Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78973 - 04/13/06 10:06 AM Spring Turkey season
birdhunter111 Offline
Alevin

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Anyone been out scouting? I'm going for the opener on saturday but it has been pretty cold over here. Haven't scouted but have "the spot." I'm just currious if they are gobbling yet.

Todd

#78974 - 04/13/06 03:32 PM Re: Spring Turkey season
freedriftin Offline
Egg

Loc: sw washington
havn't been out scouting yet because ive moved back over to the wet side of the state. are you hunting local birds? i got one just north of you two seasons ago when i lived in pullman. are you seeing more birds these days? Ill probably be heading up around davenport/hunters area this year. good luck

#78975 - 04/13/06 11:39 PM Re: Spring Turkey season
birdhunter111 Offline
Alevin

Used to hunt Davenport before I moved over here. My dad and brother are hunting that area this year. I'm headed to Asotin. I don't think it's going to be good until the last couple of weeks of the season though. Haven't seen many birds during my fishing trips to the Grand Ronde and no one has heard very many gobbles. Oh well just need one. Good luck.

#78976 - 04/15/06 12:34 AM Re: Spring Turkey season
cowlitzkiller Offline
Spawner

Loc: on the water
I live In Pullman and I'll be hunting North i think chawella.

#78977 - 04/17/06 11:15 AM Re: Spring Turkey season
birdhunter111 Offline
Alevin

Have any luck? I got 4 inches of snow in three hours saturday morning. I didn't want to get stuck down the little road I was parked on so I picked up. Heard some gobbles but two guys walked in and bumped the birds. They walked right past my truck to the draw I was hunting. Nothing like a little pressure.

#78978 - 04/18/06 12:08 AM Re: Spring Turkey season
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
Took my 15 y/o son out for the youth hunt.

Same as last year: We can get them to gobble, but we can't get them to come in. I suck at turkey hunting and it's starting to tick me off.

I really hate driving that far just to not know what I'm doing.

I decided it was a good time for my son to get his first off road driving lesson. It was going great til he stuck the truck in clay up to the chassis the whole way around. 5 miles of walking later, we were able to hitch a ride into town. Memories......

I think I have to either go to some sort of seminar or give up ton turkey hunting.

Fisherdan

#78979 - 04/19/06 01:15 AM Re: Spring Turkey season
birdhunter111 Offline
Alevin

Sportco. offers a very good seminar. That's how my dad and I got started. The problem with the youth season is it is usualy to early. The birds are still in groups. The don't come to calls very easy.

The last couple of years the later part of the season has been better. A little warm weather sets the hens to the nest. The toms come to a call much easier when they are alone.

Good Luck!

#78980 - 04/20/06 11:52 AM Re: Spring Turkey season
freedriftin Offline
Egg

Loc: sw washington
Birdhunter, I had some luck but had to work pretty hard. the birds wern't talking very much. i did end up getting two jakes and guided my dad into another. we did have several chances at long beards but it just didn't quite work out. i do think that it will get better as the season goes on and weather improves. oh yeah just fried one up last night. turkey dinner is pretty good! good luck

#78981 - 04/21/06 01:00 PM Re: Spring Turkey season
fishfearme Offline
Egg

Loc: Castle Rock, WA.
My partner and I each got a bird last weekend in Garfield county. Same story, birds were pretty quiet and still in their winter groups. Has anybody hunted in or around Cowlitz county for turkey? Would love to play with some birds a little closer to home. Seven hour drives are getting a little spendy.

#78982 - 05/01/06 09:49 PM Re: Spring Turkey season
kobuk Offline
Egg

Loc: Kent
Can anyone give me some advise on turkey hunting Teanaway area on Cle elum? shoot

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |