Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#807077 - 12/12/12 09:12 PM Re: Legal Pot ***** [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
OK beeches, I'm home.....been working.....making my retirement a little sweeter. First off, I want to thank all of those who are doing likewise. smile

I don't think there is a chance in Hell that I am going to agree that legalizing mary jane is not going to cause more problems than we have now. As an addictive drug, it will be misused and there will be collateral damages associated with that. Book it.

I wrote a long bit on this, but I deleted it, because I'm not wasting any more of my breath with fools.

Six months or a year from now you can tell me how "right" you've been. Meanwhile try to keep an open mind.....I'll do the same.

#807079 - 12/12/12 09:16 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ParaLeaks]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: slabby
I wrote a long bit on this, but I deleted it, because it was all bullsh!t

Typo.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#807083 - 12/12/12 09:43 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ParaLeaks]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Slappy
I wrote a long bit on this, but I deleted it, because I'm a total fuckin fool.

More typo. You're welcome.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#807089 - 12/12/12 10:16 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

i want to hear how much he knows about marijuana...

the only thing i do agree with (i cant believe i just said that), is that there is some wrong thinking here... peoples opinions of MJ are based on the years of illegality, and what the government told you... which is rather odd because back in the days, they used Hemp paper to write stuff on, and, on the back of old 5 dollar bills, you will see a wagon with horses loaded up with hemp...

Chinese used it as medicine over 5000 years ago, and likely far longer than that...

Jakes just pissed he has to stick with that bammer bobby brownbud thats still illegal, and cant enjoy the Purple Berry Kush and Blackberry Kush that gets kicked out in WA daily... legally... well, will be to open market soon enough..

and Jake, no horsesh!t about "Maui Wowi", sh!ts schwag and you know it...

#807098 - 12/12/12 10:45 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Anything you can get in Seattle, you can get anywhere in the world.

Weed doesn't know any borders.

#807218 - 12/13/12 01:17 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: Dan S.]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Too many days of accomplishing nothing as a result of Opium Thai Sticks are the reason I no longer partake. Although I might if it doesn't jeapordize my career.

#807223 - 12/13/12 01:24 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: stlhead]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
They legalize pot and Hostess goes out of business.... Well at least Frito-Lay is still making munchies!

#807243 - 12/13/12 02:45 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
I grew up in Bellingham during the era of Kurt Cobain and have had a lot of friends with substance abuse issues. Some of my former best friends are dead or I have no idea what they are up to since I steer clear of them these days.

Anyone who blames drugs for these people's issues is very much wrong. All of them were either schizophrenic before they started using, or came from families that were completely [Bleeeeep!] up. I can only think of one guy who had a good family and health and [Bleeeeep!] it up royally out of at least a dozen.

I never partook in the hard drugs because I was already addicted to fishing which is one of the hardest there is. I thank god for this passion and that it takes precedence over getting loaded. Some people simply don't have passions in life because they are severely depressed from a host of sources, usually crappy family, or are mentally handicapped.

I get tired of people thinking MJ is a gateway drug and what not. Nearly everyone I knew who "screwed their lives up" was already screwed when they were completely sober in elementary school.

And don't get me started about alcoholics. I would way rather work with a stoner than a guy who hammers down 4 drinks before work and on lunch. I have worked with these types and they are assholes, always cranky, always blaming everyone and thing but themselves. Stoners say some stupid $hit but they are usually more peaceable and easier to work with towards a common goal in the work place.

However, I currently work in an environment where everyone is 100% sober during the work day and that is a first in my life and I am very thankful.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#807301 - 12/13/12 06:05 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Have you ever used your brain for something other than to hold your ears apart with?

Just wondering.

#807303 - 12/13/12 06:09 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Congratulations?

#807313 - 12/13/12 06:24 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I've known a couple of people who became Spicoli's but the only real bad incident I've seen was a guy who got ahold of PCP laced pot in the 70's. His roomate came home to a shreaded house. Sink was ripped out and toilet smashed. After a stay in the hospital the guy was never the same. He "found Christ" and that's all he would talk about. All the more reason the govt should be ensuring that people get unadulterated drugs.

#807315 - 12/13/12 06:25 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: 2MANY
Some here should have been breast feed.
Formula isn't the same.
That synthetic stuff is bad news.

This looks like a job for...SPELL CHECKER!

#807320 - 12/13/12 06:29 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker

Yup. The idea that weed leads to hard drugs was always stupid imo, except with one exception. In the 70s the gov't lumped all drugs into one pile saying in their anti-drug movies that they'd all kill you. So kids smoked some and realized they were still alive so they tried other stuff assuming the gov't totally lied. Had the gov't been honest, some of those kids might not have tried the hard stuff.

Anyway, to those who say that weed leads to heroin, I say mothers milk leads to heroin. Hell, mothers milk leads to Everything. (ok, I stole that line.)

They are pretty much still teaching kids these days that all drugs are equally bad. I definitely feel this can lead good people down the wrong path.

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Has anyone ever used heroin as a gateway drug to pot?

Just wondering.

My friends who have been addicted to heroin say that weed is a waste of their time. It it not even comparable. If you are an addict, you use it and move right back to the hard stuff.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#807322 - 12/13/12 06:31 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

as i said, peoples opinions are/were formed due to its illegality and what the government told you to think...

i have never once smoked weed, and then though "sh!t, i wanna shoot some H now"... never once smoked weed and thought "hmmm, a nice fat gram of Meth would really do the trick"... it was more like " damn im starving, better go hit up JiB for some burgers and fries"... then, i forgot, and remembered 2 hours later and just ordered pizza... (<< joke, weed doesnt make you stupid)...

for weed to be of the same class as Meth and H, is ridiculous and absurd... weed smokers or whatever you want to call them, arent the ones stealling the boat motors off the back of your boats (they would get flustered and give up within the first 30 seconds), Meth addicts do, they will also cut the catelytic converters off your car in a Wal Mart parking lot becaus they have platinum in them... weed also doesnt kill you, remember, my girlfriends brother is dead now, because of H... Coke is another one thats not even comparable, it can be made into crack, and i dont know 1 person that has ever sucked someones dong for a bowl of weed (unless they are some skanky bug infested ho bag that would do it regardless)...

part of the reason that weed was illegal for so long, is that the government truely cannot capitolize on it and completely own it... you cant own a natural growing plant... you cant patent a naturally growing plant... the BigPharm dont want any competition, they also dont want anything called "medicine" around if their hands are all up the colon in it... BigPharm/Government, basically the same entity...

THC, CBN, and CBD are the 3 major components of weed, THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol ) is what gets you high, its psychoactive, CBN (Cannabinol) is also phsycoactive, but not nearly as relevant as THC, but does work with it to get you "high"... CBD (Cannabidiol) is a bit different, IT is the one that kills cancer cells and reduces inflamation and such... it is also nearly half of the plant percentage wise...

if you want to get technical, pretty much everything you ingest gets you "high"... Food, Water, Beer, Wine, Candy, Dogsh!t, you name it, there are receptors in your brain that fire when something goes down your tube, or your lungs, or in your vein, or even up your butt...

you can feel "full", "violated", "happy", "drunk", ect... although, alchohol, and other drugs do affect your thinking, but that is because the "drug" goes after certian receptors and makes them fire in a way they arent normally doing it...releasing certian chemicals in YOUR body that have always been there and continue to be produced...

its the government not being able to take full controll of it, so they dont want anything to do with it....

same with DMT, it occurs in basically EVERYTHING on earth, yet its illegal... litterally, your body is producing DMT right now, the grass in your yard is producing it, the trees, the spider you just squished on the floor... government cant controll it, so its illegal...

#807336 - 12/13/12 07:08 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Originally Posted By: redhook
weed smokers or whatever you want to call them, arent the ones stealling the boat motors off the back of your boats

Holy $hit rh had a good point for once, and he put it in fishing terms.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#808546 - 12/19/12 07:13 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Here's a new documentary worth watching....Times are changin', finally
http://www.youtube.com/user/breakingthetaboofilm

Edited by Sky-Guy (12/20/12 03:32 AM)

#808571 - 12/19/12 08:02 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Wow! That was a very enlightening video. It should be required viewing for all politicians.

#808814 - 12/20/12 06:26 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: Dave Vedder]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

#808818 - 12/20/12 06:35 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: stlhead]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I just thought of something funny . . . . Your mama smirk laugh

#808860 - 12/20/12 08:14 PM Re: Legal Pot [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

If more people smoked weed, perhaps the crime rate would fall.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
m_ray, Str8nr
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 327 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |