Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78688 - 10/19/06 08:49 PM Re: Game Wardens
bigman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Anybody seen any game wardens out this hunting season? I've seen ALOT in the past few months. Even though I have been seeing them lately I sure do wish the state would give the DFW some more money for the enforcememnt program and get some more officers out there.

#78689 - 10/19/06 09:13 PM Re: Game Wardens
Nisqually Fisher Offline
Fry

I've seen one at the nisqully in about 30 trips and 4or5 at the vail tree farm standing at the check point.If the state would start giving tikets out for jerking every cast and lining.You would think they could hire some more wardens

#78690 - 10/19/06 11:40 PM Re: Game Wardens
bigman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Quote:
If the state would start giving tikets out for jerking every cast and lining.You would think they could hire some more wardens [/QB]
Thats the problem with this state though. The DFW sees none of the money that come from the tickets issued by wardens. The money goes to the county were the violation occured and/or the law enforcement academy in Burien.

#78691 - 10/20/06 01:16 AM Re: Game Wardens
Wing'n it Offline
Egg

Loc: The woods and streams
I will start out by stating that I feel our game laws need to be reinforced. I am sure that these guys run into all sorts of people and situations just like cops. However, I have never been treated so poorly by an officer of the law as I was this year over in the Winthrop area. These guys were flat out ruthless. They accused me of having a loaded firearm. Simply because the bolt was closed on my rifle. They then proceeded to rifle through my truck, finding nothing wrong. At this point they sent me on my way, Although they did not seem at all happy about it. In my opinion this was just a little out of line. It was a group of state and federal game wardens and the local sheriff. Anybody else encounter this group of revenue generating f*&%#@s?

#78692 - 10/22/06 03:00 AM Re: Game Wardens
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Gameys? There needs to be alot more of them.

...Like when you are up on a rutted logging road heading to one of your spots and you come up behind a lowered riceboy car with a rifle barrel sticking out each window and they are creeping along at idle...then they spot you and in pop the barrels and they speed up and pull off like at the next turnout they are just out for a Sunday drive.

Now that said, over on the East side of the mountains those gameys are given HUGE areas to enforce and run them like it's thier own private game reserve...which they also hunt in themselves with impunity.

#78693 - 10/23/06 06:03 PM Re: Game Wardens
Isaac Offline
Parr

Loc: Seattle
I had an excellent experience with Capt. Brison out of Olympia on opening day this year. Friendliest game warden I have ever met.

#78694 - 10/23/06 06:21 PM Re: Game Wardens
bigman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I have found that the younger game wardens are friendlier or better to get along with than the older guys. You guys notice that too?

#78695 - 10/23/06 07:29 PM Re: Game Wardens
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
"the East side of the mountains those gameys are given HUGE areas to enforce and run them like it's thier own private game reserve...which they also hunt in themselves with impunity."
I worked for the Game Dept. out of the Ephrata Regional office for 3 years quite a few years ago. I found ALL the agents I ever dealt with, hunted with, fished with to stand-up guys that followed the same rules they enforced. They did have large areas to work and often worked off the clock with their own vehicles when they had run out all the miles and time they were alloted in the budget. I admit it has been along time and before the merger with Fisheries, so things have changed but 'hunting with impunity' I find hard to believe.

#78696 - 10/27/06 11:34 PM Re: Game Wardens
Katmai Kid Offline
Fry

Loc: Tacoma
I really miss Ken Kildahl, a WDFW enforcement officer out of Eatonville. The crooks hated him, but he was good at spotting poachers. Nice guy until you start blasting elk out of season and leaving them to rot, in which case he more than earned his pay.

#78697 - 11/11/06 08:58 PM Re: Game Wardens
ramprat Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham
In The 30+ years that I have hunted and fished in Washington, I can remember (well almost)every time I have been checked By a warden.
The first time I can remember was long lake over by Spokane I had just gotten my drivers licence and took my brother and a friend of his fishing. We were fishing from the shore when I remembered I did not have a current fishing licence. This was in January and my licence had expired. I laid my rod down and watched them fish just minutes before a warden showed up to ask for licences.(this was in the mid 70s)
The next time Was coming out of the hills above wilkeson after a day of deer hunting.
It was pitch black when I got out of the woods and someone was standing in the road waving a flashlight. Turned out to be a warden, Very nice guy, checked my rifle to make sure it was unloaded and my licence and asked if I had seen any game.
I also remember that same year coming out of the woods (this was in the mid 80s) and stopping in Buckley to get something to eat and running into a warden in the store He looked upset and I found out later his partner had just been shot and killed by a hunter who was trying to unload his rifle before the warden got up to his jeep.
I got checked on the skookumchuck one year, nice guy told me about the river and the best places to fish for Steelhead.
One year in the early 90s I got checked at the barrier dam. I showed him my licence and everything was fine till I saw the name on his uniform. I don't remember his last name but his first name was George. Well George was one of the wardens who used to use the launch at my dads place (It seems some of the the locals would slash the tires on their boat trailer when they launched at Blue Creek) I had never met George before, but I recognized his name from my dad telling me they were using his launch.
Anyway I raised my arm (just to introduce myself, shake his hand, as I knew he knew my dad) I must have startled him as he threw his coat aside and put his hand on the butt of his pistol.
Everything turned out OK after I mentioned my dad and the boat launch. I found out a few years later while talking to a guy on the Elochoman That George had got thrown into the Cowlitz river by a very large man who didn't like wardens.
Anyway Don't mean to get off topic but the answer would be no. I don't get checked anymore then as I do now.
Ramprat

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (NOFISH), 1178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |