THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#811106 - 12/30/12 01:36 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Originally Posted By: Big_Daddy
The whole country deserves to know the truth.......PERIOD

And you expect the media to report that?

The news isn't about truth these days, it is about being first, and dramatic, and maintaining viewership. The truth is an afterthought. If that is what you seek, you will need to look elsewhere.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#811108 - 12/30/12 01:43 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ColeyG]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Coley, considering the power of the media, doesn't that scare you?

#811111 - 12/30/12 01:54 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ParaLeaks]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
So if the victims are huddled together will a bullet fired from a handgun go through one victim and enter another victims body? By claiming 3 to 11 wounds per body would make it seem that around 200 rounds were fired. I would not expect shots from a handgun fired at close range to only impact one body.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#811118 - 12/30/12 02:18 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: NickD90]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: NickD90
Big Daddy has it right. I watched and absorbed the entire first 48 - 72 hours (every news outlet for an unbiased view) of Newtown and it WAS widely reported that ONLY handguns were used inside the school and the 15 was in the vehicle. They even had a picture of it leaning up against said vehicle after they found it. Then some 2-3 days afterwards (and after the Dem Libtards immediately politicized the moment)....poof! The 15 was in the school and did all of the damage (instead of the handguns)? What, did the little prick run back outside and put it in the trunk and then run back in?

WTF? I mean really? Seriously?

The coroner / forensices teams get an immediate lifetime hero pass because of what they saw and did while doing their job. However maybe I'm dense here and missing something important, but hollow points (used as reported) from either the 15 or a handgun do what all hollow points do - and that's explode. So unless they piece mealed rounds back together to match its corresponding weapon....how would they know which rounds came from which gun?

Fully jacketed rounds would just go right through and Forensics could more easily determine a .223 from a 9mm right?

Can someone please explain any part of the above to me?

Each part of the competing media tries to get the scoop,beat each other to be the first to come out with the story and in the process screws up big time . As days go by the story gets straightened out. It's not that complicated. The video that keeps getting posted here looks to be dated 12-15. More accurate information has come out since then.

Edited by Keta (12/30/12 02:21 AM)

#811121 - 12/30/12 02:38 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ParaLeaks]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Coley, considering the power of the media, doesn't that scare you?

No. It makes me sad. If we had something to lose, I would be scared. Sadly, I think we have already lost it.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#811138 - 12/30/12 11:39 AM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ColeyG]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Do I have this right? You know the media is not reporting the truth and you want the real truth? How do you know the media is not reporting the truth? A multitude of studies have shown how two people seeing the same event report details from two seemingly different events. The phenomena is called belief dependent reality. People view events filtered through their belief system . They form a belief and then use the facts that only support that belief. Sounds like some of you pro black guns or pro guns only want information that favors your view ? Is it really important which weapons were used?

#811143 - 12/30/12 12:10 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Us and Them]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The media has no more interest in "the truth" than its customers do...most the dudes in this thread don't want "the truth" ... they want "the truth that fits their opinion"...and the news media, being in the entertainment and ad selling business first, gives its customers what they want.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#811146 - 12/30/12 12:25 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Todd]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

I can't speak for everyone else, but I can tell you straight up that I want the truth. And yes, Tom, I think I have that right. (I suspect, however, that "legally" that may not be true?)

Is there a way to fix it........or do you think that it is important?

#811148 - 12/30/12 01:29 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ParaLeaks]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
The truth as I pointed out is subjective to the person forming it. The facts will come out at some point in time , typically 6 months to a year from the event. Why do people allow the debate to be framed by someone with an agenda? Tools nor methods are the issue here , don't let the freedom takers frame the debate by getting you defending bunny trails.

#811150 - 12/30/12 01:43 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Us and Them]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

True that. The subject matter in itself is emotion-charged and plays right into agenda-based deceit......(see sig line).

There are few things that disgust me more than agenda-based liars.....especially so if the liars are charged with public trust.

#811163 - 12/30/12 03:29 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ParaLeaks]
redhook
Unregistered

heres the TRUTH... well not really, but im really curious as to why i havent heard about this, i mean sh!t, its not like movie theater shootings happen every single day...

oh thats right, a good person with a gun stopped it... thats why..

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/201...ng-2524596.html

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-wounded-in-theater-shooting-4122668.php

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559506/shots-fired-patrons-panic-at-san-antonio-theater/

#811189 - 12/30/12 05:12 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Not that it changes the outcome, but I'd like to know the total number and kinds of guys Lanza had both in the car and with him and what gun or guns were used to commit the murders. That's just basic crime statistics that police collect everywhere.

Hank, why do you think Lanza couldn't have killed all his victims with handguns? The WVU shooter had only handguns and killed more, and presumably more difficult victims in terms of their ages and locations.

Sg

#811236 - 12/30/12 08:48 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Todd]
erikj Offline
Spawner

I'm fine with giving up more gun rights. Safety first, right? Tap my phone if it makes everyone safer. Whatever. That said, I'm still trying imagine someone with this kid's issues, armed like seal team six, wiping out a classroom with the courage to save a bullet for himself. He seems to be a bit of an overachiever with his skillset. Wonder what kind of medication he was on,if any.
I finished last in my class, so I'm still just trying to learn from the smart kids....peace

#811239 - 12/30/12 08:56 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: erikj]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: erikj
I'm fine with giving up more gun rights. Safety first, right?

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”

Benjamin Franklin

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#811246 - 12/30/12 09:23 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: Dogfish]
erikj Offline
Spawner

Guess that answers that. Thank you

#811344 - 12/31/12 01:17 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: erikj]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Hank,

Your answer explains what Lanza did and what he could have done, but you didn't answer why you think he couldn't have killed all his victims using handguns only.

Sg

#811440 - 12/31/12 07:23 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Hank,

OK. I know what was reported. I was just curious why you thought Lanza couldn't have done it with hand guns when there is reasonable evidence to the contrary. Now that you say, "The VA Tech shooting proves Lanza could have shot and killed his victims with handguns." we're good, even if you're contradicting your previous statement. I'm just being thorough about cleaning up the details.

Sg

#811470 - 12/31/12 08:43 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Yeah Hank, how one says things matters, I've learned. How you said it had me thinking you believed he couldn't have used hand guns, which is different than believing he didn't use hand guns because the reports or other evidence indicated he didn't.

Even though you're a RWWJ, you're an otherwise intelligent and articulate person, so I was trying to figure out why you believed "he couldn't have used hand guns." Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

Actually at this point I'm uncertain what he did use. Without a time stamp on each report, it's hard to update and know which statement supercedes the last. At this point Lanza apparently had four handguns in total, but only two have been identified, the Sig and the Glock, and the Bushmaster and a shotgun. But if there were 4 handguns, why were only 2 identified? Or were there really only 2, but some erroneous reports said there were 4? Not that every detail matters, but getting the weapon inventory straight is imperative if Congress and Legislatures are intent on enacting new gun legislation.

Sg

#812438 - 01/04/13 03:50 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Keerist. You two should get a room. lol

Since the media so often gets it wrong, I too am curioous just what
implements were used in the atrocity.

#812612 - 01/04/13 11:48 PM Re: WTF? No assault weapon used at Sandy Hook shooting [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Does B U stand for butt ugly....?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1054 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645292 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |