THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#798784 - 11/08/12 06:30 PM Open warfare.
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Two Iranian warplanes attack an American Predator over Internatiional
waters and that is not an act of war? WTF.

#798786 - 11/08/12 06:39 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Illyrian]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It's an act of utter stupidity, to say the least.

Act of war? Not so much.

What I want to know is how do fighter jets fail to shoot down an unarmed and unmanned drone? With two shots, nonetheless!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#798788 - 11/08/12 06:45 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Todd]
redhook
Unregistered

i consider it an act of war...

it was international airspace, if they had shot at one of our fighter jets, they would consider that an act of war... just because the Predator is unmanned, doesnt change anything, they fired on one of our aircraft in international airspace, and honestly, they should pay for it, im getting sick of Iran and their bullsh!t ways they are living by trying to scare people like they are some big bad ass on the block that will take anyone...

the SU-25 is a complete joke of a jet, it probably couldnt hang with one of our old F-4 Phantoms, let alone a SuperHornet or any of the other 18s, 16s, and 15s we have... i DARE them to try...

#798789 - 11/08/12 06:46 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The fact that it was unmanned makes all the difference in the world.

Fish on...

Todd

#798795 - 11/08/12 07:02 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: redhook

it was international airspace, if they had shot at one of our fighter jets, they would consider that an act of war... just because the Predator is unmanned, doesnt change anything, they fired on one of our aircraft in international airspace, and honestly, they should pay for it, im getting sick of Iran and their bullsh!t ways they are living by trying to scare people like they are some big bad ass on the block that will take anyone...

the SU-25 is a complete joke of a jet, it probably couldnt hang with one of our old F-4 Phantoms, let alone a SuperHornet or any of the other 18s, 16s, and 15s we have... i DARE them to try...

Obviously cooler heads prevailed. RH sigle-handedly ignites a powder keg.

rofl

Edited by JTD (11/08/12 07:03 PM)
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#798800 - 11/08/12 07:25 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: JTD]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
The air assault on Iran has begun.

Attachments
RH Air Corps..jpg

#798801 - 11/08/12 07:30 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Direct-Drive]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I wouldnt accept any report from Rueters or the AP at face value. I'm certain what is being reported isn't the entire truth, or even truthful.
Those air force pilots could have shot it down if they wanted to, perhaps they fired a few warning shots that are now being mischaracterized as an attack?

#798806 - 11/08/12 07:37 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Sky-Guy]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Their jets fly at something like 530mph, the drone at 120mph...it's not like the drone out flew or outran them.

Fish on...

Todd

#798807 - 11/08/12 07:39 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Sky-Guy]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
I wouldnt accept any report from Rueters or the AP at face value. I'm certain what is being reported isn't the entire truth, or even truthful.
Those air force pilots could have shot it down if they wanted to, perhaps they fired a few warning shots that are now being mischaracterized as an attack?

1) The Predator was probably spying and probably either in their airspace or right on the edge.

2) The Iranian pilots suck.

#798808 - 11/08/12 07:39 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Todd]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Todd
Their jets fly at something like 530mph, the drone at 120mph...it's not like the drone out flew or outran them.

Fish on...

Todd

So, you are suggesting the Iranians had better judgement than...
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#798810 - 11/08/12 07:41 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: JTD]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I'm suggesting that if Iranian figher pilots intended to shoot down an unmanned and unarmed drone that the drone would have splashed.

I'm also suggesting that anyone who thinks this is an act of war, in the unlikely event that anything like the truth is being shared, is a dumbfuck.

Fish on...

Todd

#798811 - 11/08/12 07:41 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: JTD]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: JTD
Originally Posted By: Todd

Fish on...

Todd

So, you are suggesting the Iranians had better judgement than...

Drone outflew them.
Dove toward mommy and daddy Super Hornet.
Iranians did not want to tango.

#798812 - 11/08/12 07:43 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

More like incompetent interpretations of what probably happened, Hank. How much do you know about Iran? here is a start:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_aZ7qSg0NY

Do they look incompetent to you? wait, please dont answer smile

#798813 - 11/08/12 07:45 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

And Illyrian and Redhook, if you think starting any type of conflict with Iran is a good idea, let me show you some blue states in the middle of the corn belt where you'll feel right at home with the rest of the illiterates.

#798822 - 11/08/12 07:59 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Sky-Guy]
redhook
Unregistered

like i said, the SU 25 is a complete pile of sh!t... the Russians basically tried to copy us in our concept with the Hog, aka A-10 Warthog, but they failed.. the SU also isnt a fighter jet, but more of a ground support jet like the A-10, but way less nimble, and a huge pile of sh!t...

they didnt fire warning shots, who the hell would do that? the fact is they missed, and there is 2 reasons they missed..

1, their pilots suck ass, and couldnt shoot down a refueling jet even while hooked to the hose

2, the gun, it is obnoxious as all hell, the recoil from it rattles the sh!t out of the cockpit, pilot, and rest of the plane... the recoil is so bad, that 90 percent likely of pilots dont even want to use it, and with it being that bad, it makes it extremely inaccurate... the SU can carry 2 air to air missiles, but mainly just bombs and rockets for air to ground attack, its not a fighter jet, more like a small bomber... i could probably outfly the peice of sh!t with an R/C Hellicopter...

Iran possibly may have J-10s from China, and SU 30s from Russia, but i dont know if that is known yet... the SU 30 is basically an F-15 rip off, but its way slower, and not near as manueverable as the 15...

all other countries need to take heed when it comes to air superiority, the US OWNS it, no one will beat it, so just stop trying... or, get blown up, your choice...

SG, i dont think its a good idea, im just sick of their crap... and Iran couldnt do sh!t to us anyways, im not even worried... nuke em for all i care...

Edited by redhook (11/08/12 08:00 PM)

#798823 - 11/08/12 08:00 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Sky-Guy]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Maybe I was't clear Todd...

I was suggesting Redhook would dropped that drone in a heartbeat while the Iranian pilots seemed to have better sense than to start WW3

*** please see his above statement****

He is ready to nuke them....

Edited by JTD (11/08/12 08:02 PM)

#798828 - 11/08/12 08:03 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: redhook

Make sure to be there when the recruiter opens in the morning, putting someone else life in danger suddenly becomes very real when it's your azz on the line!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#798859 - 11/08/12 09:22 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Probably went down something like this:

Mahmoud: "Hey Farhad! You suck so bad as a pilot that you'll probably just crash land your Mig-25 in to Iraq!"

Farhad: "Your sister is an ugly goat, Mahmoud! I'll bet you 100,000 tomans that you can't shoot down that American-Capitalist-Pig-Dog Predator Drone flying over there!"

Mahmoud: "Better break out your wallet Farhad, hold my beer and WATCH THIS!"

Farhad: "Ha! You missed that drone by 300 meters! The American controller is laughing at you right now! Suck it, Mahmoud!"

Mahmoud: "I hate you Farhad."

#798863 - 11/08/12 09:32 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: The Moderator]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: parker
Probably went down something like this:

Mahmoud: "Hey Farhad! You suck so bad as a pilot that you'll probably just crash land your Mig-25 in to Iraq!"

Farhad: "Your sister is an ugly goat, Mahmoud! I'll bet you 100,000 tomans that you can't shoot down that American-Capitalist-Pig-Dog Predator Drone flying over there!"

Mahmoud: "Better break out your wallet Farhad, hold my beer and WATCH THIS!"

Farhad: "Ha! You missed that drone by 300 meters! The American controller is laughing at you right now! Suck it, Mahmoud!"

Mahmoud: "I hate you Farhad, almost as much as I hate this Russian crate."

Farhad: "Maybe would should become friends with the Americans again and get some of the good sh!t."

Mahoud: "Who would we shoot at ? The Americans are friends with everyone."

Farhad: "Mahoud, you can't hit sh!t, so shoot at whatever you want."

Mahmoud: "I still hate you, Farhad."

#798865 - 11/08/12 09:45 PM Re: Open warfare. [Re: Direct-Drive]
redhook
Unregistered

LOL, nice work guys...

Irans AF wouldnt last through the first 24 hours against ours... our B-1s 2s and 52s would blow thier bases and planes off the map with the first strikes...and our fighters would eliminate the ones that got away and up in the air...

Iran should also watch it with Israel, they have our 15s and 16s, as well as Cobra and Apache choppers... they will also be getting the
F-35 which is pretty bad ass in itself, and the C-130 Super Herc, which could, and may be turned into a AC-130, with a Howitzer cannon along with others such as 40mm and 20mms, they probably will only do it to 1 tho... i think the US has under 50 AC-130s in operation, but mess with em, and have fun with the molten rain falling down upon the..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 972 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |