Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#815906 - 01/17/13 01:39 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Todd]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Those executive orders strike me as pretty harmless to the cause of gun rights. They also strike me as being generally meaningless and "touchy-feely." I share SkyGuy's assessment that this all amounts to an enormous mis-allocation of precious funds. Like most legislation (and executive orders, for that matter), I suspect the real reason these orders are being implemented is to provide an opportunity for politicians to earmark funds for the special interests that got them elected. In my opinion, while they may appeal to the emotional side of the People that makes us hell-bent on finding solutions to problems that can't be solved, these measures will do very little to prevent future shootings. They will, on the other hand, invest money we don't have in areas that won't solve real problems.

Meanwhile, conveniently, the gun control issue has provided our elected officials yet another excuse to avoid the work most of would agree they should be doing; that of fixing the economy.

#815910 - 01/17/13 02:00 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Tillanook]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Originally Posted By: Tillanook
Originally Posted By: Dogfish

I think that keeping a close eye on the df's out there that have access to weapons would be a much more affective approach than trying to gather up peoples assault weapons. But I don 't think thats going to happen.

Really? Keeping an eye on me? Whatever for? I'm a banker, live fairly clean, been president of my school board, ran a bond levy for my kids school, hobby farmer, good father and husband, I have proposed legislation and saw it passed, even shook the governor's hand after she signed it. Pillar of the community, I am. No really, I am. How often, either openly or behind the scenes have I helped folks here and asked for nothing in return? More than probably 99% of the folks here. Don't mean to brag. It is just the facts.

When you need help protecting your rights, let me know. Oh wait, keeping you apprised of the situation at hand, and letting you know that you may wish to stock up on your 16rd mags before they are legislated out of reach might be considered being helpful. Also, as a bit of safety advice, bedside table or a quick safe would be a better option than under your pillow. Would hate to see a ND take out a fellow fisherman..

Take care, I wish you well.

None of my comments went meant to be directed at you Dog. Sorry if it sounded like that. I was refering to peope who have real mental illness and access to weapons, like the kid in Conneticut. The kid was obviously competely crazy and his mom has all these guns available to him. I'm not saying she shouldn't have the right to own those guns. But that is a situation that needs very close monitoring by mental health and others at a minimum.

You say that the high capacity mags don't matter but then you tell me to run out and stock up on them before its too late?

And you don't need to worry about my safety...the "under my pillow" comment was meant as figuratively not literaly.

You mentioned murder statistics in New York in an earlier post and how the majority were commited without guns. But every recent mass killing has been commited with semi-automatic weapons and that is what people are worried about. Mass shootings resulting in mass killings.

Maybe it is me but your comments do not make a lot of sense. You think that we need to have less access to semiautomatic weapons and high capicity magazines. You also state that you have never had a use for a semiautomatic weapon but yet you recently purchased one for home security.

#815919 - 01/17/13 03:00 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Tillanook]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell

I think that keeping a close eye on the df's out there that have access to weapons would be a much more affective approach than trying to gather up peoples assault weapons. But I don 't think thats going to happen.

Really? Keeping an eye on me? Whatever for? I'm a banker, live fairly clean, been president of my school board, ran a bond levy for my kids school, hobby farmer, good father and husband, I have proposed legislation and saw it passed, even shook the governor's hand after she signed it. Pillar of the community, I am. No really, I am. How often, either openly or behind the scenes have I helped folks here and asked for nothing in return? More than probably 99% of the folks here. Don't mean to brag. It is just the facts.

When you need help protecting your rights, let me know. Oh wait, keeping you apprised of the situation at hand, and letting you know that you may wish to stock up on your 16rd mags before they are legislated out of reach might be considered being helpful. Also, as a bit of safety advice, bedside table or a quick safe would be a better option than under your pillow. Would hate to see a ND take out a fellow fisherman..

None of my comments went meant to be directed at you Dog. Sorry if it sounded like that. I was refering to peope who have real mental illness and access to weapons, like the kid in Conneticut. The kid was obviously competely crazy and his mom has all these guns available to him. I'm not saying she shouldn't have the right to own those guns. But that is a situation that needs very close monitoring by mental health and others at a minimum.

You say that the high capacity mags don't matter but then you tell me to run out and stock up on them before its too late?

And you don't need to worry about my safety...the "under my pillow" comment was meant as figuratively not literaly.

You mentioned murder statistics in New York in an earlier post and how the majority were commited without guns. But every recent mass killing has been commited with semi-automatic weapons and that is what people are worried about. Mass shootings resulting in mass killings.

I was hoping that the df in your post was directed at "dumfuks" and not andy. thanks for clearing that up. the "high capacity" magazine issue seems to be your main point, and there are other things to consider when defining what "high capacity" is. for instance, i need to get a new mag for my 22/45 target pistol, as I'm having feeding issues. the weapon was designed around a single stack 10 rd magazine. there are no other options. is this a high cap mag?? if your pillow pistol is anything other than a pocket gun or a sub compact single stack or a 1911 it is likely that you have a "high capacity" magazine. just a few thoughts...

willy

#815923 - 01/17/13 03:11 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Tillanook]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA

Sorry about me misunderstanding because to me df = dogfish. Possibly you meant dumb fuk? If that's the case, no harm, no foul.

On the high capacity mag issue, that is just me being courteous and helpful, as I usually am here. Do you see me laying into people here, as others do? No. Good luck finding some. I've had a bitch of a time finding 13rd XD .45 mags.

There was a guy who just shot his girlfriend while camping this week where he placed his pistol under his pillow, and it went off. (ND = negligent discharge) Glad to know you are safer than that. I was concerned because of your limited firearms experience.

Again, you and I differ on what effective legislation is. With NY passing a ban on these rifles after 5 total rifles were used, again no breakdown on what types of rifles, in 774 murders, I just don't see a logical correlation between the two actions. Legislation should not be proposed based upon emotion. Trotting those kids out on stage, pure showmanship.

Todd, let's review your stance after we see Diane's bill, and others, hit the media on Tuesday. There were a lot of shocked NewYorkers on Tuesday when they went to go shoot a round of trap, only to find that a background check was required to buy any sort of ammo, including trap and skeet rounds. They thought that since they were Fudds (as in Elmer Fudd), and had no need for evil black rifles that the legislation didn't apply to them. Turkey hunters who use shotguns with pistol grips, and target shooters with thumbhole stocks also were hit, quite unexpectedly. The devil is in the details, interpretation, and implementation.

Are you coming to the march on the State Capital on Saturday? Hope to see you there since you are also a gun owner. Just got the approval for another can on Monday, the .22LR one. Should have the stamp and can in hand by Friday or Tuesday. Offer still stands for a little shooting quiet.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#815931 - 01/17/13 03:38 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I'd love to when I'm down your way some time, Andy. House shopping this weekend wink

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#815932 - 01/17/13 03:41 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Originally Posted By: Banned User
Andy:

Quiet and Todd aren't usually two things that are in the same space time continuom...

Just pointing that out..FWIW....

I don't usually "LOL", but I will for this one. LOL!

#815933 - 01/17/13 03:44 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Good luck Todd.

#815938 - 01/17/13 04:07 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
What's a continuom?

#815944 - 01/17/13 04:26 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Illyrian]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

#815957 - 01/17/13 05:48 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
Oh crap! Now I have to tell my wife we need to turn in her squirrel shootin' Daisy Red Ryder I bought her for our anniversary last year. I do not want to have this conversation.

#815965 - 01/17/13 06:30 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Luv the journalist's guide!

Hey Andy, who, what, when, where on Sat.?

Sg

#815973 - 01/17/13 06:56 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Andy:

Quiet and Todd aren't usually two things that are in the same space time continuom...

x2.

#815974 - 01/17/13 06:59 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Driftin']
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Originally Posted By: Driftin'
Andy:

x2.

Lmao...that was a good one.
Andy do we wear are evil black rifles? smile

#816004 - 01/17/13 08:41 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Salmo g.]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Luv the journalist's guide!

Hey Andy, who, what, when, where on Sat.?

Sg

SG, The info is here.
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum...html#Post815140

I'm parking at the DNR building and walking over to the Capital Bldg. Noon is when it starts. I'll probably be there around 11:30 or so.

Rossiman, I'm not the type of guy who invites "The Man" into my life, so I won't be there open carrying a pistol, or a rifle. You can be assured that I will have a pistol on me though. I'll leave that choice up to you.

If any of you do go, please dress appropriately, and if you are not articulate (the test is knowing what articulate means, without looking it up) please don't talk to the media. The media is not our friend on this issue, and they will look for the most ignorant asshole to interview. Trust me.

#816016 - 01/17/13 09:09 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Dogfish]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Dogfish I'm just messing around. I don't open carry nor am I one of those dudes who tries to get confronted by cops. I do conceal carry everyday but never open carry unless I'm fishing/hunting/in the woods, then its a G20 on my hip with handloads.
Im sure there will be tons of dudes open carrying/doing that. They can be the ones looking like a fool as they have there rifle slinged on there back.
smile
Open carry you loose your biggest advantage. The element of surprise. I don't want a criminal knowing I'm armed until out comes my gun and my laser lights up there chest, in return hopefully making a grown man chit his pants in fear/making him rethink
his occupation.. That may be the last thing a criminal ever see's.

#816030 - 01/17/13 10:13 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Rossiman]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Good fodder Rossi crazy

- Albert Einstein.

#816041 - 01/17/13 10:40 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Open carry = get drilled first

#816087 - 01/18/13 12:52 AM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: ]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Be sure and mention the upcoming revolution also rossiman, and how you plan to 'take it to the streets' in defense of your rights.
Makes for compelling Tv with your first quote.

That way you won't be confused with those open carry bozos and their gasden flags
KK you got me confused for a gun toting far right conservative, batchit crazy redneck. Definitely not that...Just your average gun owner/shooting enthusiast. You wont see me open carrying, toting a rifle around or trying to get attention by the media or confronted by the cops. I laugh at those idiots... I conceal carry and do NOT want to draw ANY unwanted attention to myself especially if i need to use my firearm in a self defense situation. I don't want a bad guy knowing who he should shoot/pistol whip first...
As far as a civil war, lets hope it NEVER comes to that. Im not a guy who's looking to pick a fight with the goverment... However, I'm also not a guy who's going to sit back on the sideline and let a Government trample on my rights. I hope the House, Senate and Pro gun Republicans and Democrats stand up and fight for the 2nd Amendment right like millions of us gun owners are doing.

As far as my comment on the laser/concealed carry issue, I was talking about having to draw your gun in a self defense situation. I dont know what the hell you thought i was talking about... Now, on to the amusing side. I have heard stories of robbers/carjackers/etc literally chitting there pants in fear, after having a concealed carry holder draw there firearm and point the laser center mass at there chest... rofl
Reread my edited post above, it might make more sense...

Be sure and mention the upcoming revolution also rossiman, and how you plan to 'take it to the streets' in defense of your rights.
Makes for compelling Tv with your first quote.

That way you won't be confused with those open carry bozos and their gasden flags

I plan on hopefully going to the event. I dont plan on strapping a freaking AR-15 on my back or walking around with a handgun in a dam shoulder holster or on my hip in plain view. There will be plenty of those guys already doing that. They can draw the media/LEO's attention and look like a dumbass. There hurting are cause, not helping it...
I hope the media interviews guys like Andy, Randy, etc that have brains and can intellectually carry on a conversation while showing what 95% of gun owners are like. Average American citizens.

#816102 - 01/18/13 01:43 AM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Direct-Drive]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
Open carry = get drilled first
Exactly. Now the bad guy(s) knows who to shoot first or who to hold at gunpoint while his buddy comes up and pistol whips your ass and takes your own gun from ya... I wanna look like your average "innocent" Joe Schmoe. A "non threat" to him/her. If i ever have to intervene in a situation I want to overwhelmingly surprise the bad guy(s) by force if its tactically feasable/worth it to intervene. Wearing a gun in plain direct view does not accomplish that IMO. Your relying on the deterrent factor of the gun and for the criminal to get cold feet/scared because he see's someone is "armed". It may work, or it may get you shot depending on how commited they are... In all of the defensive pistol/CCW classes I have attended over the last few years, not one instructor has EVER advocated open carrying. In fact a few "open carriers" where converted once they got done with the class and saw the tactical disadvantage of someone knowing your armed. Alot of people get really edgy seeing someone armed. I dont want to be confronted by the police cause some guy/girl felt threatened...
There where two really good threads a while back on the benefits/cons of both Open/Concealed Carry: BOTH sides had good and valid points. One was on M4carbine and the other I beleive was on Lightfighter.

Cant wait for this Spring. Advanced handgun course with Larry Vickers and Rob Leatham in Phoenix, AZ. Its going to be a blast!
Larry Vickers is one of the baddest dudes on the planet and is one hell of an instructor. I think there are a few spots still open aswell if anyone is interested. This will be the first time exclusively training with him. However, when i took Ken Hackathorn's Pistol/Low light shooting class last year he was there helping Ken demonstrate some techniques and the benefits of CTC laser grips and how to tactically employ a weapon light/handheld in a gunfight or self defense encounter. I highly recommend both Hackathorn and Vicker. There both top notch instructors who have to be booked way in advance...

#816240 - 01/18/13 05:39 PM Re: And so it starts...... [Re: Rossiman]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Anybody here read Sam Harris' articles on the Newtown shooting and gun control? I guess he's best known for his atheist books, but he's articulate and presents a thoughtful and logical piece on these important topics. Good stuff.

Sg

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |