Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79366 - 10/21/06 11:34 PM shotguns
sharkbait75 Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: everett
is there and where is the best place to buy shotgun's?
Thanks

#79367 - 10/22/06 02:24 AM Re: shotguns
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Either the Monroe or Puyallup gunshows, but you need to be a member and it cost like $50 to join, there by completely eliminating any money you might save by buying elsewhere.

However, the best way to purchase a firearm is to ask at different gunstores how much they charge for an FFL. What this is is simply a Firearms Transfer. If you find one who will do any FFL for $20-$40 or so then he's kosher. Then what you do is go online and look at gun auctions, classifieds, and Manufacturer's websites and find the exact type of Shottie you want, go back to the gunstore who'll do your FFL transfer, give him the $$$ and the shipping and ordering info and have him transfer it for you. You can save hundreds doing this.

Do not attempt this thru Larry's Guns of Olympia, as they will do thier best to hose you...They'll order it for you, but they'll charge you whatever they feel like they can get out of you to get your gun.

#79368 - 10/22/06 01:39 PM Re: shotguns
WAID Offline
Parr

Loc: here and there
I'd say your best bet is finding something in the classifieds or a friend with a shotgun. If you aren't fortunate enough to have a friend with a gun for sale or don't know what to look for with used guns some of the bigger retailers usually have decent sales. As evil as places like Walmart or Big5 might be they are cheap. That said all the shops I've been to have fairly good prices and customer service. I haven't been impressed with the prices I've seen online since most things I've bought where 10-20%(or more) than what I paid for them(and that was before shipping and transfer fees).

#79369 - 10/23/06 12:42 PM Re: shotguns
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
There's also quality to consider.

Wally World and Big 5 sell mainly "Entry Level" or off-brand shotties for only a few cents less than what you would buy anywhere else. Their higher-end stuff isn't any cheaper and sometimes even more expensive.

If you want used, browse the classifieds; If you prefer new, start prowling the Gunshops and the 'net.

#79370 - 10/23/06 07:56 PM Re: shotguns
goforchrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: sammamish WA
For on-site slection, Kesselrings in Burlington has more of everything than I've ever seen.
For pricing and friendly service, I use Ben's Loans in Renton.
They will custom order and know what they're doing.

#79371 - 10/23/06 10:56 PM Re: shotguns
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Kesselrings was my favorite shop whe I was in Bellingham. Been to Ben's once, as they stocked some Aguila ammo I was trying to get. Both good stores.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#79372 - 10/25/06 10:32 PM Re: shotguns
Crownandcoke Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: University Place, WA
Even though I have difficulty shopping at Wal-Mart (they're about to take over the world), they have a decent selection of guns. You have to go to the gun counter and ask for their special order gun book. You can also access this "special order book" on their website. They can order from numerous manufacturers and their prices are pretty good. I bought a Browning BPS and it was almost $50 cheaper than Sportco. Good luck and let us know what you get.

#79373 - 10/26/06 04:30 PM Re: shotguns
jackelope Offline
Smolt

Loc: duvall, wa
kesselring or ben's, both good shops
i also heard discount gun sales has good prices, in totem lake. i've heard it from a few different people

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 459 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |