Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#797641 - 11/04/12 11:11 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Hank, I'll bet you wouldn't give a rats ass about all of this if it happened the same way but under a republican president. In that case, the president would be a brilliant war hawk, who never reveals his cards, and you would say let him play. It would be the same as it was with GWB, every republican just gave him the benefit of the doubt again and again and again and again......And they still do.

Every little blunder under Obama is turned into a big deal by his enemies. That is about it. I think some people expect more from Obama than any president in their lives. Why?

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#797650 - 11/05/12 12:23 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Whoa!! Just saw THIS on TV tonight. Reran it for the wife to see. Found it on UTube. Check it out.

#797674 - 11/05/12 09:29 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
"Every little blunder under Bush is turned into a big deal by his enemies. That is about it. I think some people expected more from Bush than any president in their lives. Why?"
Read that somewhere. Fixed the errors.

Edited by Illyrian (11/05/12 09:30 AM)

#797694 - 11/05/12 11:37 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Illyrian]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

These guys must hate Obama. A bunch of right wing kook aid swillers.

CBS Releases Previously Withheld ’60 Minutes’ Interview Segment in Which Obama Refuses to Call Benghazi a Terrorist Attack
Posted on November 5, 2012 at 10:24am by Tiffany Gabbay

Do you recall when, during the second presidential debate, Mitt Romney called President Obama out on the fact that he did not refer to the deadly attack on our U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi that claimed four American lives an “act of terror” in a speech given from the White House Rose Garden the day following the attack? Moderator Candy Crowley quickly swooped in to aid Obama and “fact-check” Romney, declaring that the president did indeed use the term “act of terror” in the Rose Garden that fateful day as he referred to Benghazi, only to later backpedal and cede that the GOP contender was actually “right in the main.” Now, a never before-seen portion of a “60 Minutes” interview conducted September 12, the day following the siege, has been released, revealing that the president refused to call Benghazi a terrorist attack.

For reference, during his September 12 speech at the White House Rose Garden, Obama did not call the attack in Benghazi an “act of terror” or a “terrorist attack” at all. He used the phrase “acts of terror” directly following remarks about the original September 11 attack on the World Trade Center in which he said that no “acts of terror” (in general) would be tolerated by America.

Many of the president’s inconsistencies and contradictory remarks regarding the carnage in Benghazi that claimed Ambassador Christopher Stevens, his aid Sean Smith and Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Dohery has since been buried by presidential politics and a mainstream media that appears eager to give the president what essentially amounts to a free pass. That may have changed, however, at least in some small way after this latest inconvenient truth has surfaced — and it’s one the president will likely wish had been relegated to CBS News’ cutting room floor.

The previously withheld segment of a September 12 “60 Minutes” interview with Obama conducted by CBS correspondent Steve Croft reveals that the president refused to call the deadly siege in Benghazi, which reports now indicate was carried out by al Qaeda and pro al Qaeda militants, an act of terrorism.

The original transcript has been made available and a video clip of the previously unaired interview portion is featured below. It was posted by CBS rather inconspicuously on November 4 and clearly it was not given any prominence on the CBS site as it has only garnred 12 comments. Thus far, the only other mainstream news outlet to pick up on the phantom interview segment was Fox News in a report by anchor Bret Baier. Watch this telling, and perhaps damning clip of the president as he skirts the issue and verbiage of terrorism all together.

Perhaps the next logical question would be, why did CBS release this new footage at all?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cbs-rele...rrorist-attack/

#797792 - 11/05/12 04:34 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

From the other thread:

". . . it appears to be Fox News’ narrative that is coming undone instead."

#797793 - 11/05/12 04:35 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Salmo g.]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Is it time to harass fishermen at boat ramps yet, Leadeater?

You are one sad piece of [Bleeeeep!].

#797824 - 11/05/12 07:32 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
LeadEater's house is at SnivelFactor Orange.

Not sure what that means exactly, but it's a damn sight higher snivel factor than usual, and his usual snivel factor is damn near off the map.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#797964 - 11/06/12 04:01 AM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
Is it time to harass fishermen at boat ramps yet, Leadeater?

You are one sad piece of [Bleeeeep!].

Given the size of the room for the commission meetings, its not worth my time, to go out and get people to attend. My fault for not having been to a meeting before, I put out the flyers.

That was 2010. While you think its a big joke, any organization can collapse if new members are not continuously recruited. Someone recruited the guy that gave Save our salmon a half million dollars, for the initiative signatures. It wasnt me. But every time you mock me, someone else is keeping his head down and not sticking his neck out. That means, people with money, big money may fall thru the cracks. Now that may not be all that important to you, but the fact is, the organization needs a lot of money to pay the execs and the lobbyist, who is full time. Legal work isnt cheap either. Now perhaps you think that these retired guys will just keep digging money out of their wallets, when your buddy obama has to lower interest rates to 3% to keep business going. Well seniors cant keep up with inflation at 1% CD rates. So where does new money come from? You? Its not coming from me, cause Im not going back out to any ramp on your behalf or anyone elses. I dont give a fk.

Keep that in mind, because the organization that I recruit for is in the process of fixing the CR issue in TWO states at the same time, with almost no extra money spent of its own. Had 81 failed, we would be back to square one. Had 81 passed, we would still have to get WA to go along. The oregon governor is running ads against two other initiatives, cause he does not like them. They only pay attention to us, because we vote and now we have a pack. We would not be in this position without the members who were routinely ridiculed and the free labor and the money spent to go to banquets to pay for the personel we need to keep fishing going. You can thank cca and a few chosen legislators for carrying the water on a 60 million dollar hatchery investment. Im sure PSA is in there in the mix and they have to raise money just like cca does.

FYI I dont think much of you either. We're even.

#799140 - 11/10/12 12:53 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

9/11/12 I wonder how many think that date is a coincidence?

#799175 - 11/10/12 03:00 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Illyrian]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Does that really matter?

#799219 - 11/10/12 06:41 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Salmo g.]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

It does if you care about the attack and its' casualties. Obviously
the Chain of command didn't get the connection. Just a riot over a
silly video. BS

#799222 - 11/10/12 06:47 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Illyrian]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

It could be just as likely on any anniversary date of 9/11. Who's saying - today - that is was just the riot about the silly video, besides nobody? Once you lock your mind around something, no matter how egregious the error, you can't seem to let go. Why?

#799333 - 11/11/12 12:16 PM Re: US Consulate in Benghazi. Really? [Re: Salmo g.]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Perhaps the error is elsewhere.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |