THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#795187 - 10/27/12 07:13 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya **** [Re: mreyns_tgl]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
He's a publicity whore, Mark.....you jealous? C'mon.....out with it. wink

#795194 - 10/27/12 09:03 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ParaLeaks]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
i would be quite interested in a merg vid on how he aproaches woman with that frohawk.

half hour infomercial late at night. try my pickup lines and my twitchy itchy jig pesentations! wether sleazy hotties or slimey silvers, my techniques get action! 1 800 666 2112 or 1 800 HOT MERG

#795207 - 10/27/12 10:42 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Brewer]
Salman Offline
Spawner

"Mergy's believe it or not"

#795212 - 10/27/12 11:54 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Salman]
spoon man Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: oly
umm...huh?

#795284 - 10/28/12 12:11 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
steelhead59 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
WTF, now what are ya up to ? First you trying to keep your twitching and jig styles a big secret, and now you want to sell freely given knowledge learned from your friend ? Maybe you need to go back to Hawaii and sell daily excursions to tourists. Oh by the way, how about cleaning that pig stigh of a bedroom and give your mother some grocery money

#795293 - 10/28/12 12:47 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ParaLeaks]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
He's a publicity whore, Mark.....you jealous? C'mon.....out with it. wink

No, but I can tell you are, you'd suck merg off any chance you can get

#795294 - 10/28/12 12:49 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: steelhead59]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Originally Posted By: steelhead59
WTF, now what are ya up to ? First you trying to keep your twitching and jig styles a big secret, and now you want to sell freely given knowledge learned from your friend ? Maybe you need to go back to Hawaii and sell daily excursions to tourists. Oh by the way, how about cleaning that pig stigh of a bedroom and give your mother some grocery money

bahahahaha.....classic.

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#795308 - 10/28/12 02:09 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Grocery money? He probably invested it all in his DVD.......

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#795313 - 10/28/12 02:33 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Loc: Oahu, HI /Olympia, WA
learned from my friend?!?!?!? RIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHT. i was doing it WELL before he became a guide. Did in the salt and caught fish in the Skok with it before he was guiding. he just used it guiding and started using it exclusively...obviously got better at it..and started to show the diversirty of the technique. Then he left to montana for half the year and i took it further than ever.

hey 'guides' i meant no disrespect what so ever. i respect what you guys do. You guys bust your a$$ to provide an amazing time. i couldnt do it....ever...... so i tip my hat to you guys.

but i can teach somebody in 8 hours to outfish every single guy on the river for silvers, chum, and pick up an extra steelhead or king on those tougher trips. fish first cast? 5 fish in 5 casts? how about two fish in one cast? lost the first....had another one take it before i reeled in....

shrug. if theres money to be made doing it. why keep it a secret. everyones trying it....i did say TRYING it. eventually good fisherman will start to master it just as i did over time. why not make money on it now?

if your good at it...great....go for it. i'll still outfish you doing it BEHIND you after you fished through. Do it allll the time. smile you want to learn how to do it better let me know.

i knew you guys would love this : ) my faithful bench warmer fans. lots of talk....not so much show. keep jawing ( raise the roof) your just making me look better the worse you talk hyahaha

#795315 - 10/28/12 02:35 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Mergantroider]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Loc: Oahu, HI /Olympia, WA
the technique is easier done, less fatigue to your wrist ( spoiler!!!) and more EFFECTIVELY done with a spinning rod. tested both....spininng rod gets the nod. i am a baitcasting DIE hard. only time i use the scrotum scratchers.

#795318 - 10/28/12 02:41 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Mergantroider]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK

Delusions of Grandeur

a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#795329 - 10/28/12 03:14 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ColeyG]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
My gauge is fun and Merg's having it. Doesn't distract from others' abilities as fishermen, so quit being so indignant and petty.

Some elect to work from early in life until the end, some play from start to finish.....whatever floats your boat. But watching fun beats the Hell out of watching work.

And as for your "sucking" remark, Mark......it's a pitiful little bitch remark. When have I ever said anything condescending about you? I'm not responsible for your choices, so if your choices don't bring you what you want....change them.

#795331 - 10/28/12 03:22 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ParaLeaks]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Hey at least it's obvious from the vid that the boy knows low to pull LOW and LEFT.

I think slab hit it right in his last post. It is America idn't it? Piscatorial "pursuit of happiness" and all. If someone's brand of fun does not take away from yours, what's the big deal? No harm, no foul.

Entertaining as always Merg. You've definitely filled a void and found a unique niche on this board.

Who needs VHawk now that we got The Merg?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#795364 - 10/28/12 05:24 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: Mergantroider]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Mergantroider

i have gotten three emails from people wanting to learn. i have literally spent a 1000 plus hours doing JUST this technique for every species of fish that swim in the river. I have also caught them ALL. i have video and picture PROOF.

OKAY, i want to get in on this too, yes i have fished with the merg, though it was more like driving him around and watching him catch and then want to leave for greener pastures..yes he is pretty dangerous with those jigs, and YES..he has some serious maturing to do, both cosmetically and mentally..

then you go and post all this after i got a scathing email after posting my twitching jigs from earlier this year on here and facebook..huh?? and the video thing could be fun(ny) but i believe the price wont get that bird off the ground. But seriously 1000+ hours? you got a log book bro? you should do some math because even the guides can have a hard time putting up those hours in your "given" timeline.
BTW..I hope I get a cut off these dvd's..actually i think i want those couple GB's worth of my footage from my rivers back if this is how they will be used...kinda serious there..

its a technique and a fad..once everyone from tidewater up is doing it the fish will get keen and fade away, then on to the next "big thaaang"
--it'll be the same way how you and your guide budding went in and pounded those 4 holes last year like a bunch of whores, hit them everyday like yall did and..well, you where there, you know that 2 weeks later it got tough...(be smart enough not to guide there either like the other walk-in dipshyts)

the lesson offer is also kinda funny dude, because I would already have taken care of my guiding fees and insurance before making a statement as such....i think its much smarter to keep your 9-5 at terrace and fish for fun, if you ask me why? i say go back and search for the Vhawk scandal, your cuter than him but it wont help.

I know your a decent guy jerid but why is it that anytime I see you associated with something on here I just shake my head and sigh?

wait a second!!..are you the same guy on the gayfishin.com that re-posted our video from that day to drum up business?

please dont become a guide, you'll give superfisky a bad name..

we need to update the stars rating..Merg and hook will battle for the top! what

#795368 - 10/28/12 05:37 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: On The Swing]
David Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Homer, Alaska
Dude. Total hater.....

#795369 - 10/28/12 05:49 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: On The Swing]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: On The Swing
[quote=Mergantroider]

OKAY, i want to get in on this too, yes i have fished with the merg, though it was more like driving him around and watching him catch and then want to leave for greener pastures..yes he is pretty dangerous with those jigs, and YES..he has some serious maturing to do, both cosmetically and mentally..

then you go and post all this after i got a scathing email after posting my twitching jigs from earlier this year on here and facebook..huh?? and the video thing could be fun(ny) but i believe the price wont get that bird off the ground. But seriously 1000+ hours? you got a log book bro? you should do some math because even the guides can have a hard time putting up those hours in your "given" timeline.
BTW..I hope I get a cut off these dvd's..actually i think i want those couple GB's worth of my footage from my rivers back if this is how they will be used...kinda serious there..

its a technique and a fad..once everyone from tidewater up is doing it the fish will get keen and fade away, then on to the next "big thaaang"
--it'll be the same way how you and your guide budding went in and pounded those 4 holes last year like a bunch of whores, hit them everyday like yall did and..well, you where there, you know that 2 weeks later it got tough...(be smart enough not to guide there either like the other walk-in dipshyts)

the lesson offer is also kinda funny dude, because I would already have taken care of my guiding fees and insurance before making a statement as such....i think its much smarter to keep your 9-5 at terrace and fish for fun, if you ask me why? i say go back and search for the Vhawk scandal, your cuter than him but it wont help.

I know your a decent guy jerid but why is it that anytime I see you associated with something on here I just shake my head and sigh?

wait a second!!..are you the same guy on the gayfishin.com that re-posted our video from that day to drum up business?

please dont become a guide, you'll give superfisky a bad name..

we need to update the stars rating..Merg and hook will battle for the top! what

OK, so much for no harm, no foul.

I stand corrected.

Back to my fried clams.

Carry on....

Edited by eyeFISH (10/28/12 05:49 PM)

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#795371 - 10/28/12 05:55 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: David]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
Let’s see, twitching jigs, the new fad. The first time I twitched a jig was sometime in the mid 60's in Lake Washington, and it wasn't new then, there was also a seminar at one of the sportsman shows in the 80's about twitching jigs. The method comes and goes just like many other methods, and like other things in life, some people do it much better than others.
Merg has developed certain "skills" that seem to work very well for him, at least in his world of priorities, and like Slab says, he's very entertaining.

#795378 - 10/28/12 06:26 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ondarvr]
donno Offline
The Cool kid

Loc: baker prairie
Great thread! banana

#795404 - 10/28/12 09:29 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: ]
outrnm Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Cool thread! It took me a little while to figure our the twitching jigs thing (like a week) but bass guys have been doing the same identical thing for the past 30 years.

i dunno Merg, sounds like a lot of fluff in your sales pitch... you need to do a latenight infomercial next

#795406 - 10/28/12 09:42 PM Re: all the hype..you wanna learn? fine.i'll teach ya [Re: outrnm]
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...

Kind of reminds me of a few original characters when this bb started in '99
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMENQeCbxfI&feature=relmfu

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 310 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |