Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#788368 - 09/25/12 10:59 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Dan S.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I think voting for Paul is not the best way to use a vote, but on a scale of 1 to 100 I think it's about a 90...not voting is a "zero".

I care far more that Americans exercise what is one of the most American things that we have, the privilege to vote, than I care about who they vote for.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#788383 - 09/25/12 11:17 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Todd]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I'll still be voting for the in-state races, but the presidential section of the ballot will get no attention from me.

I think the whole electoral college system is broken with it's focus on swing states where a president can be elected by taking 12 or 13 states disregarding the rest. I also don't care for how the system creates a bias against any third parties.

Finally, the biggest reason I won't cast a vote for the president is that both candidates are the same political servants pandering to donors and special interests. They are both truth averse towards the American people because they are cowards who can't rock the boat of the team they are on, which by the way folks, is the same team, and the losers are the American people.

Arent you all sick and Fukkin tired of the "lesser of two evils" routine we are presented with every 4 years, where we have to vote for a disgraceful candidate because the other guy is perceived as worse??

#788384 - 09/25/12 11:17 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Todd]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Freedom is the first privilege and choosing not to be a part of a corrupt and bastardized system takes some thought. Voting just because you we're brainwashed into believing it is your duty is a short cut to thinking. We do not need any more non thinkers in this world . I have more respect for the Egyptian and Libyans who stood up to the bullshiat process and did something about it. Rather than the cowards in this country that go down and pull the lever for another [Bleeeeep!] sandwich out of a misplaced sense of duty and honor and bitch about it until the next time they get to do it all over again.

#788386 - 09/25/12 11:22 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Us and Them]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
Freedom is the first privilege and choosing not to be a part of a corrupt and bastardized system takes some thought. Voting just because you we're brainwashed into believing it is your duty is a short cut to thinking. We do not need any more non thinkers in this world . I have more respect for the Egyptian and Libyans who stood up to the bullshiat process and did something about it. Rather than the cowards in this country that go down and pull the lever for another [Bleeeeep!] sandwich out of a misplaced sense of duty and honor and bitch about it until the next time they get to do it all over again.

Nailed it.

Barack Obama has been so horrible as president that it is hard to put it into words.

But Mitt Romney would be just like Barack Obama.

Those that are dreaming of a major change in direction if Romney is elected are going to be bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

#788391 - 09/25/12 11:29 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Sky-Guy]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Agree except I would not blame Obama. I would blame the people that put him there and continue to enable him. They knew he had no exp. he told them what he would do and they pulled the lever. Clint Eastwood made the strongest point ever in a presidential race and people ignored him. This is our country these people work for us . Going down and pulling the lever for one of these two ass clowns proves that you work for them.

#788396 - 09/25/12 11:44 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Sky-Guy]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
I'll be damned.
I like your train of thought Sky-Guy. You surprised me.

I'm a Centrist, at least by every measure that I've been able to draw on.

Obama is a "No" for me....for many reasons, and I'm genuinely afraid of where we will be if he gets four more years to screw things up.

Romney doesn't do anything for me. Really. I don't regard him as genuine. And while I respect Dan S. and Dogfish's position, I think that voting outside the two major parties is wasted effort.

Romney is closer to Center than Obama......and he's untested, unlike FlunkO.....so, without enthusiasm, I'll be voting Romney.

#788401 - 09/25/12 11:56 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: ParaLeaks]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
I'm in the same sinking boat Slabby....but those that think they're taking the moral high road by not voting or voting for Mickey Mouse in a sky-blue state like Washington are kidding themselves.

It's like saying when I go fishing at Point no Point in the morning I won't troll a Sierra Mackerel at 7mph because I'm against catching billfish...

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#788402 - 09/26/12 12:08 AM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: RowVsWade]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Your Washington vote means sh!t in this election no matter who you're voting for. This state is of no consequence in the election.

Obama's win will not hinge on Washington.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#788404 - 09/26/12 12:21 AM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Dan S.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Very true. But I'm not voting for a candidate.....

...and I'm not attempting to make some moral statement by voting for Mickey Mouse.

There is a difference, albeit slight, like taking a sh.it before I go fishing or doing so in the bucket of the cuddy cabin....either way I'm trying to get rid of a giant f.ucking turd.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#788427 - 09/26/12 03:22 AM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Sky-Guy]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
I'll still be voting for the in-state races, but the presidential section of the ballot will get no attention from me.

I think the whole electoral college system is broken with it's focus on swing states where a president can be elected by taking 12 or 13 states disregarding the rest. I also don't care for how the system creates a bias against any third parties.

Finally, the biggest reason I won't cast a vote for the president is that both candidates are the same political servants pandering to donors and special interests. They are both truth averse towards the American people because they are cowards who can't rock the boat of the team they are on, which by the way folks, is the same team, and the losers are the American people.

Arent you all sick and Fukkin tired of the "lesser of two evils" routine we are presented with every 4 years, where we have to vote for a disgraceful candidate because the other guy is perceived as worse??

Half the population does not vote now. One more won't be missed. A lot of dissappointed 08 voters are going to stay home too.
Depressing the GOP vote is not going to work. Turnout will be massive. Obama will likely win Washington by about 17% if the poll is close. No details, since there is no active polling going on in most blue states.

As for the Gridlock. It could be worse. But the senate will only get a budget by sending Harry Reid to the bleachers. Maria is just support for Reid and which dedicated to slashing the defense budget, because republican wont raise taxes on people over 250,000 and it wont cut the deficit AT ALL. We would save 2 billion dollars every year, by cutting off Eqypt.

If you remember back before gregoire, we did not have a favorable commission. Now we do. I know for a fact, McKenna is in the sports camp. There is a lot of gas tax money,state employee wages and seafood money, going to the other guy. I looked up the pdc.

#788474 - 09/26/12 12:28 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: ]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
But, but, but.....you have to vote for one of the political parties. You throw away your vote if not. I can hardly believe I have said those words myself in the past.

F- the two political parties. Voting for BO is just stupid. Romney is likely not any better. Vote for either is a vote for the same. Welcome the new boss........

But dont throw your vote away. beathead

#788476 - 09/26/12 12:31 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: docspud]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I think it's most important that people vote for someone...anyone...but if you think your vote for Mickey Mouse, or anyone else...or a blank ballot...is "sending a message", then you are sadly mistaken. No one will care, not your lawmakers, that's for sure.

Suppressing the vote is a political strategy employed by some candidates and parties, and throwing in the towel on the whole thing is just being a pawn in their game.

Fish on...

Todd

#788478 - 09/26/12 12:36 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Todd]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
I vote every time regardless of how many positions, initiatives, seats or propositions etc are on the ballot.
If I don't like either candidates, I write in one of my friends.

#788481 - 09/26/12 01:22 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Sky-Guy]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Originally Posted By: Tom Joad

Nailed it.

Barack Obama has been so horrible as president that it is hard to put it into words.

But Mitt Romney would be just like Barack Obama.

Those that are dreaming of a major change in direction if Romney is elected are going to be bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

Bingo!!

#788483 - 09/26/12 01:27 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: wntrrn]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
I'm torn...

I was going to write in Stam, but Superfly would be entertaining... then again, would Chuck rename the WH the Dawg House? ... decisions, decisions...

#788486 - 09/26/12 01:46 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Us and Them]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Yes, in answer to the thread title question.

Voting is important; casting an informed vote in more important. Voting for the presidential candidates is probably the least significant vote we cast. Anyone who could be a good president wouldn't take the job. Ya' gotta' be a megalomaniac to want to be president, so anyone who wants to be prez is a lousy choice. Not to mention that the D and R prez candidates are beholden to the powers that are bent on destroying the nation, which must be OK since they will make a profit on it. And what is more American than making a profit?

#788490 - 09/26/12 01:56 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Salmo g.]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

I simply cant be convinced that submitting my vote for either the turd or the douche is the right thing do do over not voting at all. And no one here has really submitted any argument that is in the least bit compelling...

think about it.

#788526 - 09/26/12 03:19 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: Sky-Guy]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I simply cant be convinced that submitting my vote for either the turd or the douche is the right thing do do over not voting at all. And no one here has really submitted any argument that is in the least bit compelling...

think about it.

Not compelling FOR YOU just as your "Not voting sends a powerful message if enough people do it" is not a complelling argument for me.

Just like you, I've come to the opinions I have BY thinking about it and implying otherwise is condesending.

I would also argue that your choice isn't simply "not voting" or "vote for a turd/db". You can vote for whoever you want.

#788527 - 09/26/12 03:19 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: ]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
The Beaver Hut wouldn't sound to good.

#788531 - 09/26/12 03:26 PM Re: Are you going to vote? [Re: stonefish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I think about it every time I vote...and the first thing I think about is how lucky I was to be born in America where we have the right to vote...no way am I passing on it.

Fish on...

Todd

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |