Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#787858 - 09/23/12 05:08 PM Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! *****
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Loc: Kitsap, WA
World Trade Federation! Seriously is this best approach to natural wolf self reintroduction to our state? Maybe if we had not removed their natural prey and replaced them with big dumb cattle this would not be a problem. Notice that there is only one herd involved that the wolves are preying on. Sad our response is to eradicate the pack and not remove the wandering manure factories.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/sep2112a/

Damn we better preemptively kill the North cascades sole grizzly once it becomes a problem too cause it was not invited and we weren't prepared for it to reintroduce itself yet! Besides its Canadian, eh!

#787861 - 09/23/12 05:53 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Ketaman]
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
we killed all the wolfs in the past for good reason and should now to for the same reasons.

#787863 - 09/23/12 06:28 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: larryb]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Wolfhuggers.....

beathead

I killed two wolves in Alaska in '98 and will have a tag in my pocket every time I hunt in wolf country.

We've beat this subject into the ground & I really don't feel like typing a bunch of words right now.

My standard tree/wolf hugger response remains unchanged....

#787868 - 09/23/12 07:51 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Spokane Wolf Pack, wish we had one. I think the pack in the lead
post is the Wedge pack or the one that roams Kelly hill and envirions.
Has to eat beef, poor things. The cattle running on National Forest
land must look like slow elk to them. Bummer.
Nice wolf pic there Salmonella. Don't get the IQ flash signal tho.

#787869 - 09/23/12 07:53 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
The cattle herd that is being targeted by this wolf pack is grazing on public land. I believe that fact let's me (and every one else that is part of the public) to have a legitimate opinion. My opinion, public land is going to allow multiple uses including grazing by cattle and predation by wolves. You don't want your cattle to be targeted, put them on your own land and you will have every right to kill the wolves if they come on your land. To have the WDFW kill the wolves to protect your cattle is bogus IMHO.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#787877 - 09/23/12 08:22 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

I have done more reading and the Wedge pack is the only one preying on the untended chow wagons in the national forest. There are about 4 more packs in NE Washington not currently preying on livestock. I think for the Wedge pack the damage is done and these wolves will not be able to adapt to normal prey. They should be culled. It is too bad cause these animals did not create this situation, but they will be killed for what has happened. I figure that its OK for stuffed animal lovers...I mean stuffed animal collectors..."big game hunters" to hunt them legally. I have no problem with folks legally hunting wolves anywhere.

The real problem is free ranging unattended livestock on public lands like the national forest. If they run their herds in the wilderness then they should not be surprised if some are killed by wild animals.

The state should be responsible since they leased grazing rights to the ranchers. Right? I mean would't you want to sue the state if you left your property unattended for undocumented packs of canadian predators to eat. Damn it is like the time I left my sandwich out and someone ate it. I should have sued beathead

And Hank I would not make a good cattle guard. I like fresh bovine too 3:) evil shoot

Edited by Ketaman (09/23/12 08:30 PM)

#787878 - 09/23/12 08:26 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
I'd imagine WA leases that land to cattle ranchers. If that's the case, they have an obligation to protect the cattle.

Currently 4.5 million acers of the western US public land is leased at below market value, for grazing livestock, and this livestock makes up 5% of the total livestock production in the US.

#787879 - 09/23/12 08:29 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Ketaman]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Ketaman
The real problem is free ranging unattended livestock on public lands like the national forest. If they run your herds in the wilderness then they should not be surprised if some are killed by wild animals.

cryriver

You have no real grasp of reality but we appreciate the emotion you have for stupidity...

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#787881 - 09/23/12 08:34 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I guess when it comes to stupidity, you are the expert.

#787882 - 09/23/12 08:35 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Maybe you should go wander the Olympics with a salt lick tied to your back side. You too could find love and get a reality check while your at it. This bauaaaws for you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLC7eds50xg

moon

Edited by Ketaman (09/23/12 08:41 PM)

#787885 - 09/23/12 08:50 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

They offered the rancher(s) monetary compensation and they turned it down cold. They want fur! Personally I think they should get it themselves. Wouldn't it be more gratifying if they did it themselves? Oh wait that would mean getting on horse back and working hard to get those wolves. violin

The state should not give them the option to renew their grazing lease when it is up. Too much for trouble all parties involved. tree

Edited by Ketaman (09/23/12 08:51 PM)

#787888 - 09/23/12 09:13 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Illahee]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Illahee
I guess when it comes to stupidity, you are the expert.

It's always nice to see Ketas' sister kicking in her 2C....keep up the good work girl. grin

#787890 - 09/23/12 09:16 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Ketaman]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Maybe you should go wander the Olympics with a salt lick tied to your back side. You too could find love and get a reality check while your at it. This bauaaaws for you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLC7eds50xg

moon

I'm flattered you put so much thought into my 'backside'. You'd be better off getting a ph.uckin' clue though.

It sounds like you and sister illahee are sheep.... wink

#787892 - 09/23/12 09:18 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Coyotes eat neighborhood cats, should we kill all local coyotes?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#787893 - 09/23/12 09:20 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
They offered the rancher(s) monetary compensation and they turned it down cold.

They offered compensation for the cattle killed by the wolves? Were they offering market-value for each one?

No ph.uckin' way they offered market value. Liberals have no sense of value or worth...mostly because they have none themselves. wink

#787895 - 09/23/12 09:23 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Jerry Garcia]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Coyotes eat neighborhood cats, should we kill all local coyotes?

I'd prefer to kill all the cats. Considering the damage they do.......only lesbians and douchebag liberals (but I repeate myself) would oppose such a plan.

#787901 - 09/23/12 09:39 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: RowVsWade]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Hey coyotes are nice and cute not like the big bad wolves. I have a local pack coyotes near my place and yes they have killed my cats and harassed my dogs, but I have not gone out and killed them. The WDFW said go for it as did local sheriff's dept. They even suggested the SSS. The option is open and maybe some day as an act of depredation I might. Just not yet. When I moved here I told my children, "No, we cannot shoot all the critters". We did not move to the "country" to kill every nuisance animal. That said I have had 3 bears trapped by the state and removed with a one month period. They were a real menace around the yard.

I grew up on the other side of the mountains in pow dunk central worshington. I am not a liberal or sheeple either. I can think for myself thanks. thumbs

Edited by Ketaman (09/23/12 09:40 PM)

#787904 - 09/23/12 09:42 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: Ketaman]
redhook
Unregistered

what does Wolf taste like?

#787908 - 09/23/12 09:46 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Whoa! Who is BigStick?

#787912 - 09/23/12 09:54 PM Re: Spokane wolf pack to be eradicated! [Re: ]
Ketaman Offline
Parr

I have never been there ready when they show up. It is always one scouting and trying to antagonize my dogs into jumping the fence to play the follow me back to the pack game for dinner. The last time they attempted that all three dogs went over. That was about 2 years ago now. They didn't expect two lab mixes and a sheperd to all dine with them. fight They come around less now, but pick off my barn cats when they are off our place outside of the wire. My main concern is they have followed my kids down to the main road a couple of times. I think it was due ti kids dropping off unfinished snacks. Acclimating them to associate kids with left over food/ treat beathead s. I have not seen one for a year, but they prowl the around calling in the driveway a couple times a month. One day evil shoot

Edited by Ketaman (09/23/12 09:55 PM)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, DrifterWA), 680 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645369 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |