THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#809106 - 12/21/12 05:49 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
Originally Posted By: j 7
Also BTW, I take the reigns in a college class from time-to-time...

Just when I thought school tragedies couldn't get any worse. wink

Well who died and left you the phukin Dan S. for the day?

j7 2012

#809109 - 12/21/12 05:53 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: j 7]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Some of us think realistically. If I remember right LE responded to that school in 90 seconds. So you have 90 seconds to be a hero and find and kill bad guy and then disarm or you have a real good chance of being shot by LE. Oh and don't forget about the other armed "heroes" who just happen to be looking to shoot some guy carrying a gun.

BTW, the last I checked they don't hire US Army to protect the POTUS, et al. Maybe this is why?

#809112 - 12/21/12 06:01 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
J7 what do you really think would have been the outcome of the Conn situation even if a teacher there had a gun in his/her desk?

Think it would have been any different?

Well I dont really know what would have happened. I hope something better. Since this is all anecdotal and conjecture I have no way of knowing. The best thing to do is take a scientific approach and test it. Train some teachers with armed defense tactics and put them through a mach scenario. Then compare it to teachers put through the same scenario without training. Then compare those results with the results of the last 45 years of nut bags shootin folks. I nor anybody else can solve this through conjecture and "what ifs". I believe I have the right to protect myself and I want the chance to do it.

j7 2012

#809113 - 12/21/12 06:03 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Nope. Until some idiot decided to use them as full time combat infantry the Nat Guard were weekend warriors for emergencies only.

#809118 - 12/21/12 06:22 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

NRA Membership EXPLODES..... banana

Looks like both sides can't let a tradgedy go to waste! thumbs The National Rifle Association, while staying mostly quiet in the immediate aftermath of the mass shooting in Connecticut, has registered an average of 8,000 new members a day since the tragedy, an NRA source told Fox News.

While this broadly aligns with trends seen after similar incidents in the past, the surge in membership this time is said to dwarf past trends.

The source, based on his access to an internal memo prepared by the organization’s membership division, said both the number of individual contributions to the NRA and their average amount have risen significantly in this period.

Amid the uptick, the NRA is planning what it describes as a “major” news conference on Friday. In its first public statement since last week’s shooting, issued Tuesday by an aide to NRA President Wayne LaPierre, the organization also conveyed condolences to the murder victims’ families and expressed the group’s willingness to offer “meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.”

Edited by Sol Duc (12/21/12 06:23 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#809119 - 12/21/12 06:26 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Sol Duc]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: stlhead
Some of us think realistically. If I remember right LE responded to that school in 90 seconds. So you have 90 seconds to be a hero and find and kill bad guy and then disarm or you have a real good chance of being shot by LE. Oh and don't forget about the other armed "heroes" who just happen to be looking to shoot some guy carrying a gun.

BTW, the last I checked they don't hire US Army to protect the POTUS, et al. Maybe this is why?

I couldn't help everyone on campus thats for sure. But if the little puke comes into range with me or my students I think I'd trade lead with him. 90 seconds is a lot of time when you can fire rounds at a round per second or less. You can get a lot of rounds out in 90 secs. The quicker he's down the better. It could backfire and I get shot in the face and lay there with a loaded gun for the nut bar to pick up and use against others but I coud also kill him and end it right there. Which scenario plays out best when trained and tested?

j7 2012

#809121 - 12/21/12 06:30 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Lets suppose that an unarmed teacher has zero% chance of defend him/her self and (your kid) students from nut job, and armed teacher has >zero% chance. Which would you choose?

Seems pretty simple.

#809123 - 12/21/12 06:34 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
You folks do know there was an armed sheriff's deputy assigned to Columbine H.S., don't you?

Yup. And the 15 year veteran missed with all shots. Of course a civilian would do much better.

#809126 - 12/21/12 06:42 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Lets suppose that an unarmed teacher has zero% chance of shooting (your kid) students, and armed teacher has >zero% chance. Which would you choose?

Seems pretty simple.

#809127 - 12/21/12 06:44 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: j 7]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: j 7

I couldn't help everyone on campus thats for sure. But if the little puke comes into range with me or my students I think I'd trade lead with him. 90 seconds is a lot of time when you can fire rounds at a round per second or less. You can get a lot of rounds out in 90 secs. The quicker he's down the better. It could backfire and I get shot in the face and lay there with a loaded gun for the nut bar to pick up and use against others but I coud also kill him and end it right there. Which scenario plays out best when trained and tested?

You hear shots. Pull gun for defense. Door swings open and a man is pointing a gun at you:

A) You shoot Bob the PE teacher.
B) Bob the PE teacher shoots you.
C) You shoot a cop.
D) Cop shoots you.
E) Perp shoots you.
F) You shoot the perp but he's wearing body armor. See E.
G) You shoot the perp and are a hero.
H) Fantasy scenarios: You and Bob draw down realizing neither one is a threat. You and cop draw down realizing neither one is a threat. These can only happen as a result of improper training. Training say's you kill someone who points a gun at you.

Not good odds of being a hero. Mostly it ends up bad.

#809128 - 12/21/12 06:48 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I bought 15 30 rounds mags for my Colt 6920 when Barry was first elected. wink

- Albert Einstein.

#809130 - 12/21/12 06:54 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

You folks do know there was an armed sheriff's deputy assigned to Columbine H.S., don't you?

Yup. And the 15 year veteran missed with all shots. Of course a civilian would do much better.

He fired four shots from 60 yards away. I would think he, or a civilian, would do substantially better at a closer range.

You RWWJ's have issues with reality. The REALITY is that he was there, got off shots and missed with all of his training. No idiotic what if spin job can change that and make it somehow better.

#809131 - 12/21/12 06:57 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: stlhead]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Classic Sol Duc to be giddy about this whole, sick thing.

#809134 - 12/21/12 07:02 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The classic SolDic part isn't him being giddy, but him being stupid enough to drop that kind of change on ammo because he thought it would actually be banned.

Dumbass.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#809139 - 12/21/12 07:48 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Todd]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
my thoughts keep going back to this story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

Every teacher shouldnt be armed, but at least the principle, or the PE teacher, or a designated guardian who is trained to respond. At least someone at each school.

#809143 - 12/21/12 08:13 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Sky-Guy]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

You hear shots. Pull gun for defense. Door swings open and a man is pointing a gun at you:

A) You shoot Bob the PE teacher.
B) Bob the PE teacher shoots you.
C) You shoot a cop.
D) Cop shoots you.
E) Perp shoots you.
F) You shoot the perp but he's wearing body armor. See E.
G) You shoot the perp and are a hero.
H) Fantasy scenarios: You and Bob draw down realizing neither one is a threat. You and cop draw down realizing neither one is a threat. These can only happen as a result of improper training. Training say's you kill someone who points a gun at you.

Not good odds of being a hero. Mostly it ends up bad.

I'm not looking to be a hero. I'm looking to give myself a dog in the fight. You forgot scenario I.

I) sit there like like a little pu$$y, get shot, and watch other people get shot as they hide under desks and chairs. While we wait 90 seconds of pure hell for the cops to show up. And to hear from you they arent very good at their job when they get there. F that man.

A dead nut bag is not a threat. Wouldn't have a gun in my hands by the time the cops got there anyway. Comunication between LE and a school with todays technology would be pretty easy to set up. Its like you said....some of us think realisticly.

More fighters, less flighters!

Since you have done nothing but criticize. What do you have to offer for a soultion?

j7 2012

#809144 - 12/21/12 08:16 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Todd
The classic SolDic part isn't him being giddy, but him being stupid enough to drop that kind of change on ammo because he thought it would actually be banned.

Dumbass.

Fish on...

Todd

Hey you stupid fck, that isn't ammo....pmags are not ammo.

- Albert Einstein.

#809149 - 12/21/12 08:34 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Sol Duc]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Shthead would be hiding in the back of the closet behind the women, shoving twinkies in his mouth with tears running down his chubby cheeks. Just think of Piggy on lord of the flies

Edited by Tom Joad (12/21/12 08:35 PM)

#809152 - 12/21/12 08:42 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA

What he likes is calling everybody that disagrees with the solution he doesn't have a RWWJ and telling them they're disconnected from reality.

The fact that he likes doing it doesn't mean he's wrong rofl

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#809156 - 12/21/12 08:53 PM Re: Surprise, surprise (The NRA's suggestion) [Re: Todd]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Got to go fellas. I'll check back later and see where this has gone or not gone. Good conversation to be having and we need to keep it up and somehow get the folks that matter to hear us.

j7 2012

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |