THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#791580 - 10/12/12 01:40 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Dogfish]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
You guys actually watched that crap? Were you aware there was MLB playoffs on at the same time?

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
If the republican party would soften their stance on one single issue, abortion, they would see a much higher level of support across the country.

Nobody is forcing anyone to get abortions, or to be a certain religion. Sadly the current party leadership is too stupid to realize this.

I agree...their platform is old, rickety, and outdated; it needs to be rebuilt if they hope to win another election. The next generation is going to tolerate these prehistoric stances even less than ours.

Ike

#791586 - 10/12/12 02:05 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

So a presidential election again comes down to the national interests of abortion, gay rights, and who goes hunting the most. Is it really any wonder the country is in a mess?

Yes, Ryan really screwed up with his response on abortion. How arrogant to think that the national law on abortion should be made by middle aged men (Congress) who never have had, never will have, nor never could have, an abortion.

This attribute of telling other people how to live continues to get in the way of solving the problems that are of real national interest. It could be so simple. If you want an abortion, have one. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one. If you're gay and want to marry someone of the same sex, go ahead; I don't care, and it's none of my business. And if you want to go hunting, go hunting. If you don't want to go hunting, buy meat at the grocery store. It could be that simple. If people weren't so wound up about telling other people how to live.

#791597 - 10/12/12 02:45 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Salmo g.]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
So a presidential election again comes down to the national interests of abortion, gay rights, and who goes hunting the most. Is it really any wonder the country is in a mess?

Yes, Ryan really screwed up with his response on abortion. How arrogant to think that the national law on abortion should be made by middle aged men (Congress) who never have had, never will have, nor never could have, an abortion.

This attribute of telling other people how to live continues to get in the way of solving the problems that are of real national interest. It could be so simple. If you want an abortion, have one. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one. If you're gay and want to marry someone of the same sex, go ahead; I don't care, and it's none of my business. And if you want to go hunting, go hunting. If you don't want to go hunting, buy meat at the grocery store. It could be that simple. If people weren't so wound up about telling other people how to live.

Why over simplify the complexities of the election. Those are single issue voters. Economy is always the first consideration. You have misread Ryan. Overturning Roevwade, will allow the states to make those decisions. Perhaps states rights are only important when you agree with the issue. Roe, was decided in the supreme court, not congress. How many women were on that court? Incase you forget, a major proponent of abortion was Margaret Sanger. Look her up.

This attribute is shared by individuals on both sides. Your toilet, the size of your soft drink and what you pack in a school lunch are now fare game to those on the left. Some of it is rooted in common sense, but you consistently choose the party with larger government intervention in our lives. Preaching libertarian and voting democrat, will change nothing.

#791612 - 10/12/12 03:38 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Tom Joad
So if a candidate came along and had all the answers to the countries problems and could fix it all you would not vote for him if he was pro life and overtly religious? I have yet to see either issue effect a presidency either way but everyone is paranoid about it.

If they had all of the answers, I would likely overlook their religion as an issue. I'm an agnostic, not an atheist. I actually applaud Romney's actions that he takes on as a part of his faith. I think the whole idea of Mormonism is silly, and religion in general, but some people use their religion as a way to guide them through life and make the right choices. Good for them. Many folks are good people in general, without going to church or joining an organized religion. Others use religion as a crutch, many folks do actually, using it as a way to look down on others, and some of the most dishonest folks I've ever known (pastors included) come out with, "I'm a Christian...." as one of their first lines in a conversation. I tend to distrust them from that point on.

I generally tend to lean right, but an issue such as abortion, pro-life or pro choice, isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm snipped. The likelihood of overturning Row V Wade is so minute that to make it a major campaign issue is laughable. Really, the possibility of overturning Row V Wade has such a low probability of being reversed, as in 1 in a billion. A republican could simply say, "Row V Wade is the law of the land, it is what we live with today, but if you are pro-life, then don't get an abortion." Done and difused.

You can have an opinion, but the insistance of tilting at the windmill of abortion is one thing that the Republican party could slightly alter their stance on, state reality (it won't be changed), and they would gather a lot of folks in the middle. There are more folks in the middle at this point in time than any other time as both parties get more and more extreme.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#791619 - 10/12/12 04:01 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: RowVsWade]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Joad... rofl

#791622 - 10/12/12 04:14 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
Joad... rofl

Exactly! rofl

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#791629 - 10/12/12 04:51 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
DF , Who are you calling the middle moderate conservatives and democrats ? I believe recent surveys show moderates as a group have been shrinking since 1992. So that counters your statement that removing an issue from a platform will cause that platform to grow. I would guess that for every moderate they would pick up 5 conservatives would leave if RVW was dropped. It would be the same for the democrats if they gay issue was dropped by the party.

Secondly RVW may not be repealed but it is harder than ever since it passed to get an abortion in the US. Some sates it is impossible.

Personally I think that they are state rights issues .

Chuckarooni piggy backing on someone else's thoughts is not thinking . You are rarely right on any issue and if you have any evidence that the middle is growing show your work. Otherwise get your nose out of DFs underwear .

#791636 - 10/12/12 05:23 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Katmai Guy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
What I don't understand is if the religious right is against abortion and think it's murder, why do they give allowances for rape, incest and health of the mother? Is it because if it's an unwanted pregnancy it makes the definition of what they think is murder different? Seems a little like a double standard. Leave it in your god's hands.

#791642 - 10/12/12 06:00 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Katmai Guy]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Chuckle everything is personal choice some things have legal consequences attached if you make the personal choice to take part in the activity. Murder for example the is nothing preventing you from killing someone if you are willing to accept the legal consequences. I could care less if one person agrees with me unlike you I am not motivated by how many friends I have on Facebook.

Edited by Tom Joad (10/12/12 06:01 PM)

#791644 - 10/12/12 06:23 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Does the R party want to win, or not? If the R party takes a step to the middle where would the ultra conservative folks go? Nowhere.

#791645 - 10/12/12 06:26 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Us and Them]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Does the R party want to win, or not? If the R party takes a step to the middle where would the ultra conservative folks go? Nowhere.

Want a chance at picking up swing states?

#791646 - 10/12/12 06:33 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Dogfish]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

The ultra conservatives about 10 to 15 % of registered repubs would stay home . The swing accounts for about 10% of the caters and I doubt that stance would swing 100% of them.

#791651 - 10/12/12 06:51 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

You really are out of touch with how the world works.

#791655 - 10/12/12 07:15 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Katmai Guy]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: Katmai Guy
What I don't understand is if the religious right is against abortion and think it's murder, why do they give allowances for rape, incest and health of the mother? Is it because if it's an unwanted pregnancy it makes the definition of what they think is murder different? Seems a little like a double standard. Leave it in your god's hands.

What I can't understand is how a party can on one hand support abortion rights, totally ignoring a developing human being's chance at life, but on the other hand scream at the top of their lungs when a terrorist is water boarded in order to obtain information that may lead to saving lives.

#791659 - 10/12/12 07:23 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Dogfish]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Prove me wrong, substitute weed for abortion and Romney would lose the entire Bible Belt.

Edited by Tom Joad (10/12/12 07:27 PM)

#791662 - 10/12/12 07:46 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: DBAppraiser]
Katmai Guy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

DBA, tell you what, I'll think about what you've presented and come up with my opinion if you'll do the same and clarify what I am assuming as your parties stance. What do you say?

#791668 - 10/12/12 08:18 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: DBAppraiser]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
What I can't understand is how a party can on one hand support abortion rights, totally ignoring a developing human being's chance at life, but on the other hand scream at the top of their lungs when a terrorist is water boarded in order to obtain information that may lead to saving lives.

LOL. No Chit

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#791677 - 10/12/12 09:03 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Katmai Guy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Ok, so you're saying Biden was incorrect but that the plan Romney/Ryan are proposing has been done before and didn't work? Hmmmm.

#791680 - 10/12/12 09:13 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Dogfish]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dogfish

You could ask John McCain or Bush 41. They either stayed home, or they voted for the democrat. A lot of very rich republicans voted for Obama. They didnt help Bob Dole out. Some even voted for Perot.

The rich can wait out most presidents. Its just four years. Really bad presidents lose power in two. Clinton and Obama.

Some conservatives can be just as picky or petty as some Ron Paul voters.

#791682 - 10/12/12 09:28 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Katmai Guy]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Katmai Guy
Ok, so you're saying Biden was incorrect but that the plan Romney/Ryan are proposing has been done before and didn't work? Hmmmm.

WTF where you during the 80's. The IRS took in a lot more money. They took in more money during Bush 43 as well. And for some reason, Democrats lick the lips and think higher is better or higher is more fare, but at the same time, they catch Kerry with a Yacht in another state, dodging taxes, Richard Gephart exercising his tax loopholes advantages and Charlie Rangel, who failed to disclose rental income, from his villa in the Dominican Republic.

What is interesting about Biden, Gore and Obama. They all want to help the little guy, but according to various years of their tax returns, they gave very few dollars to charity. They want other wealthy people to give to the little guy.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 911 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |