Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77721 - 07/15/04 12:11 PM Bowhunters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone here bowhunt?

I've been hunting traditional gear for the last 10 years, and find I enjoy my hunts a lot more than I used to..not always taking home the meat, but the hunt itself is more challenging.

It's that time of year to get out the bow and start practicing in earnest for the Sept. hunt. Tyying to find a more local spot to go to up here in the Concrete area...suggestions?

Mike

#77722 - 07/15/04 10:59 PM Re: Bowhunters?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
I'm a sliver slinger, but I can't help you with areas around concrete. Give me a hollar if you come down to lewis county. Good luck this year.

Kris

#77723 - 07/16/04 08:02 AM Re: Bowhunters?
Camofish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
Mike,

I've hunted both rifle/bow in the Valley, Modern rifle this year shoot . I love the late hunt when it's wet and possibly some snow on the ground. I don't usually hunt in September because it can still be pretty hot/dry(noisy) and the underbrush can still be pretty thick. I've stalked deer in every corner of this county. It's just a matter of reading the regs closely and figuring out the gmu's. If you're outside in this county then you're in good deer stomping grounds. I've seen some monster blacktail here in lil' ol' Skagit Co. that would make you wet your pants. laugh

As far as practice goes, I love to go down to the archery range in Mount Vernon. Silver Arrow I think it's called. If you're not a member then you can go through their outdoor course for 2 beer tickets in the honor box. They have something like thirty full size paper targets of everything from bunnies to grizzly bears at varying yardage.

I too live in Concrete. If you'd like to go to the range sometime give me a shout.

BTW, the archery shop in west Mount Vernon is up for sale. That would be a fun business. Not sure on the asking price but probably ain't cheap.

Regards,
Shane

#77724 - 08/05/04 01:22 AM Re: Bowhunters?
bowhunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Newcastle wash
Hey Glowball

I am looking at hunting the Randal area this year, any suggestions?

Also, thinking about around the cowlitz area, I am just looking for some meat hunting for elk.

Any info would be great.

white.danny@comcast.net

#77725 - 08/05/04 02:45 PM Re: Bowhunters?
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
If you are just after meat the Mossyrock unit is probably the ticket. Randle and Packwood are 3 point min areas. I'll pm you with some more info.

Kris

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |