THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#820000 - 02/03/13 04:51 AM Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle.
Ketaman Offline
Parr

Loc: Kitsap, WA

Edited by Jerry Garcia (02/03/13 11:26 AM)

#820030 - 02/03/13 02:19 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Ketaman]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

PTSD gone really, really bad. Sad.

#820034 - 02/03/13 02:24 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Salmo g.]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
So many angles to this story.......speechless.

#820035 - 02/03/13 02:24 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: ParaLeaks]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Absolutely terrible, what a waste.

#820044 - 02/03/13 02:59 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: fish4brains]
redhook
Unregistered

i saw him on Sniper: Inside the Crosshairs... man that is messed up...

RIP Sir...

#820045 - 02/03/13 03:06 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
When the bad guys call you "The Devil of Ramadi" you know you're puttin' the hurt on them.

RIP

#820048 - 02/03/13 03:28 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Direct-Drive]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
That's really terrible news.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#820133 - 02/03/13 10:10 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Todd]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Dam, this is horrible news... Chris Kyle was a great guy and did tons for Veterans and those suffering from PTSD.
Sorry to hear about his neighbor/buddy aswell. Just shows that even a day at the range can turn deadly...

#820160 - 02/03/13 11:08 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Rossiman]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
I agree, Chris & Chad didn't deserve to go out like that.....My thoughts are with their Family's.

War is just nasty business.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#820238 - 02/04/13 12:15 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Magicfly]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Horrible

#820259 - 02/04/13 01:23 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Coho]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

Google Mobile New's headlines yesterday stated "Hero shot SEMI AUTOMATIC HANDGUN" and included a link to ban assault weapons.

That is a nice tribute to a war hero by sensationalizing his death and demonizing his business and life's work.

Nice

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.1254181
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#820301 - 02/04/13 03:29 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: JTD]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
WOW,Horrible is right.Good luck,
SZ

#820534 - 02/05/13 12:50 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Add this to the list of stupid things the GOP says:
Quote:
Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Ron Paul

#820612 - 02/05/13 05:28 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Since the answer to gun violence is always...always...to have more guns, it's really too bad there weren't people there with guns, maybe even some professionally trained people there with guns, to shoot this guy before he took innocent lives.

Fish on...

Todd

#820626 - 02/05/13 06:12 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Yeah, cuz an armed and trained Nave SEAL won't be nearly as effective as a rent-a-cop...maybe the shooting range should have had some actual experts there to protect Navy SEALs from people who should not be armed, but are.

Fish on...

Todd

#820636 - 02/05/13 07:24 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Todd]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Todd
Yeah, cuz an armed and trained Nave SEAL won't be nearly as effective as a rent-a-cop...maybe the shooting range should have had some actual experts there to protect Navy SEALs from people who should not be armed, but are.

Fish on...

Todd

I think beating the fact he was well trained with a gun is weak. No one would expect to be attacked at a gun range, even if you were accompanied by a guy with PTSD, and shooting two unsuspecting people at close range wouldn't be difficult at all- just ask those Lakewood cops that Clemmons gunned down. All four of them were armed and were presumably at a higher alert status than Chris Kyle.

Let's see... if there was an armed security guard in that Parkland cafe I bet Clemmons wouldn't have been able to kill all the four officers or may have even thought twice about the engagement... and no one seems to calculate the deterrent factor- maybe even some whacked out potential shooter would reconsider if he knew a guy like Chris Kyle were watching over a school.

Using his death or the school shootings for a political agenda sucks, whether that is pro or anti gun.

The guy was a hero, those cops died unnecessarily in the line of duty and those kids were completely innocent. All three are tragic and each of the shooters deserve to burn in Hell, but to criticize the Chris Kyle's talents or diminish them by promoting their death to make a point is rude.

I heard excerpts of an interview on the radio this morning with Piers Morgan and Ted Nugent and Ted, whom I rarely consider eloquent, actually made a good point- You (Piers M.) don't seem concerned about murder at all... you seem fixated on guns...

You can listen if you missed it

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/ted-nugent-piers-morgan-gun-control_n_2621920.html
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#820639 - 02/05/13 07:35 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: JTD]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

JTD, just pointing out that having an armed expert on hand doesn't lend credence to "more guns is the answer"...and this sad and tragic story lends a lot of credence to the idea that some people shouldn't be armed, and should be subject to having their guns taken away if they are not stable and sane enough to carry them safely.

Fish on...

Todd

#820644 - 02/05/13 07:55 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: Todd]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

And you have a point... I would leave the required severity of mental illness for the experts to decide, whether such a person as Routh should or should not have access to firearms. I am sure Chris Kyle knew there was an element of danger and accepted that in an effort to try and help.

I was pointing out an irrelevance in your argument suggesting an armed expert on hand is just another potential victim... you said

"Yeah, cuz an armed and trained Nave SEAL won't be nearly as effective as a rent-a-cop...maybe the shooting range should have had some actual experts there to protect Navy SEALs from people who should not be armed, but are."

I just don't think that is very respectful statement and I think you are wrong supported by the Lakewood cop example I offered.

I also think very few people would appreciate hearing you devalue a war hero or those officers just to support YOUR position in a gun debate.

I don't.

#820664 - 02/05/13 10:07 PM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Originally Posted By: Hankster
You left out the other part of that tweet...Why would you do that?

Ron Paul ✔ @RonPaul

Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense

I thought the one line was sufficient and proved my point, but if you feel it necessary to also point out that Paul actually made two stupid statements by also calling into question the judgement of the most acclaimed sniper in history, so be it.

How ironic that a guy can survive four combat tours in a war-torn country only to be killed by a bullet in the United States.

#820736 - 02/06/13 11:46 AM Re: Hero killed RIP Chris Kyle. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

JTD, I'm not devaluing anything other than the constant refrain that "more guns!" is always...always...the answer to gun violence.

Can't really have more guns and more trained shooters than at a range, with SEAL...and yet someone still pulled his piece and killed two innocent people.

As soon as the nuts stop answering every question with "more guns!" then there will be an actual conversation about gun violence...until then it's them who are devaluing any life that's been ended by gun violence.

Fish on...

Todd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 985 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |