the steelhead trip and put em on the computer.

Anyways it was pretty neat looking.

Kris

#77714 - 06/27/04 05:52 PM Re: Partial albino
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
A friend of mine I use to work with sees one down by Raymond about every year. Her and her husband have seen two or three a season I guess down there. Must be some gene mutations in the herd that are causing the partial albino. I have only seen one on TV and it was pretty sharp looking. I would like to get a doe with antlers still on it. I shot one last year that had just dropped hers. That is the strangest thing I have ever seen.

#77715 - 06/28/04 01:13 PM Re: Partial albino
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
I've seen a 1/2 dozen or so around this area over the years.I've watched 1 for the last couple.It was a spike when I first saw it.Last year it looked like a tall spike but had real small forks on top.Curious to see what it has this year.
speaking of does with horns.A guy I know shot a cow elk several years ago.It had spikes.

#77716 - 06/29/04 01:21 AM Re: Partial albino
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
They are called "Piebald" animals.

There are quite a few in the Bremerton City watershed. No hunting there, so they have a better chance to spread the gene.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#77717 - 07/08/04 01:58 PM Re: Partial albino
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: maine
When I was growing up in New York we used to go to the Catskill mountains and go to the Military Instillation up there and we would fish for browns we would see a albino deer up there. It was a big buck. If you were to see an albino hunting do you think that could kill it or would you let it stay I think the head would make an excellent wall mount

#77718 - 07/09/04 12:49 AM Re: Partial albino
TRAUT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: HIDING
I'm not sure how it is now, but it used to be illegal to kill albino wildlife. Not sure why.

#77719 - 07/11/04 08:31 AM Re: Partial albino
Camofish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
Don't quote me on this ...but, I think it is illegal to kill an albino deer. I don't think the piebalds are true albinos so they are legal shooters. Anybody out there know fo' sho'? I know of an area that has a prolific herd of piebalds. They are pretty animals.

'Camo

#77720 - 07/11/04 07:47 PM Re: Partial albino
Hairy Ape Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rochester, Washington
There may be laws in some states (for unknown reasons) that protect albino wildlife, but there is nothing like that here in Washington, and as far as I know, there never has been.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1428 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |