THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#792030 - 10/15/12 12:03 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#792032 - 10/15/12 12:09 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

JFC

#792033 - 10/15/12 12:13 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

If a reporter wants to write a financial hit piece, the least he could do is to provide sources of his article. There is no verifiable proof here, that what is written is true. Most books have footnotes, this article doesnt even have a written reference.

#792036 - 10/15/12 12:21 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
Special report: Romney's steel skeleton in the Bain closet

The story of Bain's failed investment in the Kansas City mill offers a perspective on a largely overlooked chapter in Romney's business record: His firm's brush with a U.S. bailout.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/06/us-campaign-romney-bailout-idUSTRE8050LL20120106

Fishy

Dave, Soptic is the guy who was featured in an ad that inferred that Romney was responsible for his wifes undiagnosed cancer. It was later disclosed that she had work and insurance for about six years after the mill closed. She was later laid off from her job and then later discovered the cancer. Stephanie Cutter of the Obama campaign LIED about haveing anything to do with the pac ad. A tape of a conference call was released, with cutter and soptic on the line.
But you want us to believe liars that Romney is responsible for the wifes death. Im not even sure that Romney was involved with Bain at the time. These are really old articles. The reserection of Barack Obama isnt possible.

#792037 - 10/15/12 12:22 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
How can you not love this sh!t

god damn rofl

I Do....and I love you.

Actually, Chuck, I think you're probably a good dude. I tend to not convey that sentiment apropriately. Dans and you are easy targets...but undoudtetly good guys.

I'm much nicer in person................

#792053 - 10/15/12 08:33 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Steven Kaplan, a University of Chicago professor of entrepreneurship and finance, describes Bain's track record under Romney as "fantastic," even if some ventures ended in failure.

"You don't do this by just squeezing out costs. Those kinds of returns only come from growth," he said. "Yes, they had some bad investments, I guess in the same way presidents make some bad calls."

Bain showed a remarkable knack for turning a profit. A prospectus from the year 2000 obtained by the Los Angeles Times shows that the buyout firm delivered an average annual return on investment of 88 percent between its founding in 1984 and the end of 1999.

At its peak in 1970, the Kansas City plant, then owned by Armco Steel Corp, employed 4,500 people. Poor market conditions forced a wave of layoffs in the early 1980s and led the company to prune its product line

GS Industries declared bankruptcy on February 7, 2001, and said it would shut down the Kansas City plant, eliminating 750 jobs.

So 3750 jobs were lost in the 1980's but the 750 jobs lost in 2001 are a huge deal?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#792061 - 10/15/12 10:54 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Turing a profit is not the same as being a good company especially if part of the profit cripples the business they are preying on.

Any job lost to increase the bottom line so that management can collect bonuses is unconscionable no matter the decade!

They still ran the pension fund into the ground and caused declines in income of the people who worked there, some for life.

Mitt may not be a bad guy, but with his elusive and cryptic financial dealings I do not trust him with our countries finances.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#792112 - 10/15/12 02:33 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Ahh you got me on a mistake, early in the AM and not enough coffee.

Cute try though...

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#792115 - 10/15/12 02:41 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

I won't begin to explain my life to you, suffice to say that when I want to hit that early bite I sure can and yes it's great to be retired!

But you won't find me on here all day every day so have at it, got things to do....

Fishy

#792371 - 10/16/12 08:46 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Ryan in hot water for photo op at soup kitchen

Ryan and his wife put on aprons and washed several pans that already appeared to be clean, and then were off to the airport

“The photo op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2012/10/15/ryan-in-hot-water-for-photo-op-at-soup-kitchen/

Fishy

#792386 - 10/16/12 10:43 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Were they homeless people in a soup line working at a solar panel shop?

Fishy

#792399 - 10/16/12 11:10 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Were they homeless people in a soup line working at a solar panel shop?

Fishy

Not at the time.

#792448 - 10/16/12 03:40 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: docspud]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

I'm sure Romney has a plan to put them all to work if we just the the "job creators" another tax break, course there has to be demand before those jobs can be created but he sure does sound good.

Fishy

#792480 - 10/16/12 05:55 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
[quote=Somethingsmellsf] to hearing the details second-hand from a volunteer.

wink

Course if he was some liberal we would have seen it copied and pasted all over from some old guy with nothing better to do than believe his online persona is an absolute!

wink

Fishy

#792648 - 10/17/12 10:34 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

The only thing that's funny is the amount of time you spend on here with your continuous diatribe and blather.

Most of the rest of us go outside and live life on a daily basis, you seem to live to be on here.

Pretty sad.

Fishy

#792653 - 10/17/12 11:07 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
The only thing that's funny is the amount of time you spend on here with your continuous diatribe and blather.

Most of the rest of us go outside and live life on a daily basis, you seem to live to be on here.

Pretty sad.

Fishy

Typical libby.......Was it AM that said something about the blackest utensil/spoon?

Very sad.

#792925 - 10/18/12 10:17 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: docspud]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: docspud

Pretty sad.

Fishy

Typical libby.......Was it AM that said something about the blackest utensil/spoon?

Very sad.

Look at the post count and the amount of time spent on here, that is what is very sad.

Fishy

#792944 - 10/18/12 10:55 AM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: docspud

Pretty sad.

Fishy

Very sad.

Look at the post count and the amount of time spent on here, that is what is very sad.

Fishy

What a nasty little person you're turning out to be. I guess that's what happens when your liberal fanaticism gets challenged.

I notice you only have an issue with me and my time spent here and not Todd, who is close behind me in the count. You seem to be a bit of a hypocrite eh?

Not talking about you at all, I was talking about Hank and how he seems to be able to irradiate people all the while blathering this or that on everything GOP.

I have no liberal fanaticism but only try and give another example to the constant diatribe given on here by the Repubs.

And as for being nasty that sure is the kettle calling the pot black. After almost every comment that may not coincide with yours there always seems to be a smarmy little comment, like we can't disagree without the name calling, finger pointing or childish behavior.

I've dealt with enough foolishness today, I'm out.

Fishy

#793079 - 10/18/12 05:56 PM Re: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan The Hunter [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Quote:
I have no liberal fanaticism but only try and give another example to the constant diatribe given on here by the Repubs.

There is no shortage of "diatribes" from the left on this board that you ignore totally. Therefore, you have a demonstrated bias and shown the fanaticism on several occasions.

As to who you were addressing regarding the time spent here... it sure doesn't appear you were directing it at Hank.

Hank and Todd will eventually surpass my post count. I think they type a lot faster than me. rofl

As to the insulting comments/name calling, this is the dark side and I'm a bitch. You should expect me to call you an a$$ if you act like an a$$.

Wrong, I have called for centrist ideals and have been struck down for those as well. I don't follow any one persons posts but I do take a little more effort with Hank as he is a self proclaimed "Irritant"

I could care less if you think I was addressing you, I find most of your posts mundane and snarky with little appeal than to call someone names and to create miasma.

And just because this is the dark side does not mean we should all step into the gutter.

Fishy

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1030 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645362 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |